Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hospitals

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I bet alot of healthcare professionals are leaving hospitals for the very same reasons. Why should taxpayers continue to foot the bill for illegal immigrants? We have to have a law that restricts illegal immigrants from receiving medical care in our hospitals, unless it is a life or death situation.
    Its driving up our insurance costs and premiums. It just drives me nuts!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Meningitis??? Where? Which kind??? Yikes!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

I work in a hospital, too, although in the research area.

However, I know that the hospital is always concerned about "cultural sensitivity", and employees are supposed to cater to that.

Did they never hear of WHEN IN ROME, DO AS THE ROMANS DO?

What really grosses me out is when some woman comes to the gynecologist with 10 members of her family (usually males), and they all trail her into the examining room. YUCK!! Sheesh.......how disgusting. I mean, to have your sons come in during the exam?! If I was the doctor, I'd probably kick them out, and then be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    This just must be it. "Cultural competence" is now in all the nursing textbooks ..it's like the PC garbage that has infested our schools.

And I have no idea why we have to cater to it . . . they ARE there to seek and receive medical attention -- not have every cultural whim catered to. It's ridiculous, as ALL of this is just ridiculous.

I have heard so many times how "wonderfully diverse" our area is. Well, diversity is nice, as long as it doesn't cost me anything, WHICH IT DOES.
    Unlimited immigration is the only way the PC crowd can hope to survive. They have to let people in who actually do something because they themselves are so hamstrung by rules they can't. I think the Educational Lobby is one of the big culprits. There's nothing wrong with learning--but having too many Chiefs for the number of Indians you have is a recipe for disaster. I bet China has twice as many workers for each managerial person as we do.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12