Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hurricane Emily Heads Toward Mexico

Need I say more???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

How fast do you think George's cousin Vinny will be in Washington with his hand out? He has an eye problem, he just can't see dipping into that $102,000,000.00 dollars a day to help his own people. I'd love to see the Mexican farmers chasing him out of Mexico City with pitchforks, running for his life like Mussolini in 1945 and ending up the same way!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Lets wait and see what the figures are on American relief in dollars going to Mexicao for survivers of this unprecedented 5th named storm of the year and the 2nd cat 4 bumping 5 in this month alone. If georgie boy had any sense, he'd be telling the sly fox to open up his pockets and pay for it on his own for a change. Why must our government feel so obligated to sending relief overseas when there is so much to be done here. I mean, I can see sending releif to a country that is really stricken, like Haiti, for example. But Mexico? Why must we pay their bills when they are perfectly capable of carrying their own load? Moochers, I say!!

Impeach the traitor bush now! On grounds that he is no longer fit to be president. On grounds that national security has been put at risk. On grounds of DECEIPT AND LIES. He's a BOTTOM FEEDER!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rock, that really chaps my hide! WE pay the taxes! Below is a repost from a while back but rather poinient here!

As the wages drop due to the over supply of labor willing to work cheaply, the numbers of people able to afford say a $32,000 Chevy Suburban or Tahoe will corrospondingly drop as well. Chevrolet will be log jammed with these vehicles as sales drop. They will slowly layoff their expensive union labor and replace them with non-union "cheap" labor so they can drop the price of the Tahoe. And so on and so on! I posted information about Tyson Chicken placing orders for Illegals to work for them. 1985 meat packer made $15.00, 2005 they make $6.00, has meat prices dropped by the same amount? That could be how the stock market went over 10,000, which also means it's a bubble that can and will burst. It's not a matter of "will it burst", it is "when will it" Burst! CEO's who take a lot of compensation in the form of company stock know this. But if a large number of them started selling off the stock while the market is up, it would create an artificial crash. So how can they take a trillion or two out of the stock market and turn it into cash with out tanking the market. In steps the social security privatization plan, as you buy in, they sell off their stock at top dollar. The market stays stable for now, they get some of their cash out, when it takes a huge dump the tax payer takes the whipping. Good plan......If your them! We budget almost $300 Billion dollars to "give away" in foregin aid, diverting even 15% of this each year to Social Security should make it solvent for a long time to come. Heck its OUR money, why shouldn't it take care of US first! Most likely for the reason stated above!

DON'T buy into the Social Security Privatization Plan, it is just another raping of our society!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

That's exactly what I left unsaid in my post, "Hurricane Emily Heads Toward Mexico"!! Thanks for saying it for me!!!

I agree that we should sit back and watch how much money we start pouring into Amigo's pockets after the hurricane does its thing. And, I agree with you, Defens. We need to put a screeching halt to any and ALL aid to other countries as long as our own country cannot afford to make Social Security solvent. I also think that we should withhold any aid until every person in this country is able to get AFFORDABLE health care.
    We are sending millions to Africa to help with the AIDS epidemic while we have people right here in our own country with NO health care.

I am actually paying 3/4 of my income in health insurance premiums and that is not even a good policy. Just the bare necessity. Don't even get me started on the health care crisis!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Here's a news article on the hurricane.

www.eitb24.com

Hurricane Emily lashed Cancun's white-sand beaches. Thousands of tourists evacuated

The category 4 storm knocked out power and phone service to much of Mexico's famous Riviera Maya coastline.

Hurricane Emily roared over the island of Cozumel early Monday and lashed Cancun's famous white-sand beaches with rain and punishing waves, ripping down billboards and forcing thousands of tourists to evacuate to higher ground.

Packing 135 mph (215 kph) winds, Emily arrived at Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula after sideswiping Jamaica, where four people where swept away in a car. The category 4 storm knocked out power and phone service to much of Mexico's famous Riviera Maya coastline, where tourists rode out the storm in sweltering, makeshift shelters set up in schools and hotel ballrooms.

Mexico's state-owned oil company announced Sunday that two pilots were killed in the Gulf of Mexico when their helicopter was downed by strong winds as they tried to land on an offshore oil rig to evacuate workers.

The craft, operated by a contract company, was part of a fleet of 15 ships and 26 helicopters that was working to transfer 15,500 oil workers to shore before Emily crosses the Yucatan peninsula and heads into the Gulf, likely making landfall again sometime Wednesday, anywhere from northeastern Mexico to southern Texas. The platform evacuations closed 63 wells and halted the production of 480,000 barrels of oil per day.

More than 25,000 tourists moved to shelters

Sunday in Cancun, hundreds of buses moved more than 25,000 tourists to temporary shelters, part of the 57,600 tourists being evacuated statewide from resorts like Tulum, Playa de Carmen and Cozumel, an island famous for its diving. Cancun's airport closed Sunday afternoon after thousands lined up at ticket counters, trying to get flights out before the storm hit. "We're not going to sleep tonight," Cancun Mayor Francisco Alor said.

Hundreds of mostly foreign tourists lay shoulder-to-shoulder on thin foam pads in a sweltering gymnasium near the centre of Cancun. They were given free bottled water and sandwiches, but many gasped when a hard rain rattled the metal roof of the building. "It's hot in here," said Beth McGhee, 46, a tourist from Independence, Missouri. "We feel like we've been kept in the dark until this morning. But we're safe, and that's what's important."

By late afternoon, heavy winds tugged at palm trees and sent the last people at the beach running for their cars. Christopher Espinoza, a 23 Cancun resident, braved howling bursts of wind to look out over the angry waves pounding the Cancun seafront. ``The waves are already starting to take away part of the beach,'' he said. Beach erosion has long been a problem for Cancun, and waves were starting to lap almost at the doorsteps of some hotels.

Four bodies in Jamaica

In Jamaica, searchers on Sunday found the four bodies trapped inside a car, which was filled with mud and other debris, police said. A man, a woman, an infant boy and his 5-year-old sister had been driving through a flooded rural road in southwest Jamaica when a surge of water pushed them over a cliff, police said. The Cayman Islands escaped major damage. The islands and a handful of other Caribbean countries were devastated last year when three catastrophic hurricanes _ Frances, Ivan and Jeanne - tore through the region with a collective ferocity not seen in years, causing hundreds of deaths and billions of dollars in damage.

Cancun's last big evacuation was for Hurricane Gilbert, which killed some 300 people in Mexico and the Caribbean in 1988. But the city and surrounding resort areas had only about 8,000 hotel rooms then. That number has since grown to over 50,000. Storm preparations have also changed, improving with time. "Back in the days of Gilbert, we didn't have prevention or prediction," said Cancun hotel worker Eduardo Gomez. "By the time we heard it was coming, it was already on top of us."

On the island of Cozumel, just south of Cancun, tourists in beach-side hotels were moved to accommodations closer to the centre of the island, which lies almost directly in the hurricane's projected path. Local residents also were expected to flee their homes to some of about 170 schools and community centres. Authorities said they had enough food ready to feed 60,000 to 70,000 people. President Vicente Fox encouraged residents not worry about leaving property and possessions unguarded. ``That's what the army is for,'' Fox said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just emailed them!!!! I asked them what they meant to accomplish with a button like this that had the Mexican flag ABOVE the American flag!!

Defens you talk about Tyson foods...? As a Montana native I can tell you that there was a packing plant in Billings that closed in 1986 or 1987 and I can almost guarantee you that they MAJORITY of the workers at this Pierce Packing Plant were NOT Mexicans or Hispanics! There is a very tiny Hispanic population in Billings but of course even that could be changing since Boise just what 250 miles away now has a Spanish radio station.

I knew a fellow who worked at this plant and lost his job when it closed.

My point is that again, we do not need immigrants to do our jobs IF Americans are properly compensated for their work. Another example, when I went to college I worked part time as a janitor in the Billings US Postal facility. The full time janitors were US Postal employees making around $13 or $14 an hour at that time. 1984 They WERE NOT illegals from Mexico! However, it would not surprise me if a contract company now has that duty and are hiring illegals?

I am an airline employee! The people who cleaned our aircraft were UNION represented up until last year and they earned around $18 an hour after 5 or 10 years of service. The had a retirement and benefits. These US citizens were white, black and Hispanic! With the troubles in the industry, the company eliminated these jobs and went to a contract company to save money which is understandable under the conditions of the industry. Who are the employees of this contract company? IMMIGRANTS from Africa. They are probably LEGAL but did the State Department do a full 10 year background check on these immigrants in their native countries as they are supposed to do? We know many are Islamic. I doubt it greatly! US Embassy personnel live in a compound surrounded by private security guards and that can't know who is who. They let 20 hijackers in for 9-11 did they not?

The stupidity continues with all of this.....but this idea that citizens will not do the work is a bunch of hot air!

some simple advice.....avoid Caribbean travel from June 15th to December 1st except for Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao.....it rains then and you might get a HURRACANE!

Prometheus......you are wrong... we need a strong Mexico where THE PEOPLE have a solid job that pays well. Education for their children and social services. Then they will NOT run to the US. Same thing in Central America or the Dominican Republic. However, why should our standard of living go down HERE to get them that wealth when their corrupted polluted politicians don't care about the people living in shacks and slums?

I do not like Hugo Chavez of Venezuela BUT when he uses oil revenues to help the poor of Venezuela living in ths shacks and slums you have to ADMIRE the guy!

Remember, NAFTA was supposed to STOP illegal immigration with good jobs in Mexico that pay well but the wages have not risen! Would you rather make a dollar an hour in Mexico or $10 doing construction illegally in Atlanta? See my point? It isn't free trade when it is not FAIR trade!

We need Mexicans and Latin Americans to BE HAPPY and well in their own countries so they will not run here and we need someone like TANCREDO to say to FOX TAKE CARE OF YOUR POOR AND DON'T DUMP THEM ON US! The Mexican politicians from corrupted families have been dumping their poor on us for too long!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast