Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HELP TEAMSTERS STOP MEXICAN TRUCK PROJECT

IF YOU GO TO THE TEAMSTERS WEB SITE THERE IS A "TAKE ACTION CENTER". THEY HAVE A FAX SET UP FOR SEVERAL DIFFERENT TOPICS.

ONE OF THOSE TOPICS IS THE CROSS BORDER MEXICAN TRUCK PROJECT. IF YOU SIGN ON (YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A TEAMSTER, JUST CHOOSE A USER NAME AND PASSWORD). YOU CAN SEND A FAX THROUGH THEM.

HERE IS THE LINK. AND THEY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO SHARE THE LINK.

http://www.teamsterstakeaction.org/camp ... iKTn14aW
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay, Redpony. I sent mine.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

THANKS TINY. THEY NEED PUBLIC SUPPORT

I support the Teamsters on this, and will continue to make calls against the Mexican truck pilot program, but I am P.O.'d at the Teamsters for their support of amnesty for illegals.

In fact, I heard the #2 official from the Teamsters on talk radio basically say there is no difference between legal and illegal immigrants. His union opposes guest worker programs, but fully supports amnesty for illegals in the country. If they want to protect citizens' wages, they should oppose amnesty.

HE HE POPULIST: I HEAR YA. WELL NOW THAT THEIR JOBS ARE AT STAKE THEY MAY CHANGE THEIR TUNE. IT'S KIND OF BITIN THEM IN THE AZZ RIGHT NOW. I DONT LIKE IT THAT SOME UNIONS SUPPORTED AMNESTY EITHER. BUT I SEE THIS AS A FIGHT FOR THE AMERICAN WORKER IN GENERAL.

Populist...I just heard Jim Santangelo, Teamster's VP, too. He was on the Al Rantel show and he was all over the place trying to avoid the fact that he supports illegals. First he said he doesn't support illegal immigration but he finally admitted that there is no difference between legal and illegal. In fact he said the Teamsters probably has lots of illegals...it's not their place to check immigration status. He ended up by praising them.

I can't support the Teamsters on anything...but I will keep fighting against the Mexican trucks and truckers.

WELL THE TEAMSTERS ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO REMAIN PRO ILLEGAL AND THEN FIGHT AGAINST THE MEXICAN TRUCK PROJECT. IT WONT WORK.

AND THERE IS MUCH AT STAKE. IT JUST ISNT THE DRIVERS, BUT THE PORT WORKERS AS WELL. AND WHAT WILL THEIR TALKING POINTS BE? THAT THE MEXICAN TRUCKS ARE UNSAFE?

THEY GOTTA DO BETTER THAN THAT. THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GO THE DANGEROUS TRUCKS, DRUG SMUGGLING PEOPLE SMUGGLING, TERRORIST SMUGGLING ROUTE.

HA HA....AND THEY WONT WANT AMNESTIED ILLEGALS THAT WORK FOR MEXICAN TRUCK COMPANIES HAVING ACCESS TO THEIR JOBS. IN FACT IF THEY SUCCEED IN THE CROSS BORDER TRUCKING ASSAULT, THAT PART OF THE UNION WONT HAVE MEMBERS. HEY.....THEY BETTER THINK TWICE BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO AFFECT THEM BIG TIME.

working4change
    Just sent mine

AmericanMe,
    Yes, Santangelo was all flopping all over the place, at times bordering on incoherent. If his debate with Al Rantel was a wrestling match, Al pinned him at least three times. Example: Santangelo said the Teamsters support amnesty for illegals who have been "working hard and paying taxes in the U.S. for 15-20 years." Then he just blathered and had no response when Al responded that the amnesty bill Santagelo just supported would have legalized illegals who have been in the country since January 1 of this year!

Here is the blurb on the Teamsters website. Notice the typical euphemisms for amnesty:

Immigration
    The Teamsters will continue to work for comprehensive immigration reform that includes smart border security measures and earned legalization for undocumented workers who have contributed to our communities. The Teamsters will oppose legislation containing a guest worker program.

I agree, the Teamsters are simply reaping what they sowed. They were staunch supporters of illegal aliens as long as it benefited them. They are in the same category as the Chamber of Commerce and the other pro-illegal groups.

They can't afford to lose their bread and butter trucking industry. Now, this untenable situation requires action. Now, they are poised to fight on our side....the American side. It sickens me.

I will continue to fight to deny access to our country by the Mexican truckers. Of course if the Teamsters lose, it is the American truckers, in particular independent owners, who will suffer. The greedy leaders of the Teamsters, just as the greedy corporate CEO's, will have a loss of profit, but will continue to go unscathed. They won't lose their livelihood, just a reduction from the millions they will receive for total compensation.

As usual, the little guy pays the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast