Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How do we convince voters not to follow blindly?

This is what we are up against, and it is not just the President and Congress, but the voters as well.I copied these comments from a Consertative---Trump supporting blog today. Anyone have any ideas how to try and convince these voters to not follow blindly?

This was a Trump strategy to be able to state NONE of the Dems voted for ANY immigration relief for the “dreamers”. It will become a central talking point at his rallies.
    -------------------------------
    Was this the Ryan or Goodlatte bill
    ----------------------
    It is the Ryan/Goodlatte bill. Goodlatte helped on both the bills that were defeated.
    --------------------------------
    FYI, the immigration bill was changed after Trump’s tweet.
    ------------------------
    For those thinking the Goodlatte II bill has an amnesty within, then please read the bill. If this is amnesty, then it is pretty brutal:
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...997192A69BC75B
    Section 1101 and this is what they will be called:
    “2) CONTINGENT NONIMMIGRANT.—The term “contingent nonimmigrant” means an alien who is granted nonimmigrant status under this division.”
    Then read all the requirements to attain that status and to keep it! While there might be 2mill that might initial criteria to participate in the program…. there will be a HUGE number that won’t meet the requirements to actually be in the program.
    A small price to pay to get the wall built.
    ------------------------------
    It’s a moot point.
    Won’t pass the Senate anyway. POTUS said so.
    And when has PDJT been wrong??
    ------------------------------------
    Yes. i am in favor. Anybody who has a criminal record of any kind is out. Also i think back taxes must be paid and they must learn english.
    ---------------------------------
    I believe in Pres Trump.
    ------------------------------
    Common sense is what’s needed here.
    PT has already established the base line of what he will accept for DACA. Don’t be an Ann Coulter – that’s the opposite of common sense.
    Trust in your President to get the best deal. Otherwise you end up being as bad as the Democrats.
    Common sense does mean a certain amount of compromise, as distasteful as that might be.
    --------------------------
    I trust and hope that PDT is playing a game by endorsing the Ryan amnesty bill. I assume he knows the Senate won’t pass it anyway. The Dems could call his bluff however if the Ryan amnesty gets through the House.
    --------------------------
    Godlatte II is not Ryan bill.
    ------------------------
    Just guessing here, but it seems VSG understands no bill will be passed this year, so he has spent his time making the public understand that the Demokkkrats have zero intention of helping anybody with anything at anytime.
    -----------------------------
    The wall is started already.
    he already started the wall.
    -----------------------------
    In the upcoming midterm elections, PDJT and the Republicans will have supported a bill that would have provided amnesty for 1.8 million Dreamers, and the Democrats will have blocked it. If the Democrats support it, PDJT can thank them for helping him pass the amnesty bill HE SUPPORTED, and if they block it, they have to do some fast dancing to explain why they oppose amnesty for their beloved illegal alien children. Heads I win, tails you lose.
    You don’t always have to capture a piece, sometimes all you have to do is block it.
    ----------------------------------
    VSG NEVER gets on the wrong side of any “compassion” issue, he knows exactly where that goes.
    But he also NEVER gives up a thing.
    -----------------------------------------
    where did he endorse ryans bill? I saw he wanted the G. one to pass
    -------------------------------------------
    just give it some time. We go through this nearly every time he has to rely on Congress to try and get something done, and typically they fail (intentionally).
    Have faith that he actually has our interests in mind and that to date what he ends up with is usually beyond what most expected he could deliver (IMHO).
    -----------------------------------
    He tweeted this morning he supports the Goodlatte bill.
    ---------------------------------------
    It.does ‘t confuse me.
    Right now we can’t.turn people around at the border.
    Perfect is the enemy of good
    In order to walk one must put one foot in front of.the other.
    Dance with the one who brought you.
    I have yet to be disappointed by my VSGSEPOTUS.
    -----------------------------------------
    The democrats will NOT support a bill that the President supports, its that simple. By throwing his support behind the bill he guarantees the Dems will obstruct. Furthermore, if they do decide to support the bill, the President can veto it. Furthermoremore, if he decides to sign it, the Wall will be built, E-Verify will be strengthened and the 2 million DACA’s/illegals will have a long road to full amnesy and will all go through a full vetting process. How can everyone not see that the President is holding all of the cards on the Immigration issue? It truly astounds me to read all of the moral preening and fatalistic comments from the most informed readers in our Treehouse.
    ------------------------------------------
    When you’re not on the golf course you speak some great stuff! Some pharmaceutical should start selling anti-depressants here at the Treehouse. So many folks here assume they know what the President knows … they don’t. President Trump brought us all to the dance and he won’t abandon us!
    -------------------------------------------
    So, you don’t want to build the wall and stop millions of illegals entering the country? Don’t you think that giving a pathway to legalize 1m people who have lived here all their lives a small price to pay for being able to prevent millions of invaders?
    You would like to continue this charade every two years? You’d like the US to be invaded?
    This is why we cannot get immigration reform done. Nobody wants to compromise.
    If we can get that wall built without any conditions placed on the full funding… then I will gladly give on 1million getting a way to legalize their presence.
    The wall is the single most important element of anything they do… without it, then nothing else matters.
    --------------------------------------
    Folks, trust the President on this. I cannot fathom all this hand wringing goin on. These illegals are here and most of their families aren’t. They will not want to be stuck here when the bennies shut off and they can’t make a living. Most will try to visit south of border and will not be able to return. Eventually the money they send home will be taxed. Trump is working them down a funnel. RELAX,support the President.
    I hate it too, but it won’t pass. But those soft Independents will see that Republicans are at least trying,while the Dems complain but do nothing, all talk no action. I think it is marginally better for our side come Midterms as we can point this out. POTUS knows what he is doing. We need to trust him.
    ---------------------------------
    Meanwhile, as this battles rages, I think the wall is inching along. Pretty soon it will like The Cask of Amontillado, Trump will be putting in the last brick and it will be too late!
    Read the full text,he only wants a vote, to show the gop is for reforms, and the dems against. Don’t do a Breitbart and attack him for endorsing a bill that will never pass, but send a clear message to the voter
    -----------------------------------
    The unskilled workers will be the people who work on the farms. They are the seasonal workers that have been coming here for generations. Farms are larger, they need more workers.
    Only 1.8 million people would be given an opportunity for a pathway to legalizing. Remember, the caveats are that they have to be vetted, work… etc etc. tough criteria.
    eVerify – didn’t you want that?
    The WALL. The single most important element.
    Why is compromise such a dirty word to some people? You cannot always get what you want, but if you try real hard, you get what you need…. or something like that 😉
    I am reading the bill… and let me tell you, this is not amnesty. It is a pathway… but it is extremely strict. I suggest you read it.
    It is NOT AMNESTY. At all. No waving of a magic wand and suddenly these illegals are citizens. They have to work for it, pay for it, earn it and they cannot commit any crimes. That weeds out a vast majority of those who would qualify.
    ----------------------------------

Good question.... would like to discuss but very tired... will make a sticky and get back to you soon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)