Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House Calling To Defund ACORN Now!!!

On Cspan right now, House members are calling for ALL funds to be stopped to ACORN.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Never should have been funded to begin with . But I'm sure they will find some back door way to keep their thugs in business.

Rep. George Miller speaking now says he rises in opposition of this bill but will not oppose it.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Saw this on Fox News just minutes ago. They said that this has come up several times for a vote, but Nancy Pelosi has blocked each attempt.

Maybe next there will be an investigation into Nancy Pelosi? How about the ties that Obama has had with all of the above?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE
    Time to take ALL the trash out in Washington!

Pelosi: I'm clueless about cash cut-off
    By GEOFF EARLE and DAPHNE RETTER, Post Correspondents
    Last Updated: 10:42 AM, September 17, 2009
    Posted: 3:49 AM, September 17, 2009

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said yesterday she is clueless about an amendment to prohibit government funds for embattled ACORN, although it overwhelmingly passed the Senate Monday and the White House is calling for the group to be held accountable.

"I don't even know what they passed," Pelosi told The Post yesterday. "What did they do? They defunded it?"

The amendment to suspend housing grants was a stunning blow to the community-activist group -- and came as some Democrats and the White House have been backing away from the group.

The vote was preceded by the release of videos by conservative activists posing as a pimp and prostitute soliciting -- and receiving -- tips from ACORN employees about how to shield income, avoid taxes and set up a brothel.

The issue now goes to a House-Senate conference committee for a spending bill. Its fate is up to Democratic leaders, particularly Pelosi, since the House passed no such provision.

Some fellow lawmakers were surprised that Pelosi wasn't following the issue.

"I think that she's not focused on the issue of corruption," said Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who has been hammering ACORN.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/p ... phoqht5GHN

For any defunding of ACORN to be effective, they are going to have to do two things:

Cut off the flow to the SEIU and;

Cut off the flow of monies to each and every of the 300+ groups under the umbrella of ACORN.

Then, they are going to have to freeze all assets and funds currently held by ALL of those organizations as well as the principals of those organizations pending the investigation.

Unless they do that, they are wasting their time and we would have to question the sincerity of this effort because this is a HUGE criminal organization where everything and everyone is intertwined........it was set up that way by design.

I'm still trying to determine if the House cut off their funding. I wasn't sure on how they were voting. I'm watching Fox to see if they will report on the House actions. Anyway you slice it, it looks like ACORN is coming apart with all the investigations going on. It couldn't happen soon enough to suit me.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I'm still trying to determine if the House cut off their funding. I wasn't sure on how they were voting. I'm watching Fox to see if they will report on the House actions. Anyway you slice it, it looks like ACORN is coming apart with all the investigations going on. It couldn't happen soon enough to suit me.
    YES THEY DID.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-171299.html

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    For any defunding of ACORN to be effective, they are going to have to do two things:

Cut off the flow to the SEIU and;

Cut off the flow of monies to each and every of the 300+ groups under the umbrella of ACORN.

Then, they are going to have to freeze all assets and funds currently held by ALL of those organizations as well as the principals of those organizations pending the investigation.

Unless they do that, they are wasting their time and we would have to question the sincerity of this effort because this is a HUGE criminal organization where everything and everyone is intertwined........it was set up that way by design.
    AZ, you are correct. ACORN has many heads and they ALL have to be cut off to be effective, including SEIU!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast