Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Idaho Sen.Crapo on Immigration S1348

Senator Mike Crapo, Immigratin Reform S1348

Immigration Reform

As you know, immigration reform has occupied a lot of time in Congress recently. From porches across America to the halls of Congress, this matter generates an incredible amount of discussion and debate. In fact, just in the past couple of weeks, I have received thousands of calls, letters, and emails, and I welcome the input from all viewpoints.

Currently, the Senate is considering the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007, S. 1348. While the bill takes several positive steps towards providing resources for stronger border security, it offers a flawed plan toward dealing with the millions of people who have entered our country illegally. Rather than allowing those in our country to participate in a provisional temporary worker program, the legislation would create a separate category that would provide legal status to individuals who entered our country illegally. By providing an advantage or benefit for illegal behavior, we only encourage further illegal immigration.

Further consideration and the final vote on this bill is expected in early June. As the Senate continues to debate and amend this legislation, please know that I am committed to finding a workable solution to this issue, one that provides all the necessary resources to securing the borders, does not reward illegal entry, provides for an efficient and workable guest worker program, and assures that American citizens have the first right to access available jobs.
    Sen. Mike Crapo....Idaho
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I am copying and pasting this and sending it to my own wishy-washy senators. This is great Sosad, I am jealous you have someone representing your state that has some brains and common sense, two things that are rare in politicians these days!

Maybe it's time to move to Idaho?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I am copying and pasting this and sending it to my own wishy-washy senators. This is great Sosad, I am jealous you have someone representing your state that has some brains and common sense, two things that are rare in politicians these days!

Maybe it's time to move to Idaho?
    I wish he would talk some sense into Craig, why are some people so stubborn?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I did do it too, hope they read this and feel like the slugs they are for voting for all sorts of perks for illegals so far!!

Senator Smith/Wyden, I have sent you a copy of an e-newsletter, an acquaintence shared with me from her senator. I found his thoughts not only in line with most Americans, but also showing a great deal of patriotism to America and Americans as well as common sense in this issue. I do hope you find this inspiring, and it will encourage you to do the right thing in regards to dealing with this.

"As you know, immigration reform has occupied a lot of time in Congress recently. From porches across America to the halls of Congress, this matter generates an incredible amount of discussion and debate. In fact, just in the past couple of weeks, I have received thousands of calls, letters, and emails, and I welcome the input from all viewpoints.

Currently, the Senate is considering the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007, S. 1348. While the bill takes several positive steps towards providing resources for stronger border security, it offers a flawed plan toward dealing with the millions of people who have entered our country illegally. Rather than allowing those in our country to participate in a provisional temporary worker program, the legislation would create a separate category that would provide legal status to individuals who entered our country illegally. By providing an advantage or benefit for illegal behavior, we only encourage further illegal immigration.

Further consideration and the final vote on this bill is expected in early June. As the Senate continues to debate and amend this legislation, please know that I am committed to finding a workable solution to this issue, one that provides all the necessary resources to securing the borders, does not reward illegal entry, provides for an efficient and workable guest worker program, and assures that American citizens have the first right to access available jobs. "
    Sen. Mike Crapo....Idaho
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good for you, I think it was a great Idea!! Never know whats going to cause the light to go on and them to get it.

BTTT

I wouldn't give Crapo too much credit until we see how he's going to vote on these amendments. I'm from Idaho and believe me, we don't need another one like Craig. I hope for all our sakes that Crapo does the right thing for the American people. I have already let him know how I feel, and I'm sure he's gotten the gist of how the People feel.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)