Ya know, in July when Arizona's SB1070 goes into effect, I would say that all the police need to do is routinely ask a few white / anglo people about their immigration status during a traffic stop -- just as matter of course -- and then No One can accuse the police of racial profiling in the process of executing this wonderful and long-overdue action.

Another thought that occured to me (I know, 2 in one day, wow... ) is that anyone travelling northbound from the Texas Rio Grande Valley on US281 and Highway 77, will encounter a permanent US Border Patrol Station, located roughly 62 miles (100km) north of the border. All traffic is stopped, a Border Patrol agent speaks to the driver, while sometimes a drug sniffing dog checks out the car from the other side.

Standard questions asked: 1) Are you an American Citizen? 2) Where are you heading?

And this not only goes on 24/7, but HAS BEEN doing on 24/7, for YEARS! I submit to you, where's the protests of racial profiling??? There are none... everyone without exception is stopped and questioned.

And I as an American am GLAD FOR IT.

James