Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humane Reform

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Humane Reform

http://www.laraza.com/news.php?nid=31689&pag=1

In the debate over immigration reform, there is much discussion of border security, the danger of terrorist infiltration and the economic needs of the private sector which wants to sell at low prices to satisfy consumers.

In these matters immigrants are instruments, whether for contributing to the economy or for scaring the public, what ill-intentioned or ignorant politicians use them for. Little is said about the human aspect of millions of families who, day after day, along with the rest of the Americans, share the joys and sorrows of our country. But they do so with one major difference: they live under the threat of deportation and being victims of the unscrupulous who take advantage of their fragile legal status.

Today’s undocumented are part of our society, in spite of how they are characterized. For example, in the attack on the Twin Towers, the undocumented who were working in the Windows restaurant felt the same desperation as everybody else in the building. The terrorists killed the messenger Juan Ortega and hundreds of immigrants also, part of the over 2,500 victims of the attack. The widow María Flores suffered the same grief as the rest of the victims’ families.

Years later, Hurricane Katrina destroyed much of New Orleans. Once again the undocumented, like the Mexican Tranquilino Jiménez, moved to look for the difficult jobs, paying $12 an hour, which few would take. Today that city has more Hispanics than before, attracted by the jobs. Local employers value their work ethic.

President George W. Bush attended a citizenship ceremony this week, very similar to what the Guatemalan José Gutiérrez would perhaps have wanted to have been a part of. His prior undocumented status did not keep him from feeling patriotic toward his new land, and he was one of the first troops to die in line of duty in Iraq.

Every day there are millions of stories like these, where the undocumented forge for themselves an honorable future. They are part of this society. Are these the people who are to be declared criminals so they can then be persecuted?

We will not tire of repeating this question, because the majority of the House of Representatives believes so. For them there isn’t even a grain of humanity in this discussion, according to the bill they passed which demonizes the undocumented, stripping them of every trace of humanity.

The Senate and the President were quite clear about their disagreement with the inhuman and cruel viewpoint of the House of Representatives. Bush reiterated his support for a temporary workers’ program. The Senate approved the outlines of an immigration reform which recognizes that millions of the undocumented are already part of this land. The work and sacrifice, even the exploitation, should make up for illegal entry.

Besides, the participants in the marches held across the country showed their serious interest in being part of this society. There can be no immigration law without regularization

Besides, the participants in the marches held across the country showed their serious interest in being part of this society. There can be no immigration law without regularization
    I guess I missed the part about them wanting to be part of this society. I must have been blinded by all of the Mexican flags. Or maybe it was the American flags flying upside down.

This is getting old, very old.

Let's talk humane.

How humane is it

For millions of working American households not being able to afford healthcare, certainly not healthcare insurance - when they are being taxed to provide free healthcare for people who are lawbreakers and who are/have flaunted many of our laws - on a daily basis? l

For millions of American children to have their education seriously jeopardized because the resources are being diverted from them to give to the children of said lawbreakers? These lawbreaker's children are getting more education than are America' children at a tremendous cost.

For the elderly in America to have to consider selling their homes because they can no longer afford the criminally escalating property taxes needed to provide for these illegal aliens. These are the people who worked all their lives - whose husbands or children served in the military, may have been wounded for and may have died for this country?

For millions of American children whose very lives are being put at risk at school by being daily exposed to children who might be/and are carriers of devastating and deadly diseases?

For the millions of Americans who get on the streets and roads to go to work each day and are at constant risk of being harmed by a driver who can't read the signs, and carries no insurance to cover his responsiblity should he harm someone? Ask the families of the elderly killed on the bus evacuating them from Houston. They determined if the driver could have read or understood English, he might have been able to avert this catastrophe, but nonetheless didn't charge him!!!!

For the many Americans who have been put out of a job because of the cheap (read that subsidized) labor. Don't talk about jobs 'no one else will do'. Talk about jobs Americans were doing before the flood of illegals?

For the many Americans who might still have a job, but now it pays half what it did before our government allowed the subsidized illegal labor to force the wages down?

For the millions of American young people who will not be able to get a college education because their parents no longer have a decent job, because illegals are a 'minority' group that will get special consideration for not only admission but scholarships and grants? Americans who no longer have a hope of the American dream?

For the many Americans who live their lives in fear everyday because of the hardened criminals who prey on their neighborhoods, or are living in a once clean, safe neighborhood, but now live in a filthy, trash strewn place. . Americans whose biggest investment, a home, is now worthless because of this?

What about the thousands of American soldiers who have died? What about the soldiers who may come home to find their jobs are gone as well as their prospects for another job - filled by illegals. We heard about Juan Ortega - no mention of the Americans.

What about the wounded American vets, past and present who are finding it increasing hard to get the care they need, deserve and were promised - while the 'benefits' and 'compassion' for the illegals get more and more funding?

What about honoring the millions of Americans who came before us - the ones who fought for, bled for, and died for this country? What about the ones through the years who sustained and maintained this country so they could pass it on to their decendents? Now we should hand it to a group who have no respect for it , it laws, or its people?

What about the many Americans who have been robbed, assaulted, raped, molested, and even killed by the criminal element that have come here because our 'humane' treatment of illegals has given them perfect cover for their horrendous deeds? My children live 30 miles from one of the victims of the 'railroad killer' - whose murderous spree was made possible by our 'humane' attitude toward illegals.

What about the many Americans who needed jobs after Katrina and were turned away and denied jobs because the illegal got the jobs - not jobs that no one would take, jobs our government kept them from getting.

What about humane treatment for 280 million Americans and the ones to come after us? What about humane treatment for this great country?

Now let's talk humane - but let's do it truthfully and honestly - not couched in platitudes, half-truths, and untruths.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Bravo nntrixie!

That was a very well-written response.

Because of your quality response, I won't delete this piece of troll-worship.

Humane reform, my aching behind.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Bravo nntrixie!
    That was a very well-written response.
    Because of your quality response, I won't delete this piece of troll-worship.
    Humane reform, my aching behind.
    Why would you think of deleting it anyway? It gives the published La Raza view, and the more we know of their "black is white, up is down" nonsensical arguments the more we know what to answer when the pro-imigration crowd parrots them. Now if a troll was writing this from a personal perspective, that's a bit different.
    Just my opinion. And yes, NNTrixie, that was a wonderful reply to LaRaza, pity they won't see it.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Humane Treatment?

I'm new to this site so I am not really sure who is involved. Are most members native-born Americans? Are most members anti-Bush?
    Why are some flyers written in English and Spanish? Isn't that giving them what they want? I'm not computer literate, so I don't know how to attach one of those cool avatars.

But here's what I want to say: The Catholic Church, in my opinion, should lose its tax-exempt status because of its stance on the issue of illegal immigration. The church supports, encourages, welcomes, assists, takes in, etc., illegals -- and has for decades.

My elderly mother suffered a stroke. The ambulance took her to the local hospital, a hospital originally built and maintained through taxpayers' money -- my mother having been a taxpayer all of her adult life. I was told the hospital had no room for her and that she would have to be transported to another hospital (at least 20 miles away). I asked "Was that because this hospital is now owned by the Catholic church and the beds are full of illegal aliens?" I, of course, received no answer. About 20 minutes later I was told they found a bed for her -- in that very hospital.
    My conclusion, they made room for my elderly and dying mother because I raised a stink about whom they were aiding at my mother's expense.

So who is humane and inhumane? I say the illegals and their supporters are the INHUMANE ones!

American men and women have fought and died to make this world safer. In order to pick the crops during WWII, braceros were allowed in from Mexico. Our people died, their people lied!! Not all returned to Mexico after the war, they stayed here (thus they lied.)

Now, what is a Mexican? Is s/he not a cross between a Spaniard and an Aztec? Doesn't that make them part European? So aren't they telling themselves to return to Europe when they talk about "Europeans Go Home?"

Ok, it's not only illegal Mexican aliens with which I have a problem. ANYONE here illegally should be returned, and their anchor babies with them. Most countries I know about don't make you a citizen just because you're born on their soil. It takes much more to be a citizen of a country than just premeditated birth. And by "premeditated birth" I mean someone who knows that popping out a kid in America makes the kid an automatic citizen and the parents harder to deport. It's premeditated, like the commission of any crime.

Nice to be able to vent with whom I believe are like-minded Americans!
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Banned
    JustSayNo,

I wouldn't have deleted it anyway, I would have made a response that couldn't hold a candle to nntrixie's.

Being as it was the first thing I read this morning, I almost put my coffee cup through my monitor. Sometimes the tripe they put out sends me a little over the edge.

Sorry.

KickEmOut
    Welcome to ALIPAC, it does feel good to get to vent every now and then especially around those who know what you are saying is true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Swtncgram your name comes under mod scrutiny way too often. I would suggest that if you actually wish to be a member of this board that you at least make some comment as to why you keep posting this sort of stuff then running away from the argument. Are you a troll? If you don't have guts enough to stay in the affray, I get the impression that you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

If you can't see that I am against any form of immigration, I don't know why I post the articles and my comments. As anyone can see this was an article from La Raza,,,,knowing my stance on the issue I would have assumed that people would know it and would take it as the other side of the fence on immingration. What I can see, my views are not different than any others on this subject. Are you saying that if someone gives the others sides view on this (not that they or I believe what is said by these people) they are a troll, or a spy? I am sorry for not clarifying myself on this, just thought the people here would assume it was an La Raza view and not mine since I posted the site and if they read other posts they would know how I feel. I hope I have cleared things up. If I will be scrutinized for posting like articles that others are posting maybe it would be best if I excuse myself from this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast