Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

He's not well, you can see it. He moves very stiffly and looks tired.
    Another thought - that wife of his as first lady is a pathetic thought!

This campaign has been and will be hard on him, physically and mentally. He may not last the entire 4 years, if elected. Also, if a pres has illness or surgery, doesn't the vp assume command?

I'd really have to think about this.

The other night O'Reilly mentioned something about Romney being mcamnestys vp, this was the night before Romney withdrew. He also said he didn't think huck had a chance. I sort of blew it off, but you never know. How accurate is O'Reilly on things like this?

I doubt that I would vote for McCain even if Romney was his choice for Vice-President.As Vice President he would have very little influence over McCain and would have to endorse and carry out any amnesty-visa-guess worker plan pushed by then President McCain.I doubt that McCain could beat any Democrat at this point anyway in all honesty.The majority of conservatives just will not support McCain IMHO.They (we) have been burned too many times by his "maverick" stands in the senate.I was a Romney supporter after Tancredo dropped out and feel very bad about his suspending his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    McC needs to clairify beyond a doubt that no amnesty does not mean they get a path to citizenship in any way , shape or form ,
    But McCain will never agree to this. He's made it quite clear his non-amnesty [amnesty] plan = includes a pathway after IAs pay a measly, uncollectable fine and a spout a few words of English.

And I doubt he'll pick Romney. It's obvious McCain, like mancrush Huckabee, has an animus towards Romney.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Pretty close to the answers I expected

While I do want to support a conservative Nom

McCain isnt' it

azwreath wrote:
    Here's what I'm driving at.........McCain is not only old, there is clearly something else wrong.
    Intuition tells me too there is something VERY wrong with McCain. He doesn't have the nomination yet.

Nothing but negative statements about McCain on CNN this evening and how he was boo-ed during his speech. And how conservatives oppose McCain and split the party.
    I doubt McCain could beat Hillary or Obama in the first place based on the numbers of Democratic/Republician votes in the primaries. One primary nearly had 2 democrat votes for every 1 republican vote.

If McCain is the nominee and becomes president, the VP position is important because am sure he would be impeached if he doesn't resign for health problems.

He who falls in love with himself will have no rivals.
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    McC needs to clairify beyond a doubt that no amnesty does not mean they get a path to citizenship in any way , shape or form ,
    But McCain will never agree to this. He's made it quite clear his non-amnesty [amnesty] plan = includes a pathway after IAs pay a measly, uncollectable fine and a spout a few words of English.

And I doubt he'll pick Romney. It's obvious McCain, like mancrush Huckabee, has an animus towards Romney.
    I have to agree with you completely

I just saw Newt on O'Reilly and he said unless something on the Repub side seriously changes in the next few months , we are going to lose

Now thats fine with me , I fully expect to lose because I can never support McCain

the guy is a serious whack job

He is very ill - mentally and physically.

I guess we can just sit back and watch him blow up.

You know hillary or osama will rake him over the coals in a debate, and be ruthless campaigning against him. I wonder if he can stand up to that.

Rush mentioned this morning that it would be easier for Republicans in Congress to oppose a Dem prez than McCain. This is a good point that I have mentioned before.

And he hit hard on the fact that we have to "limit the damage" over the next 4 years be creating a "bulwark" of conservative Congressional members & in the state legislatures.

Banned
    Some of us have speculated that if he got in there that it would be a cakewalk for Hillary

I really don't think America would take a chance on this lunatic

For what it's worth, I still think over the next 9 months we should at least try to wring specific concessions from McCain regarding border security, 854 miles of fencing etc.

That's why it's important that radio hosts like Mark Levin, Kevin James etc. don't immediately (like they're not) jump on the McCain bandwagon. If they do, they and real conservatives lose their negotiating leverage.

Too bad the Hugh Hewitt, a GOP party guy and former Romney supporter, has already caved and is pushing McCain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast