Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    It was a mis-spelling. It should have read 'pidgin'.

pidg-in(pij'-en) n. 1. an auxiliary language that has developed from the needof speakers of two different languages to communicate and is primarily a simplified form of one of the languages, with a reduced vocabulary and grammatical structure.

Nothing there to be insulted over, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by texanborn
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    texanborn,

Lighten up a little. You should hear some of the stuff said in Jawja. (Georgia)

How many times have you split a gut listening to Jeff Foxworthy?

Have a Coke and a smile
    I have heard Georgis accents and don't put you down for if ...calling a Texan a pigeon is the same as (MOD EDIT: See the rules) And a Texas accent is alot like Jeff Foxworthy.
    Was all of this necessary?

I happen to like the Texas drawl. Bush doesn't sound country... just
    unintelligent ALL the time!
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I will admit I don't listen to the President much - haven't for a very long time.

He is not proficient in English - he is not proficient in Texan - and unless he has improved 500% - his Spanish is a joke.

When he was running the first time, his Spanish was terrible - I am sure he has been working on it day and night - just to keep his friends happy, but somehow I doubt it.

If you can't think in your own native tongue - you aren't going to be able to think in a foreign language
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    It was a mis-spelling. It should have read 'pidgin'.

pidg-in(pij'-en) n. 1. an auxiliary language that has developed from the needof speakers of two different languages to communicate and is primarily a simplified form of one of the languages, with a reduced vocabulary and grammatical structure.

Nothing there to be insulted over, brother.
    Thanks for the correction pinestraw. I was just enjoying the idea that a Texan really believed he was being called a pigeon. Very funny.

You pidgin is exactly correct.

This Texan didn't think you were calling me a pigeon - I did fully understand it was an insult.

I also realized you had misspelled the word - I am not big on correcting that since sometimes it is hard for me to get my fingers, my keyboard and my brain to get together.

I insult is an insult whether misspelled or not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Since folks are getting upset, and no amount of mediation seems to be working, I've decided to lock this thread.

Y'all really should lighten up a little.

SaveAmerica: Do not insult people from other states and if someone takes something you did not mean as an insult then apologize immediately and explain. Our second largest contributor base is in Texas and we work hard to build unity here and treat everyone with respect.

TexanBorn: I have edited your post. Please review our rules. Some terms should NEVER be used on our boards regardless of use or intentions.

The RULES OF ALIPAC were created and put in place by the users of this board. They are there for many reasons. If everyone sticks to these rules then we won't have problems like this and we will not have to lecture or lock threads.

Let's keep it clean folks. We have a hell of a fight on our hands and the last thing we need is people on our side butting heads and breaking rules.

W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12