Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hospitals

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hospitals

Ok, so I'm at my new orientation to work in a new hospital. The HR woman was up there giving out info on their corporate vision, etc. She goes on about how they admit ANYONE regardless of race, creed, sex. orientation, national origin or their ABILITY TO PAY.

It's a not for profit hospital (with loads of illegals in the ER every day and all over the hospital), and they say they are in good financial condition. But HOW LONG can they go on treating people who cannot pay their bills? She touted this as if it was something to be PROUD of. I wanted to shout out, well, exactly WHO is paying for their care???

Taxpayers, of course. But we don't talk about that. I wanted to scream and run out of the room!!

I don't get how healthcare workers in general can be putting up with this crisis day after day. We are beaten over the head with having to provide "culturally competent" care, and also have to learn how to work language phone lines and cater to their every need. It's a freaking BABEL as far as getting info through to all these different ethnic groups.

Why can't we just all speak ONE language?? I can't even imagine this area in a national disaster.

I, for one, would be in favor of starting up a group of healthcare workers against providing care to illegal aliens someday. It's wrong. Billions being spent on healthcare for citizens of other countries . ..are we just supposed to take care of the world here?? I'm all for them coming from other countries if they have needs that can't be met in their countries, provided of course, they are paying for their care. But we can't be the FREEBIE to everyone. It's got to stop. And it's one more pressure on a nursing force that is already stretched to the brink.

Whew. Thanks -- now I can at least face it another day.

Re: Hospitals

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    Ok, so I'm at my new orientation to work in a new hospital. The HR woman was up there giving out info on their corporate vision, etc. She goes on about how they admit ANYONE regardless of race, creed, sex. orientation, national origin or their ABILITY TO PAY.

It's a not for profit hospital (with loads of illegals in the ER every day and all over the hospital), and they say they are in good financial condition. But HOW LONG can they go on treating people who cannot pay their bills? She touted this as if it was something to be PROUD of. I wanted to shout out, well, exactly WHO is paying for their care???

Taxpayers, of course. But we don't talk about that. I wanted to scream and run out of the room!!

I don't get how healthcare workers in general can be putting up with this crisis day after day. We are beaten over the head with having to provide "culturally competent" care, and also have to learn how to work language phone lines and cater to their every need. It's a freaking BABEL as far as getting info through to all these different ethnic groups.

Why can't we just all speak ONE language?? I can't even imagine this area in a national disaster.

I, for one, would be in favor of starting up a group of healthcare workers against providing care to illegal aliens someday. It's wrong. Billions being spent on healthcare for citizens of other countries . ..are we just supposed to take care of the world here?? I'm all for them coming from other countries if they have needs that can't be met in their countries, provided of course, they are paying for their care. But we can't be the FREEBIE to everyone. It's got to stop. And it's one more pressure on a nursing force that is already stretched to the brink.

I agree, and do not understand why this is happening in our country. Its seems that the American citizen will be a thing of the past. We do not count for anything in this country and are made to accept this daily. Our politicians want votes from these people (at our expense) and do not care how it is hurting our country and the people that support them. I know the only way is to vote them out, but really...will that even help? We are at the mercy of our government, the illegals, the muslems..they want us to change to be like them and our government is letting this happen. Its a very sad situation here, and we are the ones that will lose American as we once knew it. I have never in my life felt this way, with no hope..again its very sad.

Whew. Thanks -- now I can at least face it another day.

Re: Hospitals

My god. We have a outbreak of meningitis! The origin of this infection is traced back to africa. What are we going to do? Is every body breaking into our country? Maybe when our so called leaders get sick, they will defend our borders!

Yes, we now have Latin America full of Dengue fever and some other disease is lurking in Mexico.....they all come here from Mexico and now the Cubans are coming by the thousands....Washington must think we have so much money they can provide for the whole world.....even as they continue to borrow from China to fund the war.......

We have to get a new government, a new party!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

To be culturally correct, shouldn't we give them the same sort of care they would receive in their native country? If you bring that up in an earnest fashion they can't do much about it. If they wish to receive Western medicine they need to play by our rules. Perhaps a letter to the editor under a pseudonym would work, too.

I bet alot of healthcare professionals are leaving hospitals for the very same reasons. Why should taxpayers continue to foot the bill for illegal immigrants? We have to have a law that restricts illegal immigrants from receiving medical care in our hospitals, unless it is a life or death situation.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I bet alot of healthcare professionals are leaving hospitals for the very same reasons. Why should taxpayers continue to foot the bill for illegal immigrants? We have to have a law that restricts illegal immigrants from receiving medical care in our hospitals, unless it is a life or death situation.
    This in one of the reasons RN's leave the profession in droves after working for a few years. It does not matter how many nurses the US trains, until working conditions are improved there is always going to be a shortage. I would never go back to work under today's conditions. To some of these cretins in hospital administration,being 'culturally aware' counts for more than being an excellent nurse with 9 years ICU experience. They will hire the nurse who speaks spanish even though she/he is a real '007' (licensed to kill).

JJMM, I cannot imagine what you must go through on a daily basis working in healthcare.God bless you for you patience and dedication.

Why would you need to be "culturally aware" of your patients?-Rhetorical question.Medical treatment is what they are there for not anything else.Why are people being force fed this multi-culti crap?

someone else posted that nurses are leaving the proffession in droves because of this garbage,I have heard the exact same thing about teachers as well.Many places will hire someone because they speak spanish whether they are qualified or even competent for the job or not.Lets hope this doesn't spead to the medical profession or we are all doomed!

Rawhide!

This particular hospital may be operating in the black today, but given time, they will find themselves bankrupt as so many others have. We cannot continue to provide services to the hordes of illegal aliens in our country. We simply do not have unlimited funds.

It's time to take our country back from the invaders. If foreigners wish to immigrate to this country, they need to enter legally. They also need to learn English. These pandering accommodations must end. This is the United States, and our language is English. If you do not wish to assimilate, return to your country of origin.

To some of these cretins in hospital administration,being 'culturally aware' counts for more than being an excellent nurse with 9 years ICU experience. They will hire the nurse who speaks spanish even though she/he is a real '007' (licensed to kill).
    This just must be it. "Cultural competence" is now in all the nursing textbooks ..it's like the PC garbage that has infested our schools.

And I have no idea why we have to cater to it . . . they ARE there to seek and receive medical attention -- not have every cultural whim catered to. It's ridiculous, as ALL of this is just ridiculous.

I have heard so many times how "wonderfully diverse" our area is. Well, diversity is nice, as long as it doesn't cost me anything, WHICH IT DOES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast