Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How can we hold NC accountable?

We need to force other states to refuse acceptance of a NC driver's license for anyone (including me) as valid proof of identity. Also, anyone injured, killed, raped, murdered by an illegal in NC, should (if still alive) file lawsuits against our state representatives, personally, for serving as an accessory to the crime:

For the first time issuance of a North Carolina identification card, learner permit or driver license, proof of residency is required which must include name and current North Carolina residence address. This is in addition to proof of age and identity requirements. Acceptable documents include the following. NOTE: The proof of residency documents are subject to verifiable authenticity by the Division.

(1) Documents issued by the United States Government or by the government of another nation, such as
    Military orders
    Valid passport
    Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) documents
    Correspondence from Veterans Administration
    Matricula Consular from Government of Mexico
    Correspondence from the Social Security Administration

I thought the NC drivers license was going to be Real ID starting soon. If so, how can they accept matricula cards? I thought Real ID was supposed to weed out the real citizens.

North Carolina also prints and distributes the driver's handbook (among other documents) in Spanish. Now, it is my understanding that since North Carolina is an "English language" state, NO state business or document or form should be administered or printed in any other language other than English. Obviously I am incorrect.

...and HOW can a matricular card possibly be proof of ANYTHING except being Mexican? How is this card justified as being proof of residency?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    I thought the NC drivers license was going to be Real ID starting soon. If so, how can they accept matricula cards? I thought Real ID was supposed to weed out the real citizens.
    There are still proof of age and identity requirements (among other things). The matricular card is listed under [b]proof of residency. Though for the life of me, I can't figure out exactly HOW a matricular card can prove residency

This is from the NCDOT website:

n order to apply for the first time issuance of a North Carolina Learner Permit or Driver License you will need to gather documents from the following categories:

1. Proof of Residency:

Proof of residency includes providing your name and current address. You will need one document from this category. A few examples of documents you can use to prove your residency are:

* Any document issued by the State of North Carolina or any of its political subdivisions (county, city, tax district, etc.) or by the federal government;
    * An apartment lease, housing contract, or mortgage statement;
    * A utility bill (ie. power bill, cable bill, water bill, etc.);
    * Matricula Consular issued by the Mexican consulate.

For the complete list of documents that may be used to provide proof of residency visit the Driver's Handbook: Chapter 1 - Requirements.

2. Proof of Age & Identity:

Proof of age and identity includes providing your full name (including your middle name or initial) and date of birth. You will need a total of two documents from this category, one of which must show your date of birth. It is required that you present DMV with a valid Social Security card. If you are not eligible for a Social Security card, you must provide documentation issued by the United States Government indicating legal presence. If you have just recently moved to North Carolina and are applying for your original North Carolina driver license your valid, unexpired "out-of-state" driver license with photo counts as one form of identification.

You may not use two documents from the same section. For instance, using a report card and school transcript would not qualify as two forms of identification because they both come from the "School Records" section.
    Acceptable Proof of Identity Documents:

1. Valid, unexpired Driver License or State-Issued Identification Card from another state, Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory, or a Canadian province.
    2. Certified or original birth certificate.
    3. Original Social Security card.
    4. Official North Carolina School Registration records signed by a school official and Diplomas issued by North Carolina schools, including secondary schools, community colleges, colleges and universities.
    5. Unexpired U.S. Military Identification, including DD-2, DD-214, Common Access Card, and U.S. Military Dependents Card.
    6. Valid, unexpired Passport from any nation.
    7. Certified marriage certificate from a Register of Deeds or appropriate government agency in the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories or Canada.
    8. Limited Driving Privilege issued by North Carolina.
    9. Valid, unexpired documents issued by the U.S. Bureau of Immigration Services (BIS) formerly known as Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS).
    10. Court documents from U.S. jurisdiction, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories or Canada.
    11. U.S. Veterans Universal Access Card.

For the complete list of documents that may be used to provide proof of age & identity visit the Driver's Handbook: Chapter 1 - Requirements.

3. Proof of Liability Insurance:

Proof of liability insurance includes providing insurance documents such as:

* DMV form DL-123;
    * or an original liability insurance policy binder;
    * or an insurance card with: your name, policy number, issue and expiration date.

The liability insurance documents must show your name, the effective date of policy, the expiration date of the policy, and the date the policy was issued.

Even if you do not own or drive a currently registered vehicle you may still apply for a license, but a restriction will be placed on your driver license. This restriction limits you to only driving "fleet vehicles" and costs $10.00 when you are ready to remove it from your license.

For the complete description of liability insurance visit the Driver's Handbook: Chapter 1 - Requirements.

4. Social Security Card Requirement:

When making application for an original identification card, learners permit or driver license, it is required that you present DMV with a valid Social Security card. If you are not eligible for a Social Security card, you must provide documentation issued by the United States Government indicating legal presence.

http://www.ncdot.org/DMV/driver_service ... lying.html

Here is what English legislation means:

Declaring English the official language means that official government business at all levels must be conducted solely in English. This includes all public documents, records, legislation and regulations, as well as hearings, official ceremonies and public meetings.

North Carolina has this legislation and it was enacted in 1987.

http://www.usenglish.org
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo

Declaring English the official language means that official government business at all levels must be conducted solely in English. This includes all public documents, records, legislation and regulations, as well as hearings, official ceremonies and public meetings.

Wouldn't a driver's handbook issued by the NC DOT be considered a public document? Another thing- the last time I was there (7 months ago) they had signs in spanish all over the place at the driver's license office in my county. Seems like these practices would be in violation of the English law.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo

Wouldn't a driver's handbook issued by the NC DOT be considered a public document? Another thing- the last time I was there (7 months ago) they had signs in spanish all over the place at the driver's license office in my county. Seems like these practices would be in violation of the English law.
    Seems like it, maybe a law suit would be appropriate here. Maybe the IRLI would take it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Gogo! I will contact the IRLI after I go to the dl office and obtain a copy of the spanish manual and take some photos of the signs.

Here's a link to some interesting 5 year old testimony given by the FBI regarding Consular cards- Matricula consular cards in particular. You can see in 2008 that the information in this testimony fell on deaf ears.

Testimony of Steve McCraw, Assistant Director of The Office of Intelligence, FBI
    Before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims on Consular ID Cards
    June 26, 2003
    "Consular ID Cards in a Post-9/11 World"

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/mccraw062603.htm

Wonder why we cannot file a class action suit against the State of North Carolina for violations of federal law? Can't we at least get a restraining order (or whatever it is called) to make them cease.

We must embarrass them somehow. We need to file petitions in every state to declare NC driver's licenses unacceptable forms of i.d.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast