Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hmmmm.....why so many pro-illegals voting for blocking the trucks?

Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it just seems that they would be all for the Mexican trucks rolling
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hoffa Praises Senate For Blocking Mexican Truck Program

Something seems fishy here, folks. All Democrats, including pro-open borders Kennedy, Boxer, Durbin and Obama (among others), supported this bill while normally strong border control Republicans DeMint, Grassley and Vitter opposed it. Only independent "Democrat" Liebermann voted with the above Republicans and 19 others.

So we have both amnesty and law enforcer Republicans in both the YEA and NAY column. What gives? Any thoughts on why the split vote? I certainly can't imagine any reason why any Republican would oppose the Dorgan Amendment.

This vote is good news for me as well as all the ALIPAC troops but this divided vote is confusing me.

www.stoptheaclu.org

AND ARE WE SURE THIS VOTING LIST IS ACCURATE? OR MAYBE TEAMSTERS PAID OFF SOME OF THEM. BUT THEN I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE NAYS.....TRUCKING COMPANIES PAYING THEM OFF?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very strange that mainly republicans voted not to block. What's up with that? Can't believe my California girls did the right thing this time.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerurp
    Very strange that mainly republicans voted not to block. What's up with that? Can't believe my California girls did the right thing this time.
    Wow, I didn't even realise our Senators voted that way until you said that......and when I checked, yup it seems the Dems had it right this time, and the Reps were on the wrong side.

What's up with that?

Well, it is essentially this: Both parties are globalists looking to destroy us by their own methods. Dems are immigration globalists. Reps are trade globalists -- and this is essentially a trade issue. It was tied to NAFTA -- rewind to '93 and check out the vote tally for NAFTA. I can assure you that the Dems, for the most part, voted our way on that one too, and 99% of the Reps voted yes. Not trying to defend the Dems, just stating a reason why I think there is not much difference between the 2 parties. They just prefer different angles of globalism.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

here in Colorado the democrats are funded in large part by the unions. I dont have a crystal ball but I would definitely put a bet in Vegas that is the real reason Salazar voted for it.

Other than opposition to illegals Allard is Bush's boy.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

I think that the "union" angle of this may have dictated the voting. Unions have always had a strong influence on votes. When the unions speak, polititions listen. There are large voting pools in unions.But at any rate, this does throw a flag at me. There may be a rat in the mix somewhere on this..Johnny

May very well be that the Dems are confident they will win the next election therefore they do not want any dirty (nuke) bombs going off while they're in office. Instead they will set up the next administration as Clinton did with 911.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Quote Originally Posted by gingerurp
    California girls? I call 'em hags.

When election time rolls around they'll get slammed for amnesty so they want to able to answer their critics w/something positive. Or maybe Mexican trucks are a moot point if they finally get amnesty passed.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Yes, unions definitely do have a lot of clout in American politics. And that is why this proposal is going down at least for now. But the fact that the Teamsters are trying to prevent Mexicans and their trucks from entering the US doesn't change the fact that the overall trend among union leadership (I'm not so sure about the rank and file) has been to advocate for "immigrant workers rights."

Go figure. Ah, but there is a simple explanantion, methinks. High ranking union officials are enjoying salaries in the $200k to $400k range plus a lot of perks. And the more dues paying members you get the more secure those salaries are. And there are a lot of well paid lieutenants, too. A lot of unions are going to keep putting the heat on Congress for "immigration reform." At least until their true reputation gets out to the public.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast