Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Help me make The Nation look bad to their supporters (Dobbs)

I discuss an editorial from The Nation that promotes amnesty at the link; their editorial is keyed to their recent Dobbs story.

I'd like to think that my post would show many Nation supporters how what Nation promotes is wrong. And, if enough of those supporters saw it and were convinced, that would send a message to The Nation - and others in their sphere - that they should support better policies.

But, I need your help getting those readers to see it. I've already left the link in a comment at The Nation and I've tweeted it a few times, but there are still plenty of other sites that are discussing this issue where you could either leave the link or use the arguments I make at the link. There are also plenty of people on Twitter with large numbers of followers who haven't seen the link or any arguments against The Nation.

For instance, you could use a version of the wage floor argument at the end of my post to point out to their supporters how The Nation would just make things worse for American workers. Obviously, you need to adapt any arguments you make to The Nation's audience: show how The Nation's policies would decrease wages for American workers, show how those policies would benefit the "corporate class", and so on.

Note also that none of this is in support of Dobbs. It's possible to use the Dobbs issue to make his opponents look bad without supporting him. And, his opponents are far, far more dangerous than he is.

Dobbs supports amnesty for millions of illegal aliens

so don't care what they do to him.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dobbs Tells Telemundo He Now Backs Amnesty

In a little-noticed interview last week, Lou Dobbs announced that he now supports amnesty for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants ...
    www.infowars.com/dobbs-tells-telemundo- ... s-amnesty/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Please note

Please note the final paragraph of the post:

Note also that none of this is in support of Dobbs. It's possible to use the Dobbs issue to make his opponents look bad without supporting him. And, his opponents are far, far more dangerous than he is.

Once again: I'm not rushing to Dobbs' defense. I'm using this issue to make his opponents - the illegal immigration-supporting establishment - look bad.

Can someone else explain that in a better way?[/b]

I choose to sit on the sidelines and laugh as the amnesty supports attack each other,

and hopefully destroy each other too.
    NO AMNESTY

Banned
    Yes, well, my way is better since I'm actually taking actions against amnesty supporters rather than letting them do what they want to do. If I got some help, the actions I'm taking could help do things like make an NYT reporter issue a retraction, make ThinkProgress change a headline, and generally make amnesty supporters look bad. None of that will happen just by watching. Those who just sit by are ceding a win to amnesty supporters.

And, it's possible to use Dobbs' conversion to my advantage, as can be seen in the comment I left here:

Apparently you haven't been paying attention. In January - nine whole months ago - Dobbs changed his tune. The new version of Dobbs is more on your side than mine. Which makes The Nation even more stupid: not only did they spend a year on what's basically a non-story, the subject of their non-story is more or less on the same side as they are. And, The Nation refuses to go after big fish, like banks that want to profit from illegal activity. Instead, The Nation is in effect helping crooks like that.

Many people on the left have been trained to think "bad" when they hear "Dobbs". That comment is designed to confuse them. It's also designed to make the Nation look bad.

But, I don't have all day to do things like this and I can't do everything myself. In case anyone wants to take effective actions against amnesty supporters, please help out.

You make very solid, effective, and legitimate points. I will do what I can to help. I am interested in this because the Left's hypocrisy on this issue baffles me. It is one of the most intriguing aspects of this fight, and something we can use to lure more Democrats to our side.

I can not, for the life of me, understand how people who support illegal immigration can even begin to claim they support the American worker. They are supporting what they claim to oppose -- Corporate America raping the working poor and driving down wages and conditions. They are turning their back on exactly what generations of their predecessors fought for and won for middle class and working class people in this nation. So...Liberals fight and fight for better wages, conditions, health care, pensions ect, all so they can piss it away with illegal immigration???? Makes no sense

And guys, can we set aside getting burned by Dobbs for a minute? If the Nation is wrong, deceitful, and manipulating information about him for an OBL agenda I see no problem pointing this out. Dobbs is absolutely no threat. He betrayed us, we cut all ties. The Left will NEVER have him because of what he has said in the past, he is forever associated with being an immigration restrictionist in their eyes. Dobbs is somewhere out in no-man's-land, and is completely irrelevent as a spokesman today. The Nation on the other hand is still relevant as a recognized force in this debate. Their lies, contradictions, and hypocrisy surrounding illegal immigration and workers rights needs to be exposed. This issue is fundamental to the illegal immigration debate.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

RELATED

Dobbs: I'm Latinos' greatest friend
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-179405.html

Shocking Lou Dobbs Video! Opinions Needed ASAP
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-983990.html
    NO AMNESTY

I seen a change in him when they had gunshots outside his home..
    Maybe he fears them more than us.
    Whatever happend about that anyways did they find out who did it or is it swept under the rug?

Dobbs was on OReilly
    he says he is helping Schumer and Guiterrez on trying to get some kind of bill passed.

Gotta check out the entire interview after the first break at 10 after

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast