Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I finally got to watch the Hazelton Lou Dobbs special

It seems like the pro-illegal side has something in common with the illegals:

The inability to wait their turn for anything - standing up and screaming their points rather than waiting for their time to speak. Just like crossing the border, rather than wait their turn they selfishly cut in front of other decent immigrant people for their own selfish needs.

And how about the lack of emotional control of these people? God, get a grip for the sake of a tv program. Very emotionally unstable people. Lou did a great job, except for the english-only ordinances. He should have replied with a Tyra Banks style "SO WHAT"!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Lou is also on 60 minutes tonight, should be interesting!
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

The inability to wait their turn for anything - standing up and screaming their points rather than waiting for their time to speak. Just like crossing the border, rather than wait their turn they selfishly cut in front of other decent immigrant people for their own selfish needs.

And how about the lack of emotional control of these people? God, get a grip for the sake of a tv program. Very emotionally unstable people. Lou did a great job, except for the english-only ordinances. He should have replied with a Tyra Banks style "SO WHAT"!
    TCG, yes, I agree.

I saw Lou Barletta on Lou Dobb repeat tonight & then
    watched the 60 Minutes profile.

I think the OBL should keep talking. The more they rant & rave
    the more people realize how unreasonable their demands are
    & how far they are from other civil rights advocates. Did you
    catch the part where the loud mouth lady said Mayor Barletta hadn't
    taught anyone English & the mayor replied that the budget for
    ESL had increased from a few thousand to over 1 million $ in
    a few years!?!?! Also, the tax base had not increased even though
    the population had risen dramatically??!?!

I found the Hazleton/Lou Dobbs special at this link in case anyone didn't get to see it.

http://www.lawatchdog.com/

TCG, don't forget they all think we're racist xenophoebes too!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

There is a temptation we have ashuman beings to use a forum for political to increase the feelng of connectedness with people who share our own views. Instead of making ourselves feel warm we need to think of who it is we are trying to influence and engage them in a way that they can understand. The people at the Lou Dobbs event in Hazelton from the amnesty support side missed that and instead supported each other in a way that showed their own assumption of superiority over their opponents. It turned off most of the audience.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by dem4labor

TCG, yes, I agree.

I saw Lou Barletta on Lou Dobb repeat tonight & then
    watched the 60 Minutes profile.

I think the OBL should keep talking. The more they rant & rave
    the more people realize how unreasonable their demands are
    & how far they are from other civil rights advocates. Did you
    catch the part where the loud mouth lady said Mayor Barletta hadn't
    taught anyone English & the mayor replied that the budget for
    ESL had increased from a few thousand to over 1 million $ in
    a few years!?!?! Also, the tax base had not increased even though
    the population had risen dramatically??!?!
    Yes I did see that - I caught the last 1/2 of the program. I guess it's the Mayors financial responsibility to teach people english...or better yet it's the american taxpayers financial responsibility. How about they get a book with a CD and teach themselves? I'm teaching myself another language that way and the program only cost around $30. But I guess that is what a self-sufficient person would do.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

You know, when I was growing up I went to school with quite a few kids whose parents were immigrants, and they always translated for their parents.

If these people have the anchor babies, why not let them translate for their parents? If they live largely in communities made up of their own nationality, surely some of them speak English. Why don't they help "their people" by translating for them, or teaching them English for free? As in, "no cost to anyone".

When did it become the burden of the American taxpayers over the years for us to translate everything for them?

The one thing that wasn't discussed was the fact that illegal aliens should not be entitled to social benefits. That distinction was not made as far as I can tell.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NotGoingToTakeItAnymore Said:

Why don't they help "their people" by translating for them, or teaching them English for free?
    It seems that they will not help each other unless there's something in it for them. Now granted there are people also like that who are Americans, but the difference is there are tons of Americans who volunteer to help others and also donate a ton to charity.

When was the last time you heard of a group of these illegal aliens volunteering to clean up a neighborhood or pick up a park? You haven't because they are not here to be an American or be generous like Americans, but to take, take, TAKE whatever they can and horde it. Something I'm sure they learned from the countries they came from and this is one of the reasons their countries will never improve.

Talk about the "me generation"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast