Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic/latino discrimination against caucsasians: my story

Approximately 8 years ago I was caught riding my motorcycle without insurance (I had just fixed it and was testing it) in Long Beach, CA. So I was cited. Driving w/o insurance requires a court appearance so I showed up.

Fortunately, I was among the LAST people called. The hispanic/latino traffic commissioner gave the following sentence to ANYONE with a hispanic surname: "bring in proof of insurance". When I was called up I was the ONLY one given a different sentence: "$1300 fine, bring in proof of insurance." I was so shocked I didn't say anything. There must've been 20 to 30 people w/hispanic surnames called before me.

EDIT below
    I should say that the $1300 fine is the proscribed (or is it prescribed fine) for
    the offense I committed. I'm NOT complaining about the fact I was fined for my offense, but the fact that no one w/a hispanic surname was fined at all.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Yep. Skyrocketing insurance premiums.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Re: Hispanic/latino discrimination against caucsasians: my s

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Approximately 8 years ago I was caught riding my motorcycle without insurance (I had just fixed it and was testing it) in Long Beach, CA. So I was cited. Driving w/o insurance requires a court appearance so I showed up.

Fortunately, I was among the LAST people called. The hispanic/latino traffic commissioner gave the following sentence to ANYONE with a hispanic surname: "bring in proof of insurance". When I was called up I was the ONLY one given a different sentence: "$1300 fine, bring in proof of insurance." I was so shocked I didn't say anything. There must've been 20 to 30 people w/hispanic surnames called before me.
    Noooooo!!!!!! Oh my God! I'm not sure I could have held my tongue, Sam. What a crock that is!!

Are you going to fight it? I'd get an attorney and explain what happened and expose that racist judge!!!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Sam,

I would have called for a judicial review. You may still be able to report the judge. Are they still on the bench?

I'm so sorry you experienced that. I've had a bad experience in traffic court too and it cost me. At least for me, the judge was removed by the city council a few months after my case. No where does that compare to being discriminated against. I'm sorry.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Hispanic/latino discrimination against caucsasians: my s

He wasn't a judge AG. Back then I didn't know what I could do. At this point I don't even remember the Traffic Commissioner's name.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl

Noooooo!!!!!! Oh my God! I'm not sure I could have held my tongue, Sam. What a crock that is!!

Are you going to fight it? I'd get an attorney and explain what happened and expose that racist judge!!!

Sam, I am so sorry to hear this had happened to you. THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING IN AMERICA!! Just based on your last name....UGGGHHHH you just got my blood boiling!!
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

Traffic Commissioners aren't judges. They are appointed officials not elected. I've learned since then that it's possible to have a traffic case heard by a judge in California if you refuse to stipulate to a traffic commissioner and request your case be heard by a judge.

I should've done something about it then, but it's too late now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Sam,

I would have called for a judicial review. You may still be able to report the judge. Are they still on the bench?

I'm so sorry you experienced that. I've had a bad experience in traffic court too and it cost me. At least for me, the judge was removed by the city council a few months after my case. No where does that compare to being discriminated against. I'm sorry.

Dixie

Sam, please accept my apology for nitpicking: but to my knowledge "caucasians" are inhabitants of Caucasus mountain range, generally Chechens, Dagestanis and Osetians (+ quite a few other nations/tribes). Ethnically they are a wild mix of mongolian, turkish and white ancestors.

I think that an immense part of our troubles is due to the fact that the PC (or OBL lobby if you wish) won the battle for the language. And if you govern the language you govern the society.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugundum
    Sam, please accept my apology for nitpicking: but to my knowledge "caucasians" are inhabitants of Caucasus mountain range, generally Chechens, Dagestanis and Osetians (+ quite a few other nations/tribes). Ethnically they are a wild mix of mongolian, turkish and white ancestors.

I think that an immense part of our troubles is due to the fact that the PC (or OBL lobby if you wish) won the battle for the language. And if you govern the language you govern the society.
    Is caucasian not an accepted term any more?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Blimey nntrixie, sorry for my rant! I only wanted to say that it makes no sense to describe 66% of US citizens with European roots as "caucasians". I guess that this term has been invented at some very hard left university as the tool for social engineering. That's all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast