Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I did it legaly, why can't they?

My wife is a legal immigrant, she and I went through all the proper procedures and spent around $600. She also has several friends that are legal immigrants and they're all very upset with this, it just isn't fair to let these illegal immigrants do anything else but GO HOME!

One of my wife's friends went through all kinds of trouble to get her work permit. She was here as a legal immigrant for 3 years without having permission to work because the INS kept loosing her paper work, yet these illegal immigrants just come her and start working, yea, real fair.

Now they want amnesty, I'm just steaming mad about this!

What really gets me is they are willing to work for a portion of what a job should pay. I lived in Michigan for 40 years, when I was in high school I knew many kids that made good money picking fruit in the fall. Then the migrant workers started coming here and worked for a small portion of what these high school kids were getting. Say bye bye to all those good jobs for the students. If a farmer could hire a migrant worker for $2 a day or a high school kid for $3.60 to $5.00 an hour, who do you think the farmer is going to hire? It might have been good for the consumer if the prices reflected the farmers new picking costs, but they didn't. The farmers kept charging the same prices as before and kept the extra money.

Next thing you know, there not going back when the harvest season is over, there staying here illegally and taking other jobs away from American workers. Mostly I see them working construction, hanging drywall, again for just a portion of the normal pay. Again, housing costs didn't go down, contractors just pocketed the extra money.

Here in America, people have a dream of someday owning a home to raise a family, a home of their own. The illegal immigrants are willing to live 5 families in a house, because it's better than where they came from.

In summery, there taking our jobs and our way of life.
    "The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem." -Milton Friedman

Welcome Bryan

I know how you and your wife Feel. My lovely little wife is also an Immigrant. What the Politicians are doing is nothing more then spitting in our faces. There Spitting in us American citizens with legal Immigrant spouses. There Spitting and slapping the faces of our Immigrant spouses.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Quote Originally Posted by Scubayons
    Welcome Bryan

I know how you and your wife Feel. My lovely little wife is also an Immigrant. What the Politicians are doing is nothing more then spitting in our faces. There Spitting in us American citizens with legal Immigrant spouses. There Spitting and slapping the faces of our Immigrant spouses.
    I ALSO know how you feel. IT SUCKS my LONG TIME BOYFRIEND not married well because we are saving money to get married but we have children together. He's from nicaragua. He's legal Been here since he was 10 he's 30 now.

DONE EVERYTHING LEGALLY but had to wait five yaers after receiving all his legal docs to apply to become a US Citizen. THIS is the fifth year. BUT with all this BS he has to wait even LONGER. He graduated college BACHLORS degree in computer science and wants to apply to become a police officer BUT cant cause of this CRAP. THATS HOW LONG HES BEEN IN THE SYSTEM. HE DID IT LEGALLY HE PAID WHY?? is the question..

AND it sucks He is a good man and has ONLY known the USA all of his life. NOW he wants to be a police officer. AND NOW has to be put on hold BECAUSE they want to BUMP illegals to the first of the line. Im FIGHTING for my country and i fight for him.