Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am tired

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

I'd empty our prisons of US citizens and accept most of them in the US military before I'd take an illegal alien.
    I have always been in favor of this one. In fact, during the Vietnam war, it was very common for judges to give someone a choice of a long prison sentence or a tour in Vietnam. That was quite an incentive to not get in trouble. We also gave the same offer of a Vietnam tour to those who dropped out of school and those who didn't want to go to college.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I remember those days well, bigtex. When I was in college, one of the mandatory requirements was a course in Western Civ. It was designed to get young male college students to flunk out. Exams consisted of questions like: did this happen on May 12, 1720 or Nov. 17, 1721. I nearly flunked that as the textbook was putting me to sleep every time I tried to study. I remember zero, zilch what the whole course was about, so I am sure it made a huge difference in my life.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex

I'd empty our prisons of US citizens and accept most of them in the US military before I'd take an illegal alien.
    I have always been in favor of this one. In fact, during the Vietnam war, it was very common for judges to give someone a choice of a long prison sentence or a tour in Vietnam. That was quite an incentive to not get in trouble. We also gave the same offer of a Vietnam tour to those who dropped out of school and those who didn't want to go to college.
    Makes sense doesn't it? It helps the prisoners, helps their families, helps the military and helps society. While it's different now since we don't have the draft, I think the military should go recruiting at our prisons and jails. We have 800,000 people locked up for non-violent drug charges rotting away for no good reason in my view. The military should look into cutting some deals with the states and feds on some of these prisoners and get them out of prison and into a military career. A lot of these prisoners are young, too, looking for some direction, some guidance, some discipline, a future that some military experience could provide them.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Makes sense doesn't it? It helps the prisoners, helps their families, helps the military and helps society. While it's different now since we don't have the draft, I think the military should go recruiting at our prisons and jails. We have 800,000 people locked up for non-violent drug charges rotting away for no good reason in my view. The military should look into cutting some deals with the states and feds on some of these prisoners and get them out of prison and into a military career. A lot of these prisoners are young, too, looking for some direction, some guidance, some discipline, a future that some military experience could provide them.
    It makes perfect sense to me.
    Certified Member

It makes perfect sense to me.
    It does, doesn't it? Maybe someone in the military will read our posts and suggest it to the high-ups in our Defense Department.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It does, doesn't it? Maybe someone in the military will read our posts and suggest it to the high-ups in our Defense Department.

Judy, I think all of these kids that don't feel an education is needed and just want to hang out on the streets causing trouble and dealing drugs should be shuttled right into the military as well. Go to school and get educated or go to the military and learn how to defend this country.
    Certified Member

Judy, I think all of these kids that don't feel an education is needed and just want to hang out on the streets causing trouble and dealing drugs should be shuttled right into the military as well. Go to school and get educated or go to the military and learn how to defend this country.
    Yep ... something needs to be done to help them. I'd like to legalize/regulate/tax under the FairTax the illegal drug trade so we can get contained within our borders, have it run by licensed professional US citizens, regulate it, tax it, get it out of the neighborhoods, off the streets and put the gangs and cartels out of the business. Then these kids that live in these horrible gang and drug cartel controlled neighborhoods would have a chance. I don't even know with some the conditions in these neighborhoods, they could make it to a Army Recruiting Station alive at this point, too many can't even make it home from school alive.

What's going on in some of these neighborhoods in 230 American Cities where foreign drug cartels have set up shop and taken over is sooo bad it's almost beyond our comprehension to understand what these kids are going through every single day of their little lives. It's not right and needs to grind to a halt.

But I totally agree with you that the military offers these young people an enormous opportunity. Unfortunately we don't have enough military requirements to take them all. There are millions and millions of these kids.

It's so tragic, and it's clear our governments, federal and state, could care less.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123