Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HISPANICS GROUPS ARE STARTING TO SAY: EXECUTIVE POWER

I translated this the best I could (in a hurry).

Salvadorian Ambassador announces alternative immigration strategies to the reform.

Washington, June 29 – The Ambassador to El Salvador in the U.S., Rene Leon, announced today that his government has initiated contacts with some members of congress to negotiate a possible immigration strategy that would benefit the population of Salvadorian origin.

The announcement occurred one day after the immigration reform project was definitely canceled after not being able to obtain the 60 necessary votes to limit debate and proceed to a definite vote.

“We have wasted a great opportunity, but we will not give up; in the next few months we will try to set in place a immigration stratety that will give a path to citizenship to the Salvadorian undocumentedâ€

El Salvador has had 10 years to get their country under control. I think it's time to send their 240,000 countrymen back home.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why is a Foreign Nation being allowed to influence our internal policies and laws?
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

This shows why we must keep the pressure on, keep calling etc., switch from defense to offense, to move the debate to where it should be -- on border security and interior enforcement!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've been worried about an Executive order from Bush. He's just desperate enough to try it. Say Hello to the next American Revolution, Jorge!

Yep ... we really need to secure our borders and enforce our laws.

I wonder who we can expect to actually do that?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think the Foreign Agents Registration Act needs to be examined to see if it applies to much of the lobbying of congress that is being conducted by various groups. Of course bona fide US citizens have a right to lobby, and governmental diplomatic missions have exemptions. There are laws which do apply to foreigners acting on behalf of foreign principals, if it can be proven. These are found in the US Code Title 22, Chapter 11. This is an area of fine distinctions because US objective is to remain on friendly terms with all governments and allow for them to submit their interests to our Congress for consideration.
    (This is a big file. Be patient
    http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/uscmain.html

I don't know if this topic has already been discussed. It certainly would take an adept legal mind to analyze it.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by ICEChargerRT
    Why is a Foreign Nation being allowed to influence our internal policies and laws?
    It's common knowledge that Bush works for everyone except the American people, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEChargerRT
    Yeah that's my question too and this isn't the only one, India is also pushing for H1-B visas.

Quote Originally Posted by reform_now
    I've been worried about an Executive order from Bush. He's just desperate enough to try it.
    This thought crossed my mind as well. Frightening, but very possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast