Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How younger people see illegal immigration

Below is a link to a discussion forum called Fark.com which posts various news stories daily for people to discuss. Today there is an article on how half of Mexico wants to immigrate to the US and I thought you all might want to see how people under the age of thirty see the issue. Warning--there might be some foul language or tasteless jokes on that thread, so if you are easily offended, don't go there.

What I learned from this is that everybody is well aware that this invasion is happening--it's no big secret anymore:

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comment ... nk=1624932

Too many of them don't have much of a clue (as expacted).
    We need to educate them.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

yeah but they are young and inexperienced about the real world. I just sit back and observe.

BobC, these kids are really funny and clever! I lol'd several times. They don't know much about the illegal problem, but I think they get the gist. I am impressed with the witty reparte! Here is one of their posts...

Could someone explain to me why mexicans always do so poorly in the olympics?
    Because anyone who can run, swim, or jump is in the US.

When we gonna wake up?

In my son's old school (Fairfax County) the were taught to be compassionate to the illegals because they are only looking for a better way of life My son had enough first hand experience to know that isn't the truth!

I love that Forum, too, Scarecrow! I think it's important to keep a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    yeah but they are young and inexperienced about the real world. I just sit back and observe.
    This the time that they need to be introduced to the real world. To sit and watch doesn't help them at all. That is how they develop distorted and inaccurate ideals.

Being 27 myself, I can say that I didn't get the big picture by sitting in the "lunch room" talking amongst my peers.

Mentors are invaluable. Be a "big brother" and donate your time to our youth.

Just like big tobacco, the younger we get them, the more power there will be in the long run.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

I got a hoot out of the posting on synchronized leaf blowing at the olympics.

In reference to the high schoolers now. I've got a 17 year old and he views the illegal immigration issues as no problem. However, I've been talking about it enough that he is starting to ask more questions about it.

Actually I have recently taken in 15 YO kid whose father is a heroin addict--it's a long story--but the subject of illegal immigration has come up a few times (always brought up by him, by the way). I'll call this kid Caleb. Caleb says his school is now maybe 60% Hispanic, whereas 5 years ago it was more like 20%. I asked if most of the kids speak English and he said no--then clarified that a lot of them could kind of understand English, but they couldn't really speak it. Caleb said gangs were/are the norm and that the most popular music these days is gangsta rap. Drugs like meth are pretty common. The town we live in is very blue collar, but it's not by any stretch of the imagination what you'd call a bad nieghborhood at least not by today's standards.

Another thing I found out via Caleb is that a large number of his pals are on legal "meds" like Ritalin. In his words "everybody takes it."

Half of Mexico wanting to Immigrate to the U.S.?! The population of Mexico is 106,202,903. I guarantee that much more han half of the nation does not want to set foot in America. People don't leave their country because they want to. They leave out of sheer necessity. Have you ever heard of the potatoe famine? Whenhundreds of thousands of Irish came to america because they ran out of options in their native land. Let's not forget they nearly evryone in the U.S. is the product of immigration, while the only true Americans have been relegated to shameful indian reservations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast