Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How do I report my apartment complex/hiring illegals?

How do I report my apartment complex for possibly hiring illegals to do renovation and painting the buildings? They've been all over my patio, made repairs and left a huge mess. When asked if they were going to clean up behind themselves, no one spoke English. Apartment manager is non-responsive. All the work is being done by about thirty Latinos who speak no English, or at least say they do not.

The same thing is happening here.

I haven't had the guts to report the workers on my own complex but I tried to on the ones across the street. Hopefully someone over their will return the favor.

The Police and ICE seem totally worthless. Maybe the IRS can do something?

P.S. Neither our buildings or the ones across the street really looked like they needed it to me. How about yours?

Reporting Illegal Aliens

I would pester ICE to check them out. Employment of illegal aliens is common in the construction trades, but lack of English ability doesn't necessarily mean they are illegal aliens. ICE should be able to check their documents and their records. The problem will be getting them engaged. Enforcement in the interior is thin, and as a result they tend to concentrate on tracking down alien felons.

Unless you live in one of the States or localities that have been authorized to enforce immigration law for the ICE, the local or state police can do little or nothing unless they are breaking other laws. Florida is the only State that I recall participating in the program, but there were a number of counties and cities across the U.S. that participate.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Re: How do I report my apartment complex/hiring illegals?

Quote Originally Posted by bornbredhere
    How do I report my apartment complex for possibly hiring illegals to do renovation and painting the buildings? They've been all over my patio, made repairs and left a huge mess. When asked if they were going to clean up behind themselves, no one spoke English. Apartment manager is non-responsive. All the work is being done by about thirty Latinos who speak no English, or at least say they do not.

THIS PROBLEM IS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. THE COMPLEX I LIVE IN IS OWNED BY THE CITY AND ALL THE WORKERS ARE HISPANIC AND MOST OF THE TENANTS. ALL THE AMERICAN WORKERS DISAPPEARED AND TENANTS MOVED OUT AS HISPANICS MOVED IN.
    I DO NOT THINK THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO. THEY OUT BID ON CONTRACTS AND THEY CANNOT BE ASKED IF THEY ARE ILLEGAL.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Notify the building inspector

Ask the local building inspector to take a look at the situation. Do the workers have the necessary licenses and permits to do the work? Are they abiding by the building code? Do they work only during hours permitted by local law?

I agree, call city building and zoning dept. If they don't care, find out if your state has a contractors license board. Then try OSHA say you see some possible safty violations, or the US Dept of labor tell them they are being paid cash (I bet they are). Three of the four dept mentioned are losing money by this activity so you think one of them would show up.

I agree with the idea or calling IRS. Call ICE. Heck call everyone

Also call your local code enforcement, building and zoning dept., etc. if you do not see a permit hung up some where in or around your complex allowing the work to be done. Your town/city should have some fining system for this and many times the work must cease and be torn down and redone if they ever get a permit in that city again.

And OSHA is tricky as they are hesitant to get involved with illegal immigration issues after the 2005 incident where ICE pretended they were OSHA agents and arrested a bunch of illegals. I see nothing wrong with this but OSHA does.

My boyfriend is a tradesman so he has taught me what violations to look for if I suspect a bunch of illegals on a job site in my travels. Scoffolding should always be two planks and used properly, hardhats at all times (this is the easiest to spot); wearing shorts is usually a no-no due to the hazardous nature of work; his jobs prohibit radios also. Some states do not enforce this but where he lives and works they crack down hard on all these. Maybe they won't be caught and deported but this will be a huge hassle for the person employing them when OSHA comes out to inspect safety violations. And this can trickle down to the entire site and the contractors they employ. And you know if an illegal doesn't have a drivers license and is operating with out a CDL that is a major fine I believe.

Also if these are bigger job sites you can sometimes get the Union involved with picketing because these illegals are stealing from Union workers as well, especially if there is another Union company on the project. It doesn't hurt to call the President of the Painter, Bricklayer, Carpenter, etc. Unions as long as they are not involved in hiring illegals themselves.

Also try and get the name of the company off a truck or sign around the building and check out wehirealiens.com, I think it is a great database.
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"