Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Howdy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome, Obbop!

I'm in a city officially named El Paso, Texas. I imagine that if someone doesn't get off their tush and do something, I could be living in Mexico before long.

You are right, the President is supposedly coming to the border today. I find it odd that no one seems to be saying exactly where he's going or what time he will be there. Yesterday's local paper says he's going to present a citizenship award to a local but no specifics as to where he plans to appear, whether he's going to AZ or to TX first--no anything.

Today's local paper's front page is about Don Haskins and "Glory Road" and a rather disgusting article about a "Bi-national Bus Route" but nothing whatwoever about the President's visit. The only reason I know he is coming here is because I get a newsletter from Sylvestre Reyes, our Democratic Congressman.

Yesterday's paper had an article that sounded a bit encouraging to those of us who would like to see the flow of illegal immigrants dry up but even that article didn't appear on the front page.

A few weeks ago, Michael Chertoff came to the border to appraise the situation. His visit wasn't announced until after he was gone!

It would seem to me that the single most important issue in a town filled with illegal immigrants and people who don't want them here would be the subject of illegal immigration. Apparently the newspaper doesn't think so. Nor does the televised news since they keep saying they are going to tell us about President Bush's visit to the border "momentarily" and that was fifteen minutes and fifteen stories ago.

Does that disturb anyone but me?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

General Strike

Again and again...study this weapon of social equalization.

If the business of America is business (as Calvin Collidge said) then the only way to get the elites and their paid for hacks is to mess with their meal ticket.

That'd be you and I BTW. cheers glenn

Imagine how far the invasion would go if not for the Web giving us, the common folks, a chance to communicate.

The media tends to ignore us and the peril facing the nation. Not all media but most seem to ignore the problem or whitewash it.

In the Omaha Nebraska area few media report the true story.

Here is ONE of many examples.

Broadcast and print media covered well the reports of the marauding gang of youthful males robbing people on the streets. Guns shown, people robbed, some beaten.

For a couple weeks almost daily another report of the gang pillaging.

Then, a capture. Police apprehend the suspects. Afterwards..... NOT A WORD to be heard. Why?

Well, along with the report of the capture was the brief mention the suspects were recent Sudanese immigrants.

Yes, they were legal. Abruptly thrust from a 3rd-world tribal backwards culture into the USA. The local do-gooders were awash with warm fuzziness over bringing those people into an alien culture.

Because the suspects were immigrants the local media DROPPED the story entirely!!!!! No word about a trial. No mention of sentencing. Nothing.

Yah' see..... immigrants of any type are sacred cows to the Omaha Nebraska media.

Rarely does one hear or read of any mention of a criminal being an illegal. Rarely a brief mention is made of the words heard all-too-often slesewhere: "Suspect believed headed for Mexico."

Those of us from areas with HUGE numbers of illegals are trained via experience to fairly accurately determine who the illegals are. Little clues tend to point them out.

The locally owned media is ruled by an elite class who has the resources to distance themselves from the illegals. And, the elite's incomes are safe from competition by illegals, unlike the majority of America's working poor. Just another clue, to me, that we are engaged in fighting an invasion from the outside while fighting class warfare within. There are MANY reasons for my belief an elite class is our enemy. Census Bureau data, information from various think tanks, opinions of learned people from across the socio-economic and political spectrums.

Sigh..............

Tough times ahead, I believe. If only we could oust the MILLIONS of illegals I believe America's working poor would see an immediate increase in real income and see a decrease in rental cost, making affordable housing a reality for many.

So many facets of the problems facing what I term the "common folks."

Okay..... rant mode over. Back to lurking, reading, absorbing info and data.

Just remember, folks. To convince the average American of pert' near anything you have to appeal to their emotions. Sadly, the average American (all humans, actually) is ruled by their emotions rather than their limited intellect. I refer ye to the many studies showing that the vast majority of Americans do not read, anything, unless required by their job. THe average American is woefully ignorant of any matters they are not directly interested in. For most, the interests trend towards what game is on the TV this weekend and who has a sale at the mall. The "pros" of all stripes know via bountiful research that emotions, not intellect, must be appealed to.

Use facts and data etc. for the small minority with two or more brain cells to rub together. For the rest, tell of illegals raping and killing children, taking American's jobs, etc. Hit the emotions hard to make an impact.

Okay........

Rant AND psychological lesson over.

Carry on

HI obbop !!

Great to hear from you, and what a good lesson you just gave us. Yep, about the emotions, you are oh so right.

That speech and limo trip to the border Monday and Tuesday, did a good job on my emotions. I felt like a category 5 hurricane inside.

Great to hear from you. Yes, we have a lot of work to do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ranting is good for the Cardiovascular system. A lot of us here at ALIPAC should then have good hearts.

Boy--SHOULD WE EVER, COI!!! We can sure rant and rave with the best of 'em! But, what I need to know is what we are going to do about our BLOOD PRESSURE?? I could just FEEL mine SOARING after hearing snippets of Bush's speech yesterday! So, I'm not sure I could agree about ranting helping the cardiovascular system. I felt like I was going to STROKE OUT after hearing that EEJIT!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

obbop, well said!

As for the Pres's visit and speech, I have to remain encouraged by it even as we pick it apart word for word. Not that I believe he has any intention of doing anything but talk. Still, when the highest office in the land actually looks at the border at all, it must be a red-letter day. Up until recently, the entire issue has been avoided or pooh-poohed away as something silly to be concerned about.

I believe that our letters and calls to our Representatives are the reason for the sudden flurry of activity. If we can only keep it going long enough to accomplish something....

Last night's paper carried an article about V. Fox and his reaction to the President's visit to the border. Evidently, Fox has resigned himself to the fact that the president's "infrastructure," which he refuses to call by name, could well become reality. I got the impression that he and Bush cut a private deal which has something to do with those "guest workers." Watch out!

Oh, JJ, you know that is the truth. VF's comments clearly gave me that impression.

Don't let that discourage you. This is YOUR country, it does not belong to GWB and VF. They are taking their positions a little TOO seriously, in my opinion. Americans should never forget that it is suppose to be "by the people, for the people". The president needs a little refresher course in history.

AND WE'RE GOING TO GIVE IT TO HIM FREE OF CHARGE !!

LegalUSCitizen, that we are! I'm just glad that Bush can't even RUN again next time so that we don't have to try to teach one who seems so ineducable.

Yes, but we have THREE more years to go. I had no idea when I put my finger on BUSH-CHENEY on that computer voting machine that it was going to bring me so much extra work to do. I thought they were the "security guys" and I was going to be whistling a happy tune and feeling our children were being protected and we were safer ! I thought I would look like this: . But instead I look like this :

I would have believed it might be this way with John Kerry, but I really was surprised when I found out about what President Bush was SITTING BACK AND ALLOWING TO HAPPEN !!

Three more years ?? I need to hear something funny. If anyone can think of something funny to say..please say it !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast