Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Responsible employers can check. In our area Lowes has a very good reputation for checking backgrounds. They use an outside firm and check national data base. If you are illegal then they will not hire. The sad part is that the forged documents the illegals use are not normally fancy and a little checking exposes them as forged.

If more could do like Lowes then these illegals would return on their own.

Not to mention the other give away is that they work in groups becuase only one will speak English. Employers know this and they just turn their heads. Of course we pay for the free medical & schooling.

First of all, there is NO legal way to get in this country if you are a unskilled worker UNLESS you have a very close relative that will sponser you and that is a long process. SO, EVERY young Hispanic applying at McDonalds or some such job, there is a 99.9% chance the documents are forged. If the people told them the SSN will be VERIFIED by the Federal govt., then they probably would leave. There was one social services office that put a sign on the door, that said "All SSN#s verified" and people would just come up and walk away. There ARE ways to keep from hiring these people but they don't want to do any of them.

i live next door to a drop house and have called many time and nothing has happen and nothing will happen. do no waste you time.

Does SAVE match SS#'s with a name? Or just tell you if it's a valid number?
    Americans First!

i live next door to a drop house and have called many time and nothing has happen and nothing will happen. do no waste you time.
    dyeard, I'm not so sure. A month ago I was convinced of this since there is something peculiar going on right across the street from me and I know it has been reported many times.

However, there have been two "busts" in my section of town this week. Maybe they ARE going to start enforcing the laws. Maybe it takes MORE people calling to make them enforce the laws. Maybe the heightened awareness the marchers shined on themselves was the key after all because it made even people who appeared to be sympathetic aware that they can do something.

I have renewed hope, actually.

I looked through my local paper to try to get stories to share but apparently they don't think the stories are newsworthy. Our local news stations have reported two such raids on houses recently as well as another raid on a hotel in Fabens, TX. There was another bust on a meth lab on the heels of warnings to stores regarding theft of propane tanks. It didn't say so but I wouldn't be surprised if that arrestee was an illegal.

Every day the news seems more encouraging to me and makes me think that we ARE making a difference.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by HomeOfTheBrave
    Does SAVE match SS#'s with a name? Or just tell you if it's a valid number?
    I believe it is a little more than just a SSN verification.

The Basic Pilot Employment Verification Program (Basic Pilot)

The Basic Pilot involves verification checks of the SSA and DHS databases, using an automated system to verify the employment authorization of all newly hired employees. Participation in the Basic Pilot Program is voluntary, and is free to participating employers.

The Basic Pilot:

removes guesswork from document review during the Form I-9 process
    allows participating employers to confirm employment eligibility of all newly hired employees
    improves the accuracy of wage and tax reporting, and
    protects jobs for authorized United States workers
    The Basic Pilot program has been available to all employers in the States of California, Florida, Illinois, New York and Texas since November 1997 and to employers in Nebraska since March 1999. The Basic Pilot Program began operation in November 1997 and originally ended in November 2001; however, the Basic Pilot Program Extension and Expansion Act of 2003 (Pub. Law 108-156) extends the Basic Pilot to November 2008.

The new law also requires for the expansion of the Basic Pilot Program to all 50 states. A Notice was published in the Federal Register on December 20, 2004, announcing the expansion of the Basic Pilot to all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and a new Web-Based Access method for the Basic Pilot. If significantly more employers than anticipated choose to participate in the Basic Pilot Program, USCIS may have to limit the number of participants.

The Basic Employment Verification Pilot Program is now available on the Internet using a Web-Based Access method. This will allow employers to use the Basic Pilot system from any personal computer with access to an Internet Service Provider (ISP).

The Web-Based Access method eliminates the need for a modem and the connectivity problems associated with using a modem. It also does away with the requirement for an employer to have an analog phone line to access the Basic Pilot.

Once you are registered and have completed the Web-Based Tutorial (WBT) you can immediately begin using the Web-Based Access method of the Basic Pilot Program. To register now for the Basic Pilot Web-Based Access method, go to
    https://www.vis-dhs.com/EmployerRegistration and follow the instructions.
    Also, check out:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-116583.html#116583

Thanks JohnB2012, Basic Pilot could be very valuable. I wish each business would post a notice saying they make thorough SS# checks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12