Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If your going to Boycott

If you are going to boycott then let them know. They can be reached at 1-800-468-1714. Last time I spoke to them they thought it would make me feel better by telling me it was only going to be 10% of their production. What about the Americans here who are now out of work? They must look at Americans as being totally self centered and not caring about our fellow americans.

I actually check to see where my food is produced, if it doesn't come from somewhere that I think safely produces food, I don't buy it. Too many stories of cesspools and antibiotics. YUK!!
    Starlight mints, Brachs, are made in Mexico, I don't buy them. I don't buy shimp anymore.

I guess this will be my Hersey's kiss off as well.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is one that is not hard for me to do at all.. Getting others to join may be hard though.
    Life is a ***** dont vote for one.

I won't eat candy made in Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by ourcountrynottheirs
    ADIOS HERSHEY! YOU'D BETTER HOPE MEXICANS LIKE CHOCOLATE!!!
    Well......they do

Thing about outsourcing is, the corporations want the best of both worlds. They want to use the cheapest labor possible overseas, and sell into the world's richest consumer market (us). If a boycott of Hersheys were successful in the US, and they had to sell into Mexico, they would lose the profit they are seeking. Because they would have to lower their prices as to be affordable to a very poor consumer market. It would be successful if only we could get Americans to stop eating the stuff on a large scale.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

this is a good thing. i for one need to lose a little weight.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    Hershey's is... The Late American Chocolate Bar. R.I.P.

WE ARE NOT A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS !

This is something more people need to realize . Humoring has not worked because it is a half lie and only the truth can set us free .

Don't forget Hershey Park, the amusement park where their products are sold.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Hey All,

I am thinking about sending this to Jack Cafferty for the Cafferty File.
    Let me know what you think before I send it off.

Dear Jack,
    I am outraged over the recent news that Hershey executives are closing plants in the US moving to Mexico, laying off over a thousand people essentially telling American workers they can take their jobs and shove it.

I decide to let them know I wasn't happy by removing all Hershey candy from my child's Halloween Trick or Treat bag. I proceeded to box up the candy and send it back to Hershey with a nice little note as to why they can take their candy and shove it.

The only way these profit mongering executive sugar daddy's are going to get the message that American family's are worth more than greed is to hit them where it hurts, right in the sweet tooth. I will be replacing the Hershey candy with healthy American made snacks. I guess Hershey decided to Trick the American worker and Treat the country of Mexico.
    Best regards

[/quote]

They closed a plant in Naugatuck, Connecticut, moved or canned American workers, while at the same time announcing they are building the new plant in Mexico:
    -------
    Sunday, October 28, 2007 2:21 AM EDT

Peter Paul workers in Naugatuck to get federal assistance

BY EMILY BEAVER REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN

NAUGATUCK -- Local Peter Paul Hershey employees may receive job retraining and unemployment benefits from the federal government after the Peter Paul facility on New Haven Road closes next month.

The Hershey Co. notified local officials Friday that the company had received preliminary notification that its petition to receive benefits for Naugatuck employees under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Act was certified by the U.S. Department of Labor.

Rick Russell, director of state and local government relations for Hershey, wrote in an e-mail Friday that "TAA approval, and the accompanying TAA approval for employees over the age of 50, provides for federally funded retraining and unemployment benefits to all Naugatuck employees affected by the plant closure."

Russell wrote that the notification was "preliminary until finalized — a process we anticipate will take place early next week."

The Trade Adjustment Assistance Act helps workers who have lost their jobs because of increased imports or shifts in production outside of the United States, according to the Department of Labor's Web site.

In February, Hershey announced that it would cut 1,500 jobs across the country and a third of its production line over the next three years as part of a "supply chain realignment plan." The company also announced it would build a new plant in Mexico.

Production of Mounds and Almond Joy candy bars will move from Naugatuck to Stuarts Draft, Va. The Naugatuck plant, which employs 220 people, will close Nov. 16.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2007/10/ ... 293748.txt
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast