Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have an idea,if you are tired of seeing spanish everywhere

Today I went to Blockbuster video...I go a few time a week as we have their online service. Anyways, today I noticed the door in and out were written in spanish as well as English. It's probably been that way for a while, but today I noticed it, maybe I'm more sensitive to these things now and not going to just close my eyes to them anymore. So anyways, I decided I'd write Blockbuster and tell them that I am offended that they are using spanish in their stores in the USofA. I said that if their spanish speaking friends can't figure out how to walk into the store or exit the store, isn't it time they learned English? I know, juvenile, but I feel better,lol. So I was thinking, when we come across companies in our daily outings in our little American home towns that cater to the spanish speaking population, why don't we come here and list a link to contact them and complain about it?
    Here's Blockbusters contact info if your done contacting your senators, because of course that's top priority!

http://www.blockbuster.com/help/contactUs
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

I have seen so many things that are now written in both languages not just in/out on doors but, on products on the shelves as well. My answer is to call the companies like you've said. I personally am not as kind as you as my complaint is " If you can't figure out how to get in and out of the store maybe you shouldn't leave the house without a crash helmet and safety goggles!" I know people who are illiterate (really) and they can figure out that the 4-pack of little rolls of white paper is toilet paper! You can't tell me Spanish-speakers can't. GoDawgs, you are right we all need to make our voices heard to the pandering companies too.

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

Re: I have an idea,if you are tired of seeing spanish everyw

LMAO... I hear ya loud and clear.. !

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs
    I said that if their spanish speaking friends can't figure out how to walk into the store or exit the store, isn't it time they learned English? I know, juvenile,

http://www.blockbuster.com/help/contactUs
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

LOL ..

How true that is... tambien.. LMAO..

Hey.. if I know Spanish.. HERE.. then they CAN learn.. Geese! ... [I volunteered my time tutoring ESL]

Which brings up the 'driving in the USA if ya don't know English' argument.. DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbaby
    " If you can't figure out how to get in and out of the store maybe you shouldn't leave the house without a crash helmet and safety goggles!"
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Banned
    would you believe the whole country, is more sensitive to these things.

I wish once, I could put together a toy at Christmas, that i didn’t have to flip the instruction sheet around to read them.
    You want to know a good one, we sent back 500 new work shirts for our company last week cause the tags said made in Mexico
    My printer lost here mind, she needs to get it back so the guys can get the stuff.
    But I’m on your side on this one. English only in the states any thing, any time, any reason unless your just visiting then I loved to learn that way of speaking, so we can talk

I keep knocking signs down - ANY products in spanish - gets knocked over too - I'm so clumbsy...

My silly little clumbsy game - try it in a store near you!

When they ask what happened - say - I dunno - I don't speak spanish...

Yep - I'm a jerk - 40 year old KID... but in the end - the spanish products are on the floor and someone being paid by the sell out americans running these stores has to spen time pickin them up - OR mopping if I'm lucky and really clumbsy...

I'm such a clutzzzzzz

I went to a soccer game last night & there was a bilingual sign for
    parking! It just hacked me off. How in the heck can you get a
    driver's license if you cannot understand 'parking' in English. Opps,
    forgot this is NC, the land of the free DL.

Home Depot and Lowes seem to have forgotten what country their stores are in. But then it's the same old story of most corporations in our country caring more about how much money they can make than how the silent majority feels shopping in their stores. I resent it so much I have sent both stores letters, and shop at my local family owned English only True Value store. The prices and selection can't compete with the "big guys" but I gladly pay the extra amount to shop where I feel like I'm apreciated for being an American and am helping support American workers and business owners. Now why can't we all do that? Boycott bilingual companies and contract with American English speaking companies that don't hire illegals!
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace