Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HERE COME THE BRAKES! DISASTEROUS!

I was afraid this might happen. Looks like next week the nation will be hearing all about that SOB BUsh as they deploy him to put on the brakes to try to stop any real change in Washington. Bush could deflate the massive GOP advantage.

---

Bush speaks in Chicago, plugs new book
    October 21, 2010 12:19 PM | 4 Comments

Former President George W. Bush reflected on his presidency, his life out of the spotlight, poked fun at himself and plugged his upcoming book today while speaking in Chicago at a conference for a finance trade association.

Bush, wearing a black suit and purple tie with stripes, told a crowd of hundreds of conference attendees of taking his Scottish terrier, Barney, for a walk around their Texas neighborhood for the first time since leaving office.

"I was out of the presidency for two weeks and I had a plastic bag on my hand," which drew laughter and applause from the crowd attending the Commercial Finance Association convention. "In the old days there'd be a guy with a plastic bag on his hand, following."

Bush, whose memoir "Decision Points," is set for release Nov. 9, joked, "I have written a book. This will come as quite a shock to some. They didn't think I could read, much less write."

He said the book is the only reason he'll be back in the spotlight soon.

"I have zero desire, just so you know, to be in the limelight," Bush said. "I don't think it's good for the country to have a former president criticize his successor. You're not going to see me giving my opinions in the public arena, until I start selling my book. I'm going to emerge then submerge."

When a member of the audience asked why he had signed off on the bailout of major financial institutions, Bush said he took that action after his economic advisors, Henry Paulson, the former treasury secretary, and Ben Bernanke, the current head of the Federal Reserve, urged him to do so.

"I did not want to be a president overseeing a depression greater than the Great Depression," Bush said.

Bush said he believed the upcoming elections will mean a loss of congressional support for President Barack Obama.

"The odds are, from a historical perspective, that the president is going to lose [congressional] seats. The question is how many."

Of his legacy, he said he knows he won't be remembered as Shakespeare, but he hopes he's remembered for his beliefs.

"I would like to be remembered as a guy who had a set of priorities, and was willing to live by those priorities" he said. "In terms of accomplishments, my biggest accomplishment is that I kept the country safe amidst a real danger."

The former president said his greatest failure in office was not passing Social Security reform.
    -- Becky Schlikerman

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010 ... oints.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

G. W. Bush - October surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    Yep, George Soros cannot stop the GOP advance, but Bush and Rove can.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W
    Rove has been blathering for a year now on Fox

I don't think he or Bush can derail whats going to happen

Why would they derail it, aren't they Repubs. Or RINO's somebody please tell me what the hell RINO stands for?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RINO = Republican In Name Only

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Why would they derail it, aren't they Repubs. Or RINO's somebody please tell me what the hell RINO stands for?
    They are New World Order.

They're Neocons and members of the elite cabal and they would be opposed to true conservatives who believe in the Constitution and the Republic gaining control of the Repub party and our government. Having that SOB Bush come out in public might influence people to not vote the way we would like them to.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W
    Rove has been blathering for a year now on Fox

I don't think he or Bush can derail whats going to happen
    I pray that you are correct JustTheFacts.

W

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    stevetheroofer,

RINO stands for Republican In Name Only

People like Bush are not Republicans, nor Democrats. They ignore the official platforms of both parties though they pay lip service to those issues during elections.

Bush is a Globalist just like Obama and a traitor to the people and the Constitution of the United States.

Pulling the failed actor Bush back on to the stage will throw a lot of wet water on our voters. They are trying to quench the Republican backlash by rolling out the main Republican nobody in their right mind wants to run back to.

They are rolling Bush and his book out a few days before the election to try and stop the wild and woolly unlettered Republicans in the throw away districts from winning and taking control in Washington.

The Washington insiders are afraid of the people now and they are queuing up the next episode of George Bush sucks to try and quell our politically revolutionary spirit.

W

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast