Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Danaee03:
    As curiouspat suggested, get on the two websites she suggested. They will give you the information needed to contact you members of Congress. Also, find out who your local legislators are - write to them -- call them. Become that "squeaky wheel".
    Absolutely! One other thing I would do is determine which of my leadership in D.C. (house and senate) are for/against illegal immigration and write the letters with that in mind, ie., Dear Senator Pro-Amnesty, Due to the invasion of illegal immigrants into this country, my husband and I, who are following the process to gain legal citizenship .. ................ or, Dear Senator Anti-Amnesty, Thank you for taking a position that favors legal immigration. My husand is in the process........

It is also sometimes appropriate to ask a legislator, due to the circumstances, to 'follow your application' through the process.

Welcome Danaee03!

Good to have you aboard.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone. I've been searching for a way to just do something, whether anything happens in time to helpful to me and my hubby or not. I'm just gonna randomly reply to people so sorry if I'm all over the place. You have to prove that you are 125% above the poverty level to immigrate, which I'm not so my parents cosigned, like an affidavit of support as well to take financial responsibility for him. I"m glad that the process is hard, like the whole weeding process. I just don't understand why they would leave him hangin on the work permit issue. They've already determined that our marraige isn't a hoax and that hes not dangerous, so why would he be allowed here but not allowed to work. The only thing than I can think of is the taxation issue, afraid that they won't get his tax money. Its just weird stuff, Hes not even allowed to volunteer just to keep busy, hes allowed to go to school for personal interest but not enroll in a degree program, and of caorse not allowed to work. I'm sure that most people that immigrate are older and more financially established so maybe its just the odds of my situation that are making it more complicated, I duno. All I know is that part of the affidavit of support is where you sign a statement promiseing not to need welfare, and if something goes wrong and you end up needing it than they charge you and are allowed to take whatever legal means neccesary to get the money. I was in contact with my congressman, well his secretary anyway while I was in Israel trying to get things worked out....but other than naggin the immigration department on phone numbers the public can't have they can't do much but keep calling and checking on the status of your paper work.

Danaee03:

Read all the posts here. There's a lot of bright people who've been reading a lot about what's going on. Somebody might run across something you can use and post it.

Will you explain further about that 125% above poverty level. I'm an American Indian -- I know nothing about immigration rules.

And again, just keep nagging your congressment, etc. Don't give up on being that squeaky wheel.

Danaee03

I agree with CheyenneWoman and the others.

naggin the immigration department
    Keep REMINDING the immigration department that your situation exists and that you're not going away. (I like REMINDING, better than NAGGING Has a better connotation! )

Of course, I get a lot of pleasure, PESTERING the news media about the illegal alien issue and their failure to cover it accurately

In the meantime, read our archives...there's a new Google search capability which really helps. It's located on the Home page, upper right hand corner. Search ALIPAC. There's a lot of info here.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

You are right, curious pat Reminding is sooooo much better than nagging.

ms. Danaee03. i guess you are waiting for work authorization. it could take like 2 months or like 6. it depends on the district office. and that gets done way sooner than the i-485. click on the link to see where they are:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

and just because they are two months from your date doesn't mean you will get your paper in two months. patience. i sent in my not too long ago and may have to wait like four months. and don't call immigration just for calling. better off just writing to them. and try to find some excuse. let's say your name is "patricia." perhaps on some form is "pat." call them just to make sure is "patricia" and all. other than that, wait ntil they get to your date. if 30 days passed and no answer, then call.

and btw, for those that are troubled by the CIR and "chain migration." perhaps should look at ms. Danaee03 before you really start talking. she doesn't make much, so she has co-petitioners. and they can't any form of public assistance. no fodd stamps if they fall on hard times. and see the hurdles she has? hope her case will at least make sure that in the future CIR or not peopel like here won't have to do what she has done.

so ms. Danaee03, wish you the best and keep an eye on the updates. i trust you have been to the status page:https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp.

good luck once again.

Hi Danaee03,
    First, thanks for going about it the right way! Second, I am very touched by your situation and I hope all works out well for you.
    While I don't fully understand the need for your parents to be involved, I can relate as my oldest daughter is married young and I have co-signed on her car and have helped her try to get her family started by contributing financially whenever need and/or possible. We feel the pain of a young family because we have been there.
    I will be watching this post and I wish you the best of luck. And try to keep smiling!
    Hussein who?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12