Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Glorious San Diego, and I intend on keeping it that way!!!

Hector Herrera Accused of Molesting a 4,6,&8yr.old

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/sto ... z1KlA.cspx

SAN DIEGO - A Shelltown man accused of molesting three young siblings enrolled in his wife's home day-care service pleaded not guilty Friday to four felony sexual assault charges.

Hector Herrera, 52, was ordered held on $500,000 bail.

The defendant is charged with one count of oral copulation on a child under 10 and three counts of committing a lewd act on a child. The charges include multiple-victim allegations.

Herrera faces consecutive life terms in prison if convicted, said Deputy District Attorney Claudine Ruiz.

The case came to light last weekend, when a 4-year-old girl told her mother about allegedly being molested several days earlier by Herrera at Shining Stars Daycare in the 3900 block of Boston Avenue, SDPD Lt. Rudy Tai said.

The youngster's two brothers, ages 6 and 8, subsequently alleged that they also had been inappropriately touched by Herrera, the lieutenant said.

Herrera's wife apparently was unaware of the alleged crimes and is not considered a suspect, according to police.

Her business has been closed pending the results of an investigation by the Community Care Licensing Division of the state Department of Social Services, which monitors day-care facilities.

Judge David Szumowski ordered Herrera to have no contact with the alleged victims.

A readiness conference was set for June 1 and a preliminary hearing for June 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Coverage from 5/19/11:

SAN DIEGO - A child home day care operator is defending her husband accused of molesting three children. Police say a 4-year old girl complained to her mother about the abuse. Detectives say it turns out that little girl's two other brothers were also molested.
    Lupe Herrera the owner and operator of Shining Stars Daycare took us on a tour of this home now absent of children. Police led her 52-year old husband, Hector out of this place he once lived in while his wife took care of kids.

Lupe Herrera said, "I am a bit sad. I am really scared, because yesterday the police arrived and arrested my husband for the words of a girl who said she was abused."

Police say a 4-year old child told her mother she was molested.

Lt. Rudy Tai with San Diego Police said, "The child and mother were alone together at home for whatever reason the child disclosed to the mother and was extremely emotional about what happened."

The 4-year old girl's two brothers. Six and eight-year olds also claimed Hector Herrera molested them. Lupe Herrera says no such actions ever happened.

She said, "No...I know my husband. He may be moody."

Neighbors living right next door to the home daycare say the Herrera's have taken care of their children. Laura Aguillon sends her four children here.

Aguillon said, "I can say I know it is a lie, because they are not like that I have known them forever. Me and my kids are over there pretty much everyday."

Herrera says her daycare is accredited with the state, and usually she takes care of nine to ten children at a time. She has a message for those parents.

Herrera said, "You have all the rights in the world to ask and investigate, but the only thing I ask please is to start checking the family making the accusations."

Police say the daycare has been closed for business, but according to Lupe Herrera her place is open, and ready to take care of kids.

Detectives are looking into the possibilty of other victims. Anyone believing their child may have been molested can call police at 619-531-2260.
    <div>"Diversified"*does NOT*mean invading*our Country and forcing their culture and language,**stealing jobs,*using fake ID',s, living on government benefits, and flying their flag over ours! </div>

Banned
    He needs to go to prison they will LOVE him in there.I bet she did open back up she dont think he done anything wrong.They are already illegal so why close the doors they werent deported thats good enough for her.

Police say the daycare has been closed for business, but according to Lupe Herrera her place is open, and ready to take care of kids.
    Because she proves herself to be so compliant with governance in this statement.

I believe you Lupe, just as much as I did the threatened zombie apocalypse that was to happen today, that being compliant long enough to be certified means so much about how things happen day in and day out.[/code]
    I don't care who you are, how you got here, what color you are, what language/dialect you speak... If you didn't get here legally then you don't belong here. Period.