Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Hispanic Reader Worries about rise of Hispanic Supremacy

Today’s Letter: An Hispanic Reader Worries That We're Seeing The Dawn Of Hispanic Supremacy

I have been out of the workforce since the birth of my daughter and contemplating returning to it on a part-time basis, so when I saw that our local credit union was hiring, I decided to put in an application.

The online application process was pretty standard. Although I found it vexing that the application for a job at an American service institution could also be completed in Spanish, everything nowadays is bilingually available so, I didn’t give it a second thought—until I came to the affirmative action section. Before I left the workforce I worked for 12 years so I have filled out my share of affirmative action forms; this time what struck me as very odd was that instead of being asked to check my race/ethnicity, the first question asked was "Are you Hispanic?" If the answer was "no" then I was to check the corresponding (non Hispanic) race.

Is this the beginning of Hispanic supremacy? Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Hispanics (I am one myself) but seeing this blatant preference for Hispanics over every other American is extremely disturbing. So much for the melting pot!

The message to Hispanics is clear: "don’t assimilate"—"stay segregated"—"it’s to your benefit NOT to acculturate with the mainstream."

And why should they? Polarization and victimization have so far worked wonders to intimidate, guilt out and silence Americans who would otherwise express the majority opinion that this Third World colonization of our country is very bad.

One more thing: it seems to me the first question asked by employers should be "Are you an American citizen?" [VDARE.com note: At the moment, it is illegal to ask this.]

This way Americans could (as they should if they are qualified) get first dibs on any and all jobs available. But I suppose it would be too prejudiced and xenophobic to propose such a notion.

Mueller, who came to the U.S. in the mid-1970s, lives in the Tucson area where she is "raising two children to be Americans in an English-only household." Her previous letter is here.

http://www.vdare.com/letters/tl_040907.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I want to thank this woman from the bottom of my American heart. Everything she has said is insightful, truthful and clarifies it all, from the Hispanic standpoint.

Please tell me she is planning to stand with other Americans to stop this insanity and injustice to the American people.

I am proud to call this woman an American and Patriot, and my fellow citizen. She is the epitome of what Americans admire in true immigrants.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's discrimination, pure and simple. It's bad enough that employers are hiring only bilingual applicants, but to come right out and ask "are you Hispanic?" is pretty nervy.

She's exactly right in my book. America's waking up to this hypocracy and hopefully we can put an end to it. English the official language across America and and end to bilingual education.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    She's exactly right in my book. America's waking up to this hypocracy and hopefully we can put an end to it. English the official language across America and and end to bilingual education.
    maybe some good will come of this, but we are going to have to fight.