Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

How being illegal affects the kids...

Wanted to share something. I have from time to time shared the goings on around here, sometimes it is just eye rolling ridiculous, sometimes unnerving and sometimes just pathetic.

Todays story is a sad and pathetic example of how being illegal affects these peoples kids.

My 17 year old son has a little "store", call it a concession stand, in the front of our garage. Candy, chips, gum, sodas....all the good kid stuff. Of course he is quite popular with the kids. There is this whole family of kids in one unit that in the beginning were causing problems, but little by little he has groomed them to behave decently.

There is something about these kids parents, we could put our finger on it. After school started, the oldest girl, about 7/8, came over, asking me to fill out a school form for her mother....I looked it over, and it was simply a fill in the blanks with her name and then had to explain it was something the teacher needed with just her information on it. She then began coming over, asking my son to help her with her homework, which he told her no, it was her parents place to do this, and then it evolved into her begging him to sign a permission form for her to go on a field trip she desperately wanted to go on. My son then asked why her parents would not sign it. During these events he saw the mother encouraging her to come over for help from us.

She began telling him that they do not read or speak English, but something did not click. He told her he could not because he was not her guardian and not over 18, and she then asked if I would sign it, he also told her it would be a big no-no for anyone but her parents to sign it and the teacher would not allow her to go without their signature. She claimed it was because they could not read of speak English, but we did not buy that, as if they did not, they could simply have someone at the school translate, but they refuse to have any contact with them.

Obviously we know they are here illegally, but they seem overtly scared of any contact with anyone in authority, an excessive fear it seems, and our manager said recently that a good amount of the people here in this complex are completely illiterate in their own language. This could explain much, plus about their fears beyond what we have met up with before, their complete lack of education leaves them completely in the dark, and they have this excessive fear to ask the schools to help them translate stuff so their kids can enjoy their childhood time in school, and go further (since ma and pa illegal cannot help with their homework). As well, since they are here illegally, they are extremely fearful and it affects their childrens lives.

It is so sad, and we feel bad for the kids. My son told her "I am sorry I can't do this, and sorry your parents are here like this, it makes things really hard on you guys, always will". She just nodded her head. She left, and he turned to me and said "thanks for not ever doing something like this that would have made our lives that difficult".

We feel bad for these kids. Feel sorry for the parents that they never had access in their own nations to enough education, but yet the argument by the OBL still does not stand with us, I cannot see how it is our problem, nor should be thrust upon us, which it actually has been in this case, to take care of these people and their kids, where is their nations or their own personal responsiblilty in this all?

These are adults, and they know their lack of education and illegal status is making their kids lives hard, it seems they did not care, they came here with the intention of simply making more money, they have shown no desire to actually improve their lives for their kids and their own sakes, they are living as they would in their own countries (garbage strewn patios/decks, junk everywhere, and their places are filthy, this verified by the manager), just with more money (although ma and pa illegal do not work that we can see, and she has popped out about 5 kids, and am sure she is getting tons of freebies that support them all).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Well looks like future gangmembers there. And its not your fault or anybodys but the parents. Cant read or write? There are free programs in every city to teach you. And you know an illegal will get get first priority. No car? Take the dam bus like every one else. Get a job. We all know you dont have to speak English or be legal to get one . Or better yet go back where you came from.

It is truly sad Patty. The parents complete lack of education and illegal presence here, has added to their complete ignorance, and the downfall of their childrens lives.

These kids would have been better off in their parents nation than here struggling between two worlds with no parental guidance.

Making matters worse, it seems they have no inclination to do anything beyond what they are for their kids, how can that be a better life?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    It is truly sad Patty. The parents complete lack of education and illegal presence here, has added to their complete ignorance, and the downfall of their childrens lives.

These kids would have been better off in their parents nation than here struggling between two worlds with no parental guidance.

Making matters worse, it seems they have no inclination to do anything beyond what they are for their kids, how can that be a better life?
    To them, money for nothing is a better life. Where else do they get paid for not working, popping out as many anchors as they can because each one comes with free money? We have got to stop this bs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

The difference with Americans and some from other nations, is when we say we are wanting a better life, this could simply mean a change in the location of where we live (country versus inner city), educational opportunities for our children and ourselves, an improvement in our surroundings (home improvements or bettered living conditions). We also see our education as a means to do better, and when we are able to make enough money to do better, most Americans see money as a tool, not a thing to have and get stuff with.

Seems with all too many illegal aliens we have encountered, they do nothing to improve their ability to earn more via education, they do nothing to encourage their kids to do well in school, or even complete school. We have also noticed here, they will have all manner of the newest electronics, brand new vehicles, but will live in crowded and dirty conditions. How can this be having a better life if you live in a two bedroom place with three other families, it's dirty and you have garbage building up on your patio?

Good question and has a simple answer. It's really juvenile, but here it is nonetheless.

It's akin to keeping up with the Joneses. It's to show off who has the better "stuff". Happens in my family like crazy. When going back to the "old country", you show off your wealth and are treated like royalty. Since my parents passed, I don't have much contact with my family and this is one of the reasons.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Save your compassion for the children of US citizens who are forced to learn less because so much of our taxpayer resources are wasted on illegals and their children.

I do not feel sorry for these kids. They just want better, yet don't aspire to work for it. How did their parents get here? How did they rent an apartment? Find a job? Buy a car? Find the welfare offices? Find a way to wire money back home?

They manage to do everything necessary to avail of America's benefits, yet they can't figure out how to fill out a school form? That's BS - there are older, US educated bilingual children who could help them. Easier to impose on the Gringo. They think we are all pushovers.

For the most part, they are right.

They got the Job the money the car the BABIES and how to wire money back home with HELP!! Thats How.Help Help Help!!

This is what they are doing to you AmericanElizabeth they want you to do all the work to get them all the free help they can get...They come off so sweet and don't no nothing but they are smart and know how to suck people into helping them..Turn them into Ice I would say cps but they would just help them more you know the poor poor parents have life so hard and all.
    But yes by going to you to take care of the little money makers school papers is seeing how far you will go. Its good to see you put your foot down god knows what would have been next!

ExCaliGal, I have considered the CPS thing, as they have this one year old they will send out with the 7/8 year old to take care of....and often we find the one year old wandering by himself.

Miguelina, it is a juvenile thing, as the kids of these people, who are in my daughters age group (12/13) make a huge deal out of the things their parents have bought them, the IPods, the name brand clothes and shoes, the bikes, the flat screen TV's, yet my daughter will bring up that they are the ones living in the apartments (tiny holes in the wall which are falling apart, and only a rickety unusable deck), shared by them and another relative family (or more, in two bedrooms one bath), and we have one of the nicer duplexes, and it is just the four of us living here. She understands the difference between the two kinds of standards of living, yet these kids assume having the stuff, all the while sharing a bedroom with five other kids (though one time she counted four sets of bunkbeds in one room), is better than not having as much stuff and having your own room, privacy and some peace and quiet.

As for taking advantage of us, no we don't let them. We refuse to let the parents sit on their backends and not do what they should for their kids. Sorry the kids have to suffer for the parents laziness, the kids did not ask for this life when they were born to these people, it's a shame. I have my own kids to take care of and be concerned about, I have sympathy, and compassion, but it will never translate into enough pity to not fight against illegal immigration, even for the kids sake, they will just have to look to their parents for the troubles their choices have caused.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    ExCaliGal, I have considered the CPS thing, as they have this one year old they will send out with the 7/8 year old to take care of....and often we find the one year old wandering by himself.

Miguelina, it is a juvenile thing, as the kids of these people, who are in my daughters age group (12/13) make a huge deal out of the things their parents have bought them, the IPods, the name brand clothes and shoes, the bikes, the flat screen TVs, yet my daughter will bring up that they are the ones living in the apartments (tiny holes in the wall which are falling apart, and only a rickety unusable deck), shared by them and another relative family (or more, in two bedrooms one bath), and we have one of the nicer duplexes, and it is just the four of us living here. .

In my area you have kids 5 & 6 riding bikes in the middle of the street I lay on my horn hoping the parents will come out,They never do and the kids just flip me off..But one of these days I'm gonna go to the door!

As for having the latest and the best toys is easy for them 90% is ripped off .They don't like to pay for anything that's why they live the way they do,Kind of hard to steal big couches and furniture.
    The older kids always get stuck watching the little ones even if they are just a year older. They run to the store for them they then grow up and start stealing for them. Not all are bad but it's not about being good or bad its just not our problem. .
    Just the other day they busted an 18 year old breaking into cars and followed him and found all kinds of goodies. I Bet His Mama was pissed! The women are very strong willed and some rule with an iron fist and the men well they get drunk in bars and parking lots just to stay away,Then they get in the car and you know the rest. But if they make it home without any problems more than likely someone is going to get a beating or verbal abuse by him..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast