Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I wish I hadn't found out like this!

I'm 20 years old and I met fell in love with and married an Israeli citizen. I wish that I could say that I cared about the immigrations issues before that, but to tell the truth I had the mall, high school and shopping on the brain. The last two years going through the immigration process has forced me to grow up fast. We played by the rules, we did the right paper work, went to all the interviews, even lived in the middle east pending the correct visa. My hubby finally got his K-3 Visa and we were on a plane the next week. We knew that he had to first file a paper registering his arrival to get a work permit...but its been almost six months and nothing has come but more inquiries, mostly about my finances. I work at a gas station and am expected to support our simple life of ramen noodles, no cable, and laundry mats PLUS the expensive immigration filing fees on six dollars an hour, without even having the option of government assistance. (any government assistance we receive, even me an american citizen) will just be charged to me and my co-signing parents. I take issue with the system, but I know that people are trying to reform it. I take more issue with the fact that illegal immigrant can skip the expensive, time consuming, legal process and receive things like welfare, and medical assistance, and we would be punished with fee,s jail time, even the revoking of his visa. I want to be involved. I want my voice to be heard. Whether you agree with my views, or understand my situation....please just point me in the right direction. Anything I can do to help things change, not just for myself but for anyone else that is going through this. Any suggestions?

I'm so sorry that you are struggling so! I admire you for taking the correct path and hard road.

Alipac has a member and she is waiting on her children.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    It is never easy to do the right thing, but it is the right thing and your reward is the knowledge that you will come out with your integrity intact, where others have taken the easy road and have no integrity.

Here is one of my favorite quotes: "Revelation assures us that 'Righteousness exalteth a nation.'" Samuel Adams to Arthur Lee, September 27, 1771

There is no integrity in a people who will come here illegally or knowingly stay beyond their time here against the laws, only so that they can be more prosperous than where they lived. Had these people come here because of religious persecution, or political assylum (meaning they would face possible death for disssenting with their governments politics) then I am all for that, but simply to make more money, that is outrageous.

We sympathize as well with people who struggle, but America cannot constantly take care of other countries poor because their own countries leaders would rather ignore the problems and live lavishly. If we would stop being a safety net for these corrupt leaders, then they would have to face their people and the troubles that ensue. The people would revolt and make it what it needs to be.

Alas, they do not, they'd rather come here, illegally, rape our system, and then demand we give them guaranteed citizenship simply because they are claiming squatters rights!! No way.

We are glad you have come here, stay with us. We are not lawyers, yet we will give as much advice as possible and all the moral support you need.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Danaee03 WELCOME!

It's good to add your voice to ours

A thought....has your husband checked with his Rabbi for immigration advice?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WELCOME Danaee03, you have come to the right site. I wish I was more of an authority to tell you how to overcome your obsticals that now face you and your husband. I could say to obtain a lawyer, but that may not do any good (don't take my word on this). Good luck in the future and keep us posted, please!!

Danaee03,

Welcome, Danaee,

I'm proud of you and your husband for doing the right thing. You are not alone.

ALIPAC is a group of concerned folk of all political persuasions who agree that we love our Country and want the current laws on the books enforced re illegal aliens. We want secure borders. If you check the archives, you will see many postings re our concern that amnesty by any name fro illegals, is not fair to those from around the world, who are LEGALLY trying to come here.

We look forward to hearing your family's progress. Let us know how we can help. You will see many ideas on how to become active. I email/fax/and phone my Congressfolk from www.Congress.org. Once you set it up, it's easy to use and free for emails. www.NumbersUSA.com is also, an important site.

Have you contacted your Congressfolk for possible help? Don't know if it will help, but you never know if you don't try.

You'll find that someone on here will know something about almost anything. Many, (not me) are very experienced in dealing with this issue.

Again, welcome.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Part of the problems you are experiencing is due primarily to illegal immigration. There are such pressures on our courts and agencies, due to illegal immigration, that it slows down the process for those who apply legally.

That being said, even if you come to America legally, there needs to be a process that is fair, but not necessarily easy. If it were simple for all who want to come to our country, we would soon be overrun with the millions of people around the world who want to come to America.

We need to mold our immigration policies, so that they will bring immigrants who, A: Want to assimilate and become Americans, not just come here for their personal benefit. B: Attract people who will be a benefit to our country, who offer skills and values that America needs. C: A balanced influx, not an overwhelming crush of immigrants from one particular region of the world.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Danaee03,

Welcome to ALIPAC. While you cannot contribute financially to ALIPAC because only US citizens are allowed to by law, we certainly welcome your activism here. Also sounds like you need every penny for the struggles you face.

The US Government is no longer responsive to the people she serves. The priority is placed on LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants desired by large corporations.

People in your situation, American citizens adopting children from abroad, and most Europeans are all having a great deal of trouble with our immigration agencies.

Most of us agree that immigrating legally should not be easy, fast, or struggle free, but the reports we receive are just out of hand.

Welcome to America where law abiding people are punished and lawbreakers are rewarded.

Just imagine the kind of world we are creating with such actions.

The land that people once dreamed of immigrating to is quickly turning into a place that does not match the honor and reverence once bestowed upon our great nation.

Americans are fighting back now. I hope that you can get things worked out and then never forget this when it is over and join our ranks to fight for what is right in the future.

W

Danaee03:

In my eyes, you and your husband are role models for all immigrants who want to come into this country.

As WavTek said:
    Part of the problems you are experiencing is due primarily to illegal immigration. There are such pressures on our courts and agencies, due to illegal immigration, that it slows down the process for those who apply legally.
    The people on this board will be very supportive and helpful. They'll try to provide you with links and other information which may (hopefully) get you through the process a little easier.

The only advice I can offer is this: "The squeaky wheel gets the oil". If I've learned nothing else in my life, I've learned that if you keep coming at "them", after a while they do start paying attention. In this case, "them" are the immigration authorities you have to deal with.

As curiouspat suggested, get on the two websites she suggested. They will give you the information needed to contact you members of Congress. Also, find out who your local legislators are - write to them -- call them. Become that "squeaky wheel".

I am truly sorry that you have to take a back seat to illegals. I wish you and your husband the absolute best of luck and am personally enriched by knowing there are people out there who are doing the right thing.

Re: I wish I hadn't found out like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Danaee03
    I'm 20 years old and I met fell in love with and married an Israeli citizen. I wish that I could say that I cared about the immigrations issues before that, but to tell the truth I had the mall, high school and shopping on the brain. The last two years going through the immigration process has forced me to grow up fast. We played by the rules, we did the right paper work, went to all the interviews, even lived in the middle east pending the correct visa. My hubby finally got his K-3 Visa and we were on a plane the next week. We knew that he had to first file a paper registering his arrival to get a work permit...but its been almost six months and nothing has come but more inquiries, mostly about my finances. I work at a gas station and am expected to support our simple life of ramen noodles, no cable, and laundry mats PLUS the expensive immigration filing fees on six dollars an hour, without even having the option of government assistance. (any government assistance we receive, even me an american citizen) will just be charged to me and my co-signing parents. I take issue with the system, but I know that people are trying to reform it. I take more issue with the fact that illegal immigrant can skip the expensive, time consuming, legal process and receive things like welfare, and medical assistance, and we would be punished with fee,s jail time, even the revoking of his visa. I want to be involved. I want my voice to be heard. Whether you agree with my views, or understand my situation....please just point me in the right direction. Anything I can do to help things change, not just for myself but for anyone else that is going through this. Any suggestions?
    Welcome Danaee!

Sounds to me like you are on the right track re: following the procedures for the legalization process, congratulations! I'm not clear on what your exact experience has been with trying to get assistance (medicaid, food stamps, housing voucher, etc) while you wait for his citizenship and/or his ability to work legally. You said that government assistance is not an option? and would be charged back to you or your co-signing parents? Can you explain what you mean? I've never heard of that and it seems to me that even though you have some income, you should still be eligible for some benefits. Did you apply and get turned down for everything? I'm not trying to be nosey, I just have had some experience with this and thought I might be able to help. Afterall, anyone following the rules is much more deserving of assistance than those breaking them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast