Thread: Hire Patriots

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hire Patriots

Y'all I just found out about a website today where you can hire military folk for day jobs or permanent positions. It's
    http://www.hiremarines.com

What a great alternative for the people who need help moving or with their lawn or whatever! I read about it in a Letter to the Editor/Testimonial in the local paper--see below. Tell your friends. Post it wherever. Put it on a sign by day laborer pickup sites!!!

Earlier this month we were introduced to a terrific Web site: hiremarines.com.

What is this? We soon found out. If you have an odd job that needs attention, you do not have to go out and take the risk of hiring an illegal alien. We definitely had such a job! We needed to have the tile stripped from one of our upper decks. The thought of hiring an illegal worker and having to go get him and transport him to our home was not appealing This Web site sounded like the perfect answer. Marines who are off duty and/or their spouses often need extra work to make ends meet. We decided to give it a try.

We posted our job on the hiremarines.com Web site and, within just a few hours, we had several replies. We selected one and told the Marine to be at our home at 8 a.m. Saturday, and he was there, right on the dot. Our doorbell rang at precisely 8 a.m. We had predicted that the job would take about six hours, but we told our worker that if he finished early we would pay for the whole six hours.

We had posted on our job listing that we would pay $15 per hour. He finished the job in under four hours. And he did a superb job. He was also extremely polite.

So, if you have an odd job, don't go pick up an illegal, hire a Marine.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Last week, our Construction firm hired a kid who just got back from iraq, we desided to take him on as an apprentice carpenter. We do not hire Illegal Aliens! Thanks for the link Concernedmother
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Glad I could be of use, Reciprocity. Perhaps you'll find other helpers on the site when you need them. As for me, I'd rather see some current or former service members get some work than illegals anyday.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>