Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

agree this Sheriff is awesome, but the myth "Jobs Americans Won't Do"
    Of the 10.3 million illegal aliens in America, illegal aliens represent only 4.3% of of the workforce.

I'm sorry but that's just not much of the workforce.

These statistics are taken from Pew.

Sheriff Joe rocks!! I dunno about the illegal immigration part, but I hope its not true as this guys is one dedicated cop ... something like 40 years working in the Maricopia County Sheriff's Office and holding every rank in the 2,300 member force.

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    I would be the FIRST to slam this guy, if he turns out to be supporter of illegal immigration!

In the mean time, I have to laugh:

It's 120 degrees in Iraq and our soldiers are living in tents too, and they have to wear full battle gear, but they didn't commit any crimes, so shut your damned mouths!"
    I have only one problem with this. In the cases of prisoners who have been convicted, I have no issue with it, but we recently had a number of people locally who wanted to remove air conditioning from our local jail.

Our jail is solid concrete prefabbed cubes.. without air conditioning it would be unbelievably hot.. which would not be such a problem for me except that at any given time, about 3/4 of those inside are men who have NEVER BEEN CONVICTED OF ANYTHING and are awaiting trial. Not all who are held awaiting trial are guilty men.

Let me clarify something

I put this on the discussion board not because it had anything to do with illegal aliens, it doesn't. I posted it becuase I was glad to see someone with the guts to treat lawbreakers as the criminals they are. I am sick to death of the mollycoddeling (not sure how to spell that) that criminals get. They break the law and have a better life than people who are NOT criminals. Granted, they have given up their freedom, but they won't have to worry about where the next meal is coming from, being to cold or hot, medical and dental care, bills, and have a roof ever their head! With treatment like this, what deterent is there to keep them from committing crimes? You may as well just slap them on the wrist! It would have about the same effect.

That is why I posted this. I guess what I am getting at is people have got to take responsibility for their actions and the H _ _ _ with the politically correct crap. All it is is a way to try and make the population feel guilty for a lot of things they should not feel guilty for in the first place.
    Just a little discussion piece.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

This was SO worthy of posting and fits perfectly here..in that criminals are often treated with more respect than law abiding American citizens.

I spent some time working with low income, center city, senior citizens a few years ago. I will NEVER forget how terribly some of them suffered. Little or no heat in winter, no A/C in summer, with many subsisting on a diet that NONE of us could ever imagine. Despite these horrific conditions the majority of these folks complained mostly of lonliness.

How ironic is it that these same senior citizens would thrive...if only they could trade their living space with that of the typical, convicted U.S. prisoner?

I don't know about this guy's stance on illegals, but he has got the solution to crime and punishment in this country, buttoned up and hog tied.

If every jail was like his, I will bet you that the crime rate would drop 50% overnight...
    When we gonna wake up?

Way to go, Sheriff Arpaio!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    I don't know about this guy's stance on illegals, but he has got the solution to crime and punishment in this country, buttoned up and hog tied.

If every jail was like his, I will bet you that the crime rate would drop 50% overnight...
    I can't see this man being for anything ILLEGAL, including ILLEGAL ALIENS. He has been a cop all of his LIFE and seems to be a hard row to hoe.
    I bet several of his "guest" are illegal aliens and are on those chain gangs.
    I also venture that once they having done their time, he deports them, given he is in Arizona.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Crackbone Wrote:

The trouble here is exactly the same. Republican propagandists rail against or embrace political issues that they're sure will please the Republican constituency. And we all know what the Republican Party has become (I hope).
    And the Democrats don't???
    When we gonna wake up?

I personally don't feel any sympathy for those being held in jail. Personally I don't see the need for cable TV. Instead of cable, I think there should be VDO tapes of obeying the law and the consequences for not obeying it. An alternative tape could be of people on vacation in paradise spots of the world.

If the people in jail or prison don't like the accomodations, they don't have to come back for another tour of duty. Jails and prisons were never meant to be fashioned after the Ritz-Carlton.

I can still remember road repair crews in NC being maned by prisoners. This was a good thing of course. They got their exercise without the use of basketball courts or weightlifting equipment. Thanx to the NC legislatures, this is no longer the case. What a group.......

This is the same group that refuses to crack down on illegals being issued drivers licenses. What a group........

Some of them must belong to the ACLU.......

I want to thank those legislatures that want our laws respected and enforced. Too bad our laws have been watered down to the point that they no longer don't mean a whole lot anymore.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12