Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here it comes... The GOP Unite Speech

My response to friends@gopusa.com

Sorry, I will never vote for John McCain and plan to leave the republican party as a result of his nomination. Rather my family and I will change our registration to Democrat and work for the Clinton campaign. Our hope is the real republicans in Congress will vote against most of Clinton's proposals. Whereas McCain, also a liberal, will have the democrat congress on his side along with republicans to get his liberal agenda passed.

My Friends,

I am writing to you because today, we must begin to unite as party and prepare for the upcoming election in November. If I am so fortunate as to be the Republican nominee for president, I will stand on my conservative convictions and offer Americans a clearly conservative approach to governing. But my friends, I cannot succeed in this endeavor without the support of dedicated conservatives like you. And today, I write to ask for your support.

Will you join my campaign today by making a generous contribution? We will have a hard-fought battle against either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, and I know that by joining together, our party will prevail on Election Day.

In just a few short days, Senators Clinton and Obama have raised nearly $10 million online for their respective campaigns. I know that I must take the time now to replenish my campaign's funds to prepare for what will undoubtedly be the most expensive campaign for president in our history. That is why I ask you to make an urgent contribution of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more today.

This election is going to be about big things, not small things. And I intend to fight as hard as I can to ensure that our shared conservative principles prevail.

Senators Clinton and Obama want to increase the size of the federal government, raise your taxes, and withdraw our forces from Iraq based on an arbitrary timetable designed for political expediency. I intend to reduce the size of the federal government, cut your taxes and win this war. I have had the distinct honor of serving our great country for many decades and with your support, I will be able to serve her for a little while longer.

I am proud to have come to public office as a foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution. My friends, twenty-five years later, I am still proud to be a conservative and it is my greatest hope that you will join me in this campaign today. Thank you.

Sincerely,

John McCain

I am so sick of this jerk talking about his conservative credentials, the Reagan revolution, foot soldier, yadda, yadda, yadda.
    Now he wants my money. Well, he'd better have a "come to Jesus" meeting with us and darn well describe what his plans are for immigration, judges, & etc.
    Supposedly, his campaign manager said that his CPAC speech was as good as it gets for conservatives. Well, then I have news for him. I haven't given him a dime and would vote for Hitler before him and that will be as good as it gets with me!!!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Yeah, I got my "need to unite now" letter also, to which I replied:

Dear Mr. Eberle: (GOP guy)

Thanks for this email, but I must inform you, I cannot, as a true conservative American, vote for John McCain.

I cannot vote and stand by and allow this potential president to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants merely to satisfy the whims and thirst for cheap labor of fellow Republicans and/or independent consituents. This is going to be the absolute END of our Republic as we know it,and I refuse to be a part of that. I would rather see McCain lose, a Democrat win, and let the Democrat take credit for the horrible state the country will be in after four years of their control. I do NOT want to see that blame laid at the feet of anything that is called the Republican party.

I respect John McCain for his past service in Viet Nam, but I have to vote based on his record in the Senate. It has been a very liberal record, and he also stands for gay marriage, which I do not, as many conservatives do not. There are just too many issues to overlook with this candidate, but to be clear, I could overlook them, save the amnesty issue.

So, again, to be clear -- it is John McCain's blatant record on amnesty that makes me unable to vote for him in this general election. He addresses the border, reluctantly, but will not address the citizenship issue of the 40 million or so that are already here. He is like many of the local politicians in my area who are too connected to the business profits of hiring these illegals, so he can't let go of the issue.

As a nurse, I witness first hand everyday the financial and social drain illegal aliens are placing on our society, on our healthcare system, and most importantly on our rule of law. If our politicians have no respect for the rule of law, then I don't see how, as a country and as a free American Democratic society, we can continue.

It is a sad day when the GOP puts up such a candidate that I cannot vote for. I have voted in every election since 1985, having had the pleasure to vote for Ronald Reagan in my lifetime. We had Ron Paul as a viable conservative candidate, but he was ridiculed and ignored. That speaks volumes to me as to where the GOP has strayed, and why I can no longer support your candidate for president in November.

Sincerely,

MW
    Dianne wrote:

plan to leave the republican party as a result of his nomination. Rather my family and I will change our registration to Democrat and work for the Clinton campaign.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I also got this same letter and I wrote one back to his campaign basically stating very bluntly:

"Now is the time for Senator McCain to retire because contrary to his claim that he 'gets it' , nothing could be further from the truth. Senator McCain doesn't get it and never will get it. It's time for Senator McCain to finally find a retirement home in Florida, where he and Senator Kennedy can spend their remaining years in a retirement home flooded with their illegal labor. "

That was about a week ago so I really hope I get something back!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

NOOOOOO

NOOO Please don't send him to Florida!

I got that same letter. I wrote them pretty much the same thing. I will NOT vote for John McCain. My whole family is going to vote Democrat, just to make sure McCain does not get elected. If Obama is the Democratic nominee then I will write in a name for President and make sure I at least get to vote some of the worthless congressmen and lawmakers out of office in my area.

In my 32 years of voting I have never been so disenfranchised about the future of this country. It is a shame the greatest country in the world has such POOR choices of leaders.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Good post and replies, stay strong!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Great letters guys !!! Keep them up

Here it comes

I will not vote for John McCain.

Please go his website and write him to explain why conservatives would rather let the dems win than vote for him.

I have voted republican for over 30 years. If he would promise to pass e-verify nationally--before any type of guest worker program or legalization, most of the illegal workers would be forced to leave.
    McCain's promise to secure the border contains NO PLAN on how he will do it. It won't work unless we put armed troops with orders to catch and detain all along the US borders.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast