Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hillary's "National Conversation" English Please

This was sent in to Hillary's website:

Dear Madam Senator,

You speak of "our exciting national conversation," and you proclaim, "Let the Conversation Begin." How can we have a national conversation unless we speak the same language, that being English?

When DNC Chairman Howard Dean was asked on MSNBC about the National Anthem being sung in Spanish, his immediate and unhesitant reply was that in Canada, the national anthem is sung in two languages. His response implies that he has no problem with the United States becoming a bilingual country. Do you support his response?

Is it not rude to immigrate to another country because one's home country is a corrupt failure, and then refuse to learn the language of one's new country. Why do we have to learn "kitchen Spanish"? Why don't they learn "kitchen English"?

Most Sincerely,

xxx
    "We have a sacred, noble obligation in this country to defend the rule
    of law. Without rule of law, without democracy, without rule of law being
    applied without fear or favor, there is no freedom."

Senator Chuck Schumer 6/11/2007
    <s

good letter. i hate the term "kitchen spanish" that is just admitting that restaurants are corrupt and screwing american workers.

dragons5,

I know people that are complaining to managers, when people hear the employees speaking in Spanish. They are telling the managers that it is rude to the customers, to carry on a coversation, which a customers can not understand. How does the customer know that they are not mocking them or planning to do something dishonest or worse, right under their nose. I suggest getting your food first and never returning.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a co-worker who would speak Spanish everytime someone came to the cubicle we share. I asked her to please speak English in my presents as I found it rude. I tried to explain that it was like whispering etc. I gave it my best shot to make her understand where I was coming from.
    I finally complain to Human Resources saying I was being made to feel uncomfortable in my work space and it was creating a hostile enviroment.
    She was told to Speak English while communicating in the workplace! One small victory for this American.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    I have a co-worker who would speak Spanish everytime someone came to the cubicle we share. I asked her to please speak English in my presents as I found it rude. I tried to explain that it was like whispering etc. I gave it my best shot to make her understand where I was coming from.
    I finally complain to Human Resources saying I was being made to feel uncomfortable in my work space and it was creating a hostile enviroment.
    She was told to Speak English while communicating in the workplace! One small victory for this American.
    Good stuff Cliff.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Cliffdid, good for you!! Americans have to start standing up for themselves. These people think they can get away with this type of rude behavior because they think we are too intimidated to say anything about it! You were wise to cite the "hostile work environment" angle. It is the truth; it is just plain rude and obnoxious to carry on a conversation in a foreign language in the presence of those who do not comprehend it, especially in a place of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    Where I used to work the same circumstances occured. The Hispanics would just tell you to drop dead and they could speak any language they wanted too. When brought to the attention of management they put out a memo of English being the only acceptable language while on duty, breaks and lunches were the only exception. Some Hispanics just tore the memo down from the bulletin board and continued on speaking in Spanish whenever they felt like it. Management took no further action and didn't enforce the memo.

If it is a private company, I think the management can enforce an English language policy. If it is government office, or a private co. with a significant amount of government contracts, then I think that under current law, they cannot.

<s

If they did try to inforce it, They would be called Racist and be sued by Hundreds of people (Probably illegals too) with all the rights they have. I think I am going to start saying something too when I hear it in public. I will nicely say You no it is rude for you to do that, if they get rude then I will get rude but I want other people around to hear me also so I will speak in a stronger & Louder voice. If everyone starts doing it at least it would get on the news, I am willing to die for My Country , I know where I am going when I do
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

PatrioticSanta, a private company could probably make a good argument that having some people speak Spanish in the workplace was divisive and bad for morale, and that the owner of a private company has the right to control the conditions of work within that company.

If the Hispanics who do not understand that the reason they came here from their failed nations is that we have a British-American civilization based upon the English language sue the company, pretty much the only thing to do then is for the company to approach Judicial Watch, the Washington Law Foundation, or wealthy private donors and ask for help to pay legal expenses. Once a few of these cases are won by private companies that want only English spoken in their workplace, then anybody who files them would be filing a frivolous lawsuit and be subject to having to pay court costs of their intended target and even more severe penalties if warranted.

<s