Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

jjmm, your post concerns me. I am currently in ultrasound school but looked at nursing. I continued to read posts in several nursing forums and it just scared me to no end what they have to deal with on a day to day basis. I chose NOT to go into nursing and I was fortunate to get into the ultrasound program. But now that I am in clinics and working in hospitals, I am seeing the ravage of free healthcare on our hospitals. Day after day, I see hords of illegals in waiting rooms and emergency rooms. Several people I have scanned can't even speak English and we can't figure out their clinical history if there are no medical notes.

I know if I had an emergency I know I would not get care if I don't show my insurance card, I would be turned away or billed for the full amount and would HAVE to pay it but illegals get automatic free healthcare that I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR WHEN I GET OUT OF SCHOOL!! We are all working our you know whats off to pay for illegals. There will be nothing left by the time alot of us retire.

I wish there was something drastic we as Americans can do.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

It is sickening what is happening throughout the country to our medical facilities/hospitals due to illegals.

"Is Lou Dobbs right when he says that close to 80 hospitals in California have been closed down because of the illegals, or is he lying?"

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-11- ... a-mexican/

"The annual cost for uncompensated emergency care to Mexican Border States (California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas) is $200 million. California taxpayers paid $79 million for illegal alien health care. Four major Los Angeles hospitals were bankrupted and shut down in 2004. Texas paid $74 million. Georgia ran a $63 million deficit for 64,000 unpaid doctor visits in 2002. Cochise County, Arizona spent 30% of its annual budget on uncompensated care to illegal aliens. University Medical Care in Tucson, Arizona spent $10 million on uncompensated care to illegal aliens. 77 hospitals in the four Border States now face financial emergencies. Legal citizens are forced to fly emergency patients to other cities for treatment. Taxes are going up to compensate.

Meanwhile, as a result of the Federal Emergency Medical Act, Mexican ambulance drivers are transporting hospital patients unable to pay for medical care in Mexico to facilities in the United States. The ambulances are driving through unguarded potions of the border with "little resistance" at the instruction of Mexican officials."

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/deweese092207.htm

What makes me so sad is when an elderly American citizen comes in for care and then they have to share a room with one of these people and their umpteen million family members, all making a racket and staying and wandering in and out of the room. Here are these Americans, many WWII vets, or just Americans who have worked all their lives here, paid into the system, and now at the time when they are due their care, they have to share it with this.
    I AM ONE OF THOSE AMERICAN PATIENTS you talk about. Perhaps not so "elderly", but old enough to have earned decent hospital care.

I have had to share rooms with these illegal aliens. I can tell you from experience that these family members do make alot of racket and wander in and out of the rooms 24/7.

Some of these "family members" would literally take food and drinks off of my tray and share them with each other. I'm not kidding. I was using a trach and couldnt talk, so no one knew about it.

My phone was always used by these "members" and I couldnt hear my tv because of the loud foreign yapping going on. It was like they were having a party or family reunion.

Whenever my husband asked for a private room, we would get one. But the hospital couldnt keep private rooms long because all hospitals just dont have rooms enough to hold all the REAL PAYING AND INSURED PATIENTS anymore.

jjmm, thank you for all you do. The nurses in the hospital where I stayed were all wonderful. I owe my life to them.

RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Of course the government elites who have allowed this to happen to our healthcare system, NEVER have to put up with this kind of garbage for their healthcare like the rest of us do!

Just wait until there is a doctor, nurse, or other medical profession shortage because of this. Plenty of doctors enter the field of medicine to make a lot of money, so if this is effecting their income, or conditions within hospital infrastructures continue to deteriorate, it won't be long before word gets out from the domino effect, and people choose other professions!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamtnwoman
    Just wait until there is a doctor, nurse, or other medical profession shortage because of this. Plenty of doctors enter the field of medicine to make a lot of money, so if this is effecting their income, or conditions within hospital infrastructures continue to deteriorate, it won't be long before word gets out from the domino effect, and people choose other professions!
    I have several family members in the heath field. There is a shortage but not because people don't want to become doctors or nurses but because there aren't' enough people in nursing and medical school. Nursing schools have a hard time finding professors and medical training takes so long we it will be nearly a decade before we see the new grads they just accepted. That is why we are importing nurses and doctors from third world countries such as the Phillipnes, India, and Africa.

My brother the OBL liberal is a doctor in California and his wife is a nurse there. My nephew just entered medical school and he told me something starling. Medical students tend to be much much much more liberal than the average person. You are a dying breed of patriot jjmm, a patriotic nurse is hard to find. Most in my area are foreigners. Most medical personnel are very liberal and you can bet they will fight to keep the illegals in our hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinamtnwoman
    I have several family members in the heath field. There is a shortage but not because people don't want to become doctors or nurses but because there aren't' enough people in nursing and medical school. Nursing schools have a hard time finding professors and medical training takes so long we it will be nearly a decade before we see the new grads they just accepted. That is why we are importing nurses and doctors from third world countries such as the Phillipnes, India, and Africa.

My brother the OBL liberal is a doctor in California and his wife is a nurse there. My nephew just entered medical school and he told me something starling. Medical students tend to be much much much more liberal than the average person. You are a dying breed of patriot jjmm, a patriotic nurse is hard to find. Most in my area are foreigners. Most medical personnel are very liberal and you can bet they will fight to keep the illegals in our hospitals.
    At least they grin and pretend to be.

How many people are really long hairs but hiding under a short haircut?

Then again, maybe we did grow out of it.

bettsie,

They keep telling us they have no teachers, but if that's so, why are we training the foreigners?...

I'm a nurse, but I'm not liberal. And all the nurses I know have to keep their mouths shut or lose their jobs.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

And if you really want to get P.O.ed, illegals are referred to further treatment immediately because they have no insurance. Our people are referred to out-patient services first until they get too sick and THEN they're referred to further care.

Wanna get a little more P.O.ed? Medicare and Medicaid are initiating a regulation that's been on the books for several years and are starting to put liens on houses of people who die who have received benefits. I know of a man whose wife just died of cancer. They've put a lien against his house and now he doesn't know where he's going to live. He's in his 70s.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast