Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: I Just Returned From The Border! My Experience w/ Minute

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO GO TO THE BORDER, WHETHER IT'S IN TEXAS, ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO, CALIFORNIA, OR CANADA!!!!! If my friend and I could make the two day drive from Baltimore, you can certainly go for a day or two, or a week...especially if you live in one of the border states. It's good to donate to the Minutemen and ALIPAC with your money...very good...but now take the extra step and volunteer to go to the border. It will open your eyes! And, you'll meet some of the most interesting, down-to-earth people ever. You CAN make a difference. Make it a priority. We as Americans need to stand up for what is right, and you can do that THIS MONTH. Don't wait! Do it now!

The Ostrich
    Alexandria, VA
    PS: This was written from my point of view only, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the MCDC or ALIPAC or any other organization.
    Ostrich- I am a MM from MA and went to AZ for three days. Like you, the trip there and back takes so long that I could only spend three days on the line. But, I have to say it was well worth the trip!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

JustSayNo--"too politically correct IMHO"

Well, the issue on the Canadian Border isn't Canadians. It's other people who are using the Canadian Border to enter the United States. It would need to be a much smaller force but there are tunnels; smuggling; terrorists; etc. entering the US through the Canadian Border...asians, arabs, muslims, russians...etc., etc., etc.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Man, your a freaking hero! To travel all that way to help protect our borders! WOW Most American can't even click thier mouse of pick up the damm phone.

I live in LA and was seriously thinking of moving back to Chicago, one of the main reasons for wanting to leave is being too close to the border. Funny thing is that now that I'm pretty much dedicated to doing whatever I can to stop the illegal invasion, a bigger reason for me to stay is that I'm close to the border.

I'll be heading down to Campo in about 10 days, even got my boss to subsidize it by paying me for the Friday I'm going to take off.
    - Joe
    Illegal Aliens have one right in the United States, the right to leave.

Hey Ostrich, I just missed you. I got there the next week. Did you get to do "Ranch Cleanup" while you were there? We had 2 pickup truck beds full of trash (not small pickups either) from about 3 hours of work. Spotted 3 illegals walking down the road while driving between ranches. They must have been in bad shape to take the risk of getting out on the road in broad daylight.

I wasn't there for the ranch cleanup during the day, although I helped out on that particular night by deploying with everyone else . Looking back on it, I wish I could've helped with the ranch cleanup.

Any more sightings while you were there?

Thank you for going down there, by the way.

Ostrich

As far as the minutemen are concerned, I honestly believe we should all get behind those who would like to go and volunteer but cannot afford to. To be a Minuteman means to be a volunteer. Since most legal and law-abiding citizens in this country work to win their bread for themselves and their families, it can be prohibitive.

I've had the same problem. Actually, in my case - I lost my employment back in December of 2005. I was a night maintenance worker at our local Wal-Mart supercenter. Suddenly, one day I was told I was being "let go". When I asked the manager why, he just gave me the reason "administrative reasons". I pressed for a more realistic explanation but he reminded me that, when I filled out my application, it says I agreed that I could be let go with no further explanation.

Within just three weeks afterwards, I went in there one night and noticed that they had also gotten rid of a couple of others who I used to work with. In our places were three newly hired hispanic individuals. (Note: I am NOT saying this as a racist thing at all - a hispanic is just that - of hispanic heritage).

Well, in the Summer of 2005 we had a meat packing plant here in Gering Nebraska close down. They had approximately 1,200 workers in that plant - and I would PAY someone good money if they could come out of there and tell me they found just one worker who was other than hispanic. This simply wasn't the case.

The packing company released all of those individuals out into our workforce here. Since then - guess what! I have NOT been able to get employed - anywhere. I've been spending several hours a day putting in applications, but there are simply way too many competitors for our jobs here and I get passed up for those who offer cheaper labor.

And, of course, I'm not the only one experiencing these difficulties.

I'm not telling all of you this for it to turn into a sob story. The reason I've mentioned this is that since I have been personally harmed by this entire illegal immigration thing (in fact, our whole rural area has) and cannot find work now.. I have all the time in the world and would be willing to GO if there were a financial means for me to go. We have a family of seven... my wife and I, four daughters and a little son. But I will say that unemployment isn't making the way for us anyhow!

Now, I don't like to be selfish or to ask for handouts. I try to leave that for our bretheren from South of the border to carry out. I desire to be more respected as a hard working American than a freeloader. I COULD ask all of you if you would donate to me personally to get me down there since I really want to go - but I'm NOT going to ask. If anyone wanted to arrange a group who could help in making sure my family are fed, I would swing a sledge hammer somewhere on the borders of Arizona, Texas and California to help in building a fence so that more jobs come available so that I can then get a real job and be self-supporting.

But... the true reason for my post here is this: Even if I cannot go, I honestly believe the volunteer Minuteman should be supported here. It would take about $2,400 a month for me to take care of my family and myself while I am down there. Certainly not something I can do without huge support. Imagine, it would take 100 sponsors each giving $25 a month for a few months for me to go down there to work. I honestly don't think I could drum up that support, as people don't know me personallyand they are hesitant with such a thing.

However, even if I were never able to get support to do down there to help, I CAN come up with $25 a month to help others in getting down there. If I can't get support to go, I can help in getting someone else to go.

IF you ever hear of someone out there who wants to go, consider standing behind him or her and help 'em get down there. We may not be able to arrange a group of 100 people to to support ONE, but we can all at least HELP someone get there, even if it doesn't provide for everything such a person needs.

So putting myself aside, if you have someone locally in your area who has said he/she wants to go help, and if you feel better giving some funds to someone you know and form a local organization behind that individual - please please PLEASE send that volunteer man or woman down to the border to help in building that fence!!

Pro Patri Vigilans!!

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12