Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How is the US responsible for the poor of Mexico

not having jobs ?

"such as the fact that the Nafta agreements have put all those Mexicans out of work in their own country in the first place, especially all those small farmers who can no longer compete with American food producing giants"

Quote from another forum.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Re: How is the US responsible for the poor of Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by bootsalinda
    not having jobs ?

"such as the fact that the Nafta agreements have put all those Mexicans out of work in their own country in the first place, especially all those small farmers who can no longer compete with American food producing giants"

Quote from another forum.
    I don't know much of the details but it seems like after NAFTA and CAFTA, we some how allowed ourselves to become their salvation.

Somehow because of NAFTA, millions of Mexican farmers lost their livelihoods.
    I suppose just like this so called "comprehensive immigration reform",, NAFTA/CAFTA was a bad idea in the long run, and we are all worst off because of it.

NAFTA
    Does anyone remember klinton extolling the benefits of NAFTA to Mex?
    The great number of jobs that it would create for the poor people?
    Oh, my did Congess just goo and gaa over the wonderful advantage it was to give our "neighbor" in helping to build it's infrastructure and put people to work.

In truth, there are resources in Mex that the big profiteers want. They're AG LAND, energy, water, and other natural resources as Mex is very rich in resources. Just not advanced enough to pull them out. Mex gov basicaly forced the people to give up their land now making them homeless so to speak and took away their livlihoods.

Those of us against it already knew what was going to happen and that this was the first step to disolving our sovereignty. The worst part is that now there are millions more Mexicans who need work compared to prior to NAFTA.

Anyone ever wonder who pocketed the Dinero? That was one of the largest payoffs to date.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GFC
    How is the US responsible for the poor of Mexico
    Because the US is a society based on altruism. Mexico is not.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    NAFTA
    Does anyone remember klinton extolling the benefits of NAFTA to Mex?
    The great number of jobs that it would create for the poor people?
    Oh, my did Congess just goo and gaa over the wonderful advantage it was to give our "neighbor" in helping to build it's infrastructure and put people to work.

In truth, there are resources in Mex that the big profiteers want. They're AG LAND, energy, water, and other natural resources as Mex is very rich in resources. Just not advanced enough to pull them out. Mex gov basicaly forced the people to give up their land now making them homeless so to speak and took away their livlihoods.

Those of us against it already knew what was going to happen and that this was the first step to disolving our sovereignty. The worst part is that now there are millions more Mexicans who need work compared to prior to NAFTA.

Anyone ever wonder who pocketed the Dinero? That was one of the largest payoffs to date.
    Thanks for explaining it 2ndamendsis.

Let's hope Congress continues to have the foresight to stop this stupid Amnesty Bill so it does not have the same devestating effect on us the way, NAFTA has had on Mexico, and the US

Now, more than ever I see why ppl like Sensenbrenner, P. King and Tancredo say, no bill ,is better than a bad bill.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    My husband works with a man that has a green card, he is from Mexico.

My husband asked him about Mexico today, asked him if it was really as corrupt as we see on the news? He said very soundly "YES"! It is really corrupt there.

This mans father was in law enforcement there (well, what they would call law enforcement) and he knew firsthand how corrupt it all was. He said his father did well only because of the payoffs he received daily by "lawbreakers".

This corruption is not only rampant, but all through the system. Pay $100 get your license, don't pay $100, wait several years to get your license. Just like that.

So, it sounds to me that Mexicos problems are Mexicos problems, simple as that, we are not responsible for what they have created there.

We need to rescind NAFTA and CAFTA. This would benefit Americans, and then it would make all those third world countries be responsible for themselves. Just like our welfare, we are only stunting these countries potentials if we are giving them handouts. Welfare recipients are the same, they do not try because the government is handing them all they need to survive, so they stop trying. It's only when both groups get hungry enough that they will start trying to find solutions on their own.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CONCERNEDVET
    Why don't we give the HOUSE a little help just to be sure
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well I am sure CAFTA and NAFTA do not help, but they had no jobs before those programs went there. The same jobs they took there, they took out of the US and took from American's.

They lost farmers? So have we. Left and right.

I do not believe their poverty is our problem.

Jezzabel, you didn't quite get it......it's a little twisted

Big American Global corps have taken their land. NAFTA IS the cause of loss of jobs for them. They had precious few to loose anymore.

The American companies in Mex are..........ready for this? OUTSOURCING!!!

Here's something important: MCCAIN has interests in ENERGY which I've mentioned tons of times. McCAIN & his energy group have dibs on Mex OIL & RESOURCES. ===CAFTA

long/short.......NAFTA screwed the Mexican people and dumped trillions of dinero {American that is} in the Mex money men's pockets. Wonder what Foxy's take was?

NAFTA screwed the Mexican people and dumped trillions of dinero {American that is} in the Mex money men's pockets. Wonder what Foxy's take was?
    yep, yep and yep.

They screwed this country's economy as well and profoundly complicate efforts to secure this nation. NAFTA and CAFTA agreements complicate efforts to initiate homeland security measures on our borders. Every person that enters this country (legally or illegally) has some type of protection under those agreements as far as trade is concerned.

Can they be rescinded? It would appear that there is an escape clause that can be activated. Trade disputes between nation states are resolved through the WTO. If the United States has three disputes which in their opinion are resolved unfairly they have an option to activate that clause.

Has it been activated? Obviously not. The problem is these disputes are lawsuits which have been going for years and years and many are yet unresolved. I have not yet found any resolutions to these cases. That doesn't mean they aren't there. It means this is NOT Harry Potter reading and it is tough sledding to get through it.

The number of disputes between Nations regarding NAFTA agreements would fill your house ceiling to floor - wall to wall with stacks of paper. They take years to resolve.

Is Congress taking a proactive stance? They talk alot. They attempt to pass ammendments to the PATRIOT ACT with regard to NAFTA CAFTA snags.

If you search the congressional record using “CAFTA is bad for America” you will find 2000 articles documenting discussions in congress regarding the serious consequences to our Nation these agreements have caused. Note that is just CAFTA. I didn't search NAFTA.

I have not found any proposed legislation that we withdraw from these agreements. Again it does not mean they have not been presented. It means I have a life other than researching the screw ups our past presidents and congresses have placed us in.

Excerpt from Congressional Record Page H6423 – through H6427
    Mr. POMEROY. [b]This year, 2005, we are on the brink of importing more food than we export.
    The United States of America as a net food importer. Can you imagine something more screwed up than that? Clearly, this trade path that we are on is not working, and quite clearly CAFTA is more of the same.
    Current Senate ammendment 4101
    "To enhance border security by creating a pilot SAFE Visa Program to grant visas to authorized nationals of a NAFTA or CAFTA-DR country who receive employment offers in job areas in the United States that have been certified by the Secretary of Labor as having a shortage of workers."
    You can find details of the yeas and nays votes on it at Congress.org by searching S ADMT 4101.

Are there any easy solutions to this quagmire? No. If you want illegals to stop crossing the border you are going to have to approach this problem on all the fronts that complicate it.

FYI it might interest you to know the agreements were never read by the majority of the representatives who voted them in. I guess their aids can't wade through 900 pages before makeing life altering decisions that affect this nation.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast