Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I have no sympathy for these farmers. They have lots of other options, three of them are:

1. Use the H2A program

2. Mechanize

3. Move to Mexico

I don't care which they chose, just stop complaining about your loss of neo-slave labor, subsidized by us!!
    Plus there subsidizes they get too for just having a farm!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    They are going to use the H2A. All these illegals are suddenly going to become legal with the H2A. We, as in America and Americans, are going to be worse off than we were before. Right now, at least, we do have the hope and the remote possibility of deportation. Once they rubberstamp the visas for all these illegals - they are here for the duration.
    Not really, the H2A is truly temporary, they cannot work more than 1 year at a time. Plus only the worker can come, no family members. If the illegals went back to Mexico and signed up as currently required for the H2A visa, I don't have any problem with that.

Because this will cause wages to go up, not all the illegals will be hired back as H2A workers. Some Americans will be hired instead, some workers will be replaced by machines.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lou Dobbs said today that amnesty is not dead. Chertoff spouted his mouth off at the border enforcement meeting saying that he will enforce the laws, but says we still need a guest worker program. Lou said, open borders lobbyists have been screaming at Congress to get this moving again, so I don't think we're in the clear just yet. We need to come up with a plan to halt this stuff in its tracks, and fast, or we're going to be looking at another amnesty bill to fight.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    They are going to use the H2A. All these illegals are suddenly going to become legal with the H2A. We, as in America and Americans, are going to be worse off than we were before. Right now, at least, we do have the hope and the remote possibility of deportation. Once they rubberstamp the visas for all these illegals - they are here for the duration.
    Not really, the H2A is truly temporary, they cannot work more than 1 year at a time. Plus only the worker can come, no family members. If the illegals went back to Mexico and signed up as currently required for the H2A visa, I don't have any problem with that.

Because this will cause wages to go up, not all the illegals will be hired back as H2A workers. Some Americans will be hired instead, some workers will be replaced by machines.
    OK, understand - in our country illegals can't be here, they can't work, they can't drive, they can't get freebies - but they are.

The same thing will happen with the temp workers. We have enough trouble getting them to do anything about blatant public disregard of the illegal law - so they know we are not going around the country checking to see if Tyson's worker #223 went home after a year.

So we can expect them to send these people's families home and not them. It just isn't going to happen, people, it isn't.

Also, I don't know if there is a time limit on the NAFTA workers or not.

They are going to make the illegals 'legal' - and they will do it in that 90 day period. They, their and their families will remain here, doing just like they are doing now - but we will not have their illegality to try to force some changes.

We all know how things 'oughta be' - be we also have to be on guard and honest with ourselves.

I agree w/you 100% -- especially if we add anchor babies (who are US citizens) into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Everything seems to be happening so fast in this country, the more I read the more depressing it gets, I'm telling you there is not 12 million illegals in this country, I will bet there is at least 50 million, this has affected every town across America, they have given our country away. Where are all the Americans? How can they be so passive? Why are they not speaking up? These can not be Americans whose families have been here for century's, that fought for this country!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12