Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

After a fall like that it's going to take awhile to heal... It's going to be worse in the mornings after laying down all night. Thank goodness you were able to walk out of the emergency room. Hope you start feeling better soon. Take care, we will be thinking about you!

My Grand Mother told me that back in the days of slavery you didn't have your slaves do any jobs that were dangerous like breaking horses.

Slaves were very expensive and it was cheaper to hire a white guy for a buck a week or what ever the rates were at the time.

I hope you get to feeling better soon MinutemanCDC_SC.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Looking on the bright side, I noticed that the ER waiting room was sparsely occupied at 2PM. Maybe it was just the time of day, but a few months ago, ER waiting was packed with you know who, from you know where. Yesterday, the only Hispanic / Mexican / Latino I saw in the ER was a nurse.

And I was glad she was there. I'm sure she is "essential personnel" now.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

JAK
    When I use to have to go the the clinic...it was 98% with what seemed to me to be illegals. Most of them spoke spanish NOT English! I also have to wonder how many things are overlooked or should I say looked the other way when it comes to the documentation they are suppose to have to sign up!!!! My intuition tells me ...that this .... like everything else concerning illegal aliens VS American Citizens... it is a double standard!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Minuteman....

So sorry for you. As has been stated, misery doesn't love company

I too had a fractured vertebrae. Fortunately, my husband does have insurance and after four months of agony, and two sciatica shots which did nothing from the Primary (didn't speak clear English), finally went to a place call Center for Bone and Joint Disease; clear English speaking doctor! They had me get an MRI which indicated the fracture as well as it was accompanied by Sacrolitis. Two separate things going on.

I couldn't determine the fractured Vertebrae specifically as the Sarolitis was so painful, it just took over everything in the pain department.

Anyway, then I was scheduled for a fitting for that "brace" which was probably what your doctor meant. Had to wear that for three months. It definitely wasn't a fashion statement by a long shot. I cinched it up tightly and the contraption had metal pipes of some kind in the back.

Point being, keep your back as straight as possible and immobile as possible. If you do not have insurance, perhaps you could afford one of those lifting supports without the shoulder straps (they can be moved higher or lower than the waist area) and be innovative with a couple of padded metal pipes under it (for lack of a better description at the moment) and rig up that type of support. Perhaps a couple of copper tubes? Maybe even strong wooden dowels?

As was said above, no lifting and especially no twisting. Good advice up there. Heat & Cold is good. Just keep yourback as immobile and straight as you can.

You don't sleep in the brace, but wear it throughout the day.

I was told it would heal itself in time. After the three months passed, the x-ray showed it had mended itself. For the Sacrolitis, an epidural worked.

Hope this has been somewhat helpful for you. And above all, hope you heal and that some innovative idea will help alleviate some of your pain.

Again, I am so sorry for your misery. I do so hope you will be mending and can in some way rig up something to keep that back straight.
    I will pray for you.

Scept

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    I had a cousin who was 1 can short a six-pack in the common sense department. He was up in a tree sawing a large limb...........he was sawing between himself and trunk of the tree!

He sawed through enough that the limb broke, he fell and broke his neck. Died instantly. leaving behind a wife and 5 kids.

He too had a spotter, who obviously wasn't paying attention, or had about the same amount of common sense as George!
    Sad story, I feel bad for his wife and kids.

I hope you're doing better MinutemanCDC_SC.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Minuteman...I'm very sorry about your "mishap". I hope you feel better soonl

Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123