Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A START?

Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex_2585_8538
    No sir I am a Corrections Officer . But your right we need to call and email some of the trucking companies
    Sorry, I was under the impression you were. We need at least one person familiar with the trucking industry to help organize any sort of campaign.
    Here's a few suggestions that might help. There are a lot of truck stops across this country, a lot of drivers use these as a place to eat, sleep or maybe they are just out of hours. Most of the time they are standing around the parking lot talking. If someone has some flyers made up and handed out, they would probably read them and perhaps volunteer to hand them out across the country. If you have a CB, go to Channel 19, say what you have to say about the situation and then get off. Make sure you know some of the language used by the truckers. Also, at most of the truck stops, they have free newspapers. These newspapers have information about jobs, places to eat, etc. You can take an ad out in these newspapers very cheaply. Well I have some more ideas but this is a start.
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

NoIllegalsallowed wrote:
    Code:
    We need at least one person familiar with the trucking industry to help organize any sort of campaign.
    Some groups tried back in April or May of this year , problem is many didn't show up...They tried organizing around Austin, Oklahoma City and in D.C. My husband showed up in OKie City and there were about 20 trucks. Many also said they were prohibited from congregating around Washington D.C. they said the cops were not allowing them in the area unless they could produce Bills of Lading showing they had a load to drop in the area!
    Really the problem is that company drivers are not going to strike, the ones who have to strike are the independant owners, and small trucking companies. These are the one's that are going to be affected by this the most. Another problem is that this business has become so cutthorat, that many owner op's are willing to undercut the guy next to him just for a load. I was on some trucking boards and some were saying "Go ahead and strike then I will be able to get a better paying load"!

So u see the problem really comes down to no unity! Also u keep hearing about how good the economy is by the MSM, but he reality is it is not that great. I know because trucking is a direct gage on the economy..When the economy is good and people have discretionary income there are many loads to be hauled, but last year and this year the amount of available freight has been down considerably and so are the Rate per mile that is assesed on certain commodoties.
    Last Christmas season's spike in available freight barely increased and according to the American TRucking Association the tonnage was down from the previous year and they expect truck tonnage to continue to decrease before there is an upswing at least until 2009.

It really comes down to supply and demand, and really I don't see how allowing thousands more trucks to enter this country is going to be a benefit. The only one's that again are benefitting are the large trucking companies and the corporations. As we stand today there is not enough freight to keep trucks moving consistently now, so in turn, shippers are going to start loading the Mexican carriers , who will haul at a cheaper rate ,and no matter what the DOT and the Bush administration say, it is going to result in a loss of jobs....and we all know it will be American jobs again all in the name of GREED!

Hey everyone, there is an aspect of this that everyone is overlooking. Have you ever heard the term "back-hauling"?

Say a trucker makes a run from New York to California. If he comes back empty, it is wasted time and gas. So they find a load out west to being back. Sometimes, they pick up loads, and might make drops in states between CA and NY. And most every trucking company and independant trucker does this.

Does anyone honestly think that Mexican truckers are going to drive all over the U.S., and eventually, into Canada, and then drive all the way back to Mexico empty?

Not no, but hell no!!!! They will pick-up loads and take back. The question is, will U.S. truckers be allowed to do the same or will Mexico only want THEIR trucks delivering "up north?"

CitizenJustice, currently there are laws on the books known as "Cabotage Laws" which supposeldy prohibit Canadian carriers as well as the Mexican carriers to haul within the U.S....problem is like with all our other laws they are not being enforced.
    Currently Canadian truckers are hauling all over th U.S before they finally end up with a load back to Canada. Do we honestly think that Mexican carriers are going to drive into the U.S and if they can't get a backhaul directly back to Mexico they are going to deadhead back empty!! PLEASE ..GIVE ME A BREAK!
    What kind of sense or profitability would there be for these companies to haul into the U.S. just to haul back empty? Like u said "Hell No" the Mexican carriers will stay in the U.S. for at least a month hauling loads, undercutting rates, before they finally load back to Mexico! And the answer to your question is that no Indepedant Owner Operator is going to go into Mexico with a load, because he as well as many of us know he might not come back with his equipment or his life!

We need a list of all the major and minor trucking companies throughout the country. I heard that truckers can disseminate info in just 3 days using CBs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12