Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If Cloture fails: I won't gloat. I will just be thankful.

If Cloture fails, like I pray it does, I won't gloat or start to rub the results in the faces of those who dearly/desperately wanted this bill to pass, especially those supporters of illegal aliens.

1. Myself, I don't believe that either side is really going to be a winner in this bitter illegal immigrantion fight if CLOTURE fails like I pray it does.

2. In my opinion. this Kennedy immigration bill is simply a terrible bill that was hastily put together and that was NOT presented and studied in committee like it should have.

3. I am not against legal immigration. I am against illegal immigrants who are invading and flooding the United States.

4. Again: I WON'T GLOAT if Cloture fails in the Senate this morning, Thursday, June 28, 2007, as I hope it does on this terrible Kennedy immigration.

5. I will simply be very thankful and relieved that the Senate has finally come to its senses and has seen how terrible this Kennedy immigration bill is, and I will quietly count my blessings and move on to live and fight another day. mirse

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    That's how I feel too, mirse. I basically agree with everything Senator Sessions says about how this is a bad bill and the Senate can come up with something so much better that addresses the focused problems of securing the border as the 1986 bill had intended. Then, at a future date, dealing fairly with the illegal aliens who have been in this country for a length of time that qualifies their investment here and will place them behind those who have already applied for citizenship. I just do not want the American taxpayer to have to subsidize them or give advantage in any way, including schools, medical, business, etc. In otherwords, if you're allowed to remain here, you have to pay your way like the rest of us. And learn to speak English. But anyone who does not comply with our laws should be returned to their country permanently. I know this is not all, but it's getting late.