Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I Spoke Up At The School Last Night

Last night I attented one of our children's open house at school. I'm happy to report that I was very impressed with his teachers who seem to be very dedicated.

My child had spoken highly of the Spanish teacher, and kept telling me, "you're really going to like her!" My child was right.

However, the teacher began by saying that my child had grown up for several years in Miami, "around all those pain in the neck Cubans", as she put it, and therefore his Spanish accent was really good. I sensed that she was teasing, and she followed up by telling us that she was Cuban. I smiled and told her that some of our dearest friends in the world are Cuban, because of having lived there for quite some time.

We had the orientation, and at the end one of the parents, who had immigrated from a Latin American country said that he was SO GLAD his child was finally learning her native language. He said, if he had it to do over again, he would have taught her their native language first.

I sat there, and knowing the bell was going to ring in a moment, I had to decide fast. Respond or not respond? I thought about our great country and about all of the American people rightfully working so hard to preserve and protect our culture and our language, and I decided I HAD
    to respond.

It was brief and to the point. I raised my hand, and the teacher called on me. I said, "As an American, I would like to thank that gentleman for having taught his child English first, there are millions of Americans who would agree that you did the right thing." RING

The bell rang and that was the end of that. Let's hope my child's teacher has become a little less Cuban, and a lot more American, so that she is able to understand my point.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LegalUSCitizen,
    Good for you and Thanks
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You tell em Legal!

W

Way to go Legal

With One small voice, you carried a big message, from Millions of Citizens. Keep it up
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Good for you standing up and doing the right thing Legal. We all better speak up before the final bell rings on our liberty.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Well said! There are many opportunities to speak up and state the truth and you did an outstanding job.