Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I need help on anchor babies.

I'm arguing in a local forum, and a neo-con is insisting that the anchor baby phenomenom is largely an urban myth, in that women do not cross the border just to have a baby, and that women do not have kids just to get benefits. Can somebody point me to a story or two for my rebuttal? I'm googling, but I am having trouble coming up with the search terms that work.

I am hoping that one of you have read something you can go back to.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I do know according to a CIS study that poor immigrants (most of them probably illegal) have 50% more children in the US than their country of origin. They would not have these extra children unless there was an economic incentive to do so. As US citizens anchor babies get much more benefits than they would in their parents country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Search

I've been so bad on posting duplicate information today, I'm going to suggest to you, something I've been doing even more than usual ----

Use the search feature, and I bet you'll get plenty of info. Nurses often have staggering comments about this phenomenon.

Here's a section from the link below.

In my work as chairman of the House Immigration Reform Caucus, I have traveled frequently throughout the Southwest . . . I have witnessed scores of Mexican women come to the border just to wait until they go into labor. They then ask to be rushed, not to a Mexican hospital, but to an American maternity ward. Hospitals near the border say illegal immigrant women who are near term in their pregnancies actually sit in their cars in the parking lot, waiting to go into labor . . . ( In Mortal Danger: The Battle for America's Border and Security , 2006, by Tom Tancredo, U. S. congressman)

http://www.ednews.org/articles/87/1/quo ... Page1.html
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Banned
    About every six months the population of the U.S. increases about as much as the population of Tallahassee. Who are these hundreds of thousands of new citizens? They are newborns, children of illegal aliens born in the United States - birthright citizens, "anchor babies" - not illegal aliens. This quirky legal right then allows the mother's parents and siblings to remain, and later a whole bunch of their relatives to immigrate legally. This why they are also known as "Jackpot babies."

Just consider Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, the second busiest maternity ward in the U.S. In 2006, 70 percent of the women giving birth in Parkland were illegal immigrants. That added up to 11,200 babies for which Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million to deliver these babies, the feds another $9.5 million and Dallas taxpayers tossed in $31.3 million. The average illegal patient is 25 years old and giving birth to her second anchor baby. We could also talk about California, but you get the point.

Thank you! I know I could count on you!!!
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Try using our search function here. I did using the keywords:

"anchor babies birth" (or, whichever you prefer)

and uncovered several articles which were highly related.

I remember reading here that authorities uncovered a boarding house where they had Oriental woman who would come here on Visitors visas...pregnant.....and this place put them up for a fee until they had the baby on American soil....the neighbors reported them....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    According to the 2006(First Quarter) INS/FBI Statistical Report on Undocumented Immigrants CRIME STATISTICS:

"Birth statistics- 380,000 plus "anchor babies" were born in the U.S. in 2005 to illegal alien parents, making 380,000 babies automatically U.S. citizens. 97.2% of all costs incurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayes. 66% plus of all births in California are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by tax payers."

Now that was back in 2005, it is much worse today.

You should tell that neo-con that he/she is not only a pro-illegal, but his/her taxes went and are still paying for these "anchor babies" of which he/she claims is "largly an urban myth."
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast