Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A homeless father walks on foot to Washington D.C.

One man walks alone:

http://deadbrokedad-weaver.blogspot.com/

A homeless father walks on foot to Washington D.C. to protest the destruction of his job at the hands of temporary foreign laborers. Read the daily updates on his blog and learn more about what is driving unemployment and the destruction of our American way of life!

DeadBroke Dad
    http://deadbrokedad-weaver.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, September 29, 2009
    March on Washington DC
    That's it, I've had it -- now homeless -- a burden to my family -- I'm going to Washington D.C.

Give us your tired, your poor, bla bla -- well here I come.

I'm walking, hitching whatever -- I've studied the economic problem -- and I want my voice heard.

In a nutshell...

America has stopped creating jobs this decade, 2 million fewer than in the 1950's. The problem is that population didn't grow by 26 million in
    the 1950's. Adding this many workers lowers wages and increases housing costs. We are being economically expelled from our own country.

The TARP program is allowing banks to put off the re-introduction on foreclosed housing on the market, artificially keeping home and rental prices higher than they would otherwise be. The lack of "price discovery" is keeping investors on the sidelines.

Into a second recession (The Great Recession) without employment, I still can't find a decent job.

My problem started with a very generous child-support adjustment. The County of Los Angeles saw fit to tear up my 50/50 custody and to increase my child-support 50% of my pre-tax income to $1560.00 per month. Additionally, This money is taxable and the 10% interest payments for being late come back as interest paid to myself -- also taxable.

All of my attempts to reduce my tax burden -- asking for just one dependent (of three) were thwarted by the court and the ex-wife. One Judge pro-tem actually admonished me for even asking. Attempts to adjust downward were looked at with suspicion and rejected off-hand, the loss of driver's license and bad-credit from falling behind followed and affect the ability to gain employment.

Worst of all, the kids, now grown think I wasn't trying hard enough.

As a computer consultant, employment is six months at a time, sometimes renewed, but other times the funding has been expended. Searching for employment for several months puts a very big strain on the entire family.

It's not that I didn't want to pay, under the lower agreement I was able to give $1500.00 extra at Christmas and take the kids on shopping outings for clothes and movies.

Anyway, my brother wants me out of his house and I am going Washington D.C. or Bust.

I'll update this blog when I can.

P.S. Starting from San Marcos, California.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Related Post:
    Economic Immigration AKA The Prisoner's Dilemma
    http://immigration-weaver.blogspot.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Another sad sorry, I am sure there are thousands more.

ELE

The American people must help one another.

This is so tragic too bad our dirty gov't could care less.

This is so pathetic and happening all over this country, but Calif. is the worst, I know a man who owed back child support in calif. from when he was out of work in 1980 and 81 for over a year and a half he owed $23,000....she came back 30 years later to collect and it had almost $90,000 interest on it and the court gave it too her, in Cal. no matter the circumstances the support is always owed until paid in full and the Interest along with it just keeps adding up....no matter what, no excuses, even if she forgave the back support.

Nice retirement for someone who wants to let it go and come back at you years latter....take this as a warning in Calif. never let the back support go unpaid for too long.

What a shame DC is plain not listening to the American people they just don't give a damn.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Re: The American people must help one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    This is so tragic too bad our dirty gov't could care less.
    Our government cares about "La Raza" but spits on the face of ordinary Americans...

North Carolina, I think the custodial parent can collect up to ten years on unpaid child support. Each state is different. But a child's hot dog is as expensive as a adult hot dog. So to simply feed a child it cost about $10.00 a day.

So parents this is common sense that should be taught in High School.

Everyone should afford their children and spend time with their children unless there are abuse problems.

But all to often I have heard money issue when I am doing a man or woman's taxes.

I often apply the simple psychology of early cave man and man/woman attitude that I studied in college.

Woman basically wants someone to be good to them and provide even security. If cave man is not good to her at about the fourth years she will see the necessity to leave the relationship. But still wants to be friends.

Man will settle on some woman until the next better woman comes along. Then this cave man will hate the woman he is in a relationship with. And will want this relationship ended.

Both Man and Woman have many complex issues.

So relate the past to the present in a court room with the woman and man above and what a mess society has.

The government doesn't care but I think society does care about the man, woman, and children. I know I care too much.

I truly don't know how children make it at all.

Yes you are right, the children are the ones who always suffer....

But a divorce has to be fair to everyone in order for peace in the family to remain, other wise it causes bitterness, making it ok for one person to be homeless so as another can have more or live beyond their means is not right.

This man is out of work, we all know how hard it is for some people to get a job right now...he should pay his back child support but the interest is out rages and an unnessaary punishment for circumstances you can not control.

Everyone should pay for their children see them and be a part of their life, but common sense needs to prevail (something our country and courts very seems short on)

We need fairness on both sides and circumstances need to be taken into consideration.

This is where our government is headed with health Insurance they are going to put fines, penaltys and 1 year jail time in the bill for not having Insurance....they are not going to care about your circumstances, if you can not afford it because you are out of work etc. you will be a criminal plain and simple, you will end up owing them for years and will not be able to get out from under the debt.

Just look around and see what people go through with the IRS, child support or any other thing the state or feds run....you end up being the criminal. Unless you are illegal then the guy above would not of cared they took his drivers license he would have drove across DC anyway. Of course he would have went to jail and the illegal would not due to racial profiling and the fact they are above the law
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Exactly..... What a world we have builit in The United States.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast