Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Adrienne Shelly

STAR'S SUICIDE WAS KILLER COVER-UP WORKER ADMITS SLAY: COPS
    By LARRY CELONA, MURRAY WEISS and DAN MANGAN
    SHOCK: Cops say Adrienne Shelly, initially thought to have killed herself, was slain by laborer Diego Pillco, who allegedly struck the actress and hanged her to make it look like a suicide.
    November 7, 2006 -- In a stunning turnaround, a construction worker yesterday confessed to killing indie actress Adrienne Shelly, whose death in a Greenwich Village apartment last week was first thought to be suicide, cops said.

"I was having a bad day," illegal immigrant Diego Pillco, 19, allegedly told cops. "I didn't mean to kill her. But I did kill her."

Pillco told detectives that he punched Shelly, 40, last Wednesday afternoon outside the Abingdon Square apartment she was using as an office after she yelled at him about the noise he was making while working in a vacant apartment below.

Pillco, who is from Ecuador and speaks only Spanish, also claimed that Shelly slapped him first.

After seeing she was unconscious and believing she was dead, Pillco claimed, he dragged Shelly into her apartment, wrapped a bed sheet around her neck and attached it to a shower rod in the bathroom to make it appear she had hanged herself, sources said. The medical examiner has not yet released autopsy results.

Shelly's marketing-exec husband, Andrew Ostroy, found her body just before 6 that evening.

Pillco was nabbed early yesterday at his Brooklyn apartment after detectives matched several Reebok sneaker prints from the toilet seat in Shelly's bathroom to a print they found in the apartment downstairs.

Pillco's boss told detectives the laborer had been wearing sneakers while working.

Reebok Allen Iverson-model sneakers found at Pillco's home matched the prints, sources said.

The suspect's stunned boss, contractor Louis Hernandez, called his employee "a good kid."

"I don't know what happened. I don't think he did it," he said.

But investigators said Pillco was sly enough to try to mask his deadly deed.

"He tried to cover his tracks, but he ended up leaving his tracks," one police source said of Pillco, who entered the United States from Ecuador on July 7, and who now is charged with second-degree murder. "It was the tenacity of the investigators that led to an arrest. It had all the appearances of a suicide, but they didn't give up."

Shelly's family and friends had insisted all along that the loving wife and mother had no reason to kill herself.

"The entire family knew this was a murder from the outset," one relative said yesterday.

Shelly's family had been so convinced that they had hired renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden, who performed a second autopsy on her Saturday at a funeral home, under the watch of two detectives.

After yesterday's development, Ostroy said in a statement: "We are incredibly grateful to the New York City Police Department for their dedication, professionalism and tenacity in following up on every lead in this case. We hope everyone will respect that this is a difficult and private time for our families."

Ostroy and Shelly, a TriBeCa resident who first gained notice for her performances in two classic independent films - "The Unbelievable Truth" and "Trust" - have a 3-year-old daughter, Sophie.

Earlier this year, Shelly, a Long Island native, appeared in the film "Factotum" with Matt Dillon, and at the time of her death was on the verge of releasing a movie called "Waitress," which she directed and wrote.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11072006/ne ... mangan.htm
    larry.celona@nypost.com

That was so sad, I remember when I read about it!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    April,

Adrienne Shelly. That's the one. More blood on the hands of George Bush. One more senseless death that need not have happened if he gave a damn about protecting the citizens of this country.

Thanks

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    April,

Adrienne Shelly. That's the one. More blood on the hands of George Bush. One more senseless death that need not have happened if he gave a damn about protecting the citizens of this country.

Thanks

Oliver
    MORE BLOOD ON THE HANDS OF CONGRESS!!

As everyone can now see first hand........CONGRESS holds the keys.
    They could stop the administration & any other administration in it's tracks if they chose to do so.

CONGRESS needs to feel the rath of the American citizens.

Then bush & cabal will be fighting upstream.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    2ndamendsis wrote:
    CONGRESS needs to feel the rath of the American citizens.
    I was really upset last evening when I heard a conservative talk show host, might have been Doyle, saying Congress doesn't listen to the American people. I was driving or I would have tried to call and say that is BS and stop saying it!!!!

We can and will make a difference if every last one of us commits to phone calls, emails, and faxes!

We can't get corporate America to fly us into Washington or be there because we get paid to lobby by Mexico. It's our only way to be heard and I'm sure it's more effective because we have numbers!

April
    April,

Thanks

Oliver
    You're welcome. This is one of many senseless deaths! Lets stay angry and stay on the government, we can make a BIG difference! This has TO STOP!

To Kate and those of you posting the pictures and stories about those who have been MURDERED by ILLEGAL ALIENS, THANK YOU!
    I have been copying them and sending them to everyone in my email addy book.

We need to copy them all, put up a site, and put PICTURES of those murdered and their FAMILIES and LOVED ONES so that when anyone goes to read, they can see the faces, see that these MURDERED AMERICANS were actually NOT just a statistic.

I am so angered over the "rights of the illegals" OVER the rights of the American Citizen that I want to slap all of congress and the senators and the ahem President (was gonna say another word here but remembered that there are kids that do come here so I refrained).

We need to send these stories and pictures over and over and over again until THEY SEE THAT THE SITUATION is appauling!!!!!

vix

Banned
    vixfromPahrump wrote:
    We need to copy them all, put up a site, and put PICTURES of those murdered and their FAMILIES and LOVED ONES so that when anyone goes to read, they can see the faces, see that these MURDERED AMERICANS were actually NOT just a statistic.
    I agree!

Banned
    Kate,

Can you do another post of the African-American cop--that tore me up, too...

Oliver

Banned
    I can't help wondering how President Reagan would feel about what is going on in his beloved country today.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast