Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I find it interesting that some people would want to get away from illegals. Shouldn't illegals be the ones leaving instead? I know, not reality.
    I don't think there are any states (with jobs) where you can get away from the growing illegal population. They find work at restaurants, hotels and construction companies in every state and they go where there's a need for lower cost labor, which is pretty much everywhere.
    In Utah, you can see some construction going on in the winter (mostly commercial buildings) and 8 out of 10 you see what could be illegals working on those sites. I say could be to be PC. In the winter, most illegals are working in restaurants and warehouses where it's warm or driving delivery trucks. I don't think that there are any plans to change the situation and once summer comes, most low-wage jobs will be taken. Frankly, without government assistance I don't know how most unemployed Americans are making ends meet considering that the non-professional job that we do get are crappy wages that require two people working just to survive.
    I have seen ads for Computer and Internet Engineers at $12-$15 per hour! That's with a Bachelor's degree! Ridiculous.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    .I just wanna go home..If only we were heard and had louder voices in the 80s I would still be home..
    dakotas are pretty and would love to live in S.D but so cold in the winters..Lived in Nebraska once never again to cold then to hot..and no ocean...Hawaii would be nice but cost of living eeekss...Also jobs my husband is a pipefitter/welder and a mighty fine one at that.

well in march Im going to ca to visit maybe i will just move back after all if they are everywhere warm and they are here in wa i might as well move back...

call ICE on the company. first and foremost.

As soon as my husband gets all the info I am going to call..What info does ice want and how do you know if they check...

Keep coming with the the places to live....Thank you thank you thank you!
    I am also a pipefitter/ plumber.... If your husband still needs a job by late spring he's In luck. Union Local 290 Portland Oregon will be calling fitter and plumber travelers for the new Intel Fab called D1x. Tell him to brush up on his stainless certs and get ready to work 6/10's and later In the job 7/12's. Here Is a copy of the email that I got from them.... Hi Ron.... Could you tell me If and /or when they might need some travelers on the New Intel job ? I have worked In fabs before. I worked at Motorola,then at Intel fab12 In Chandler Az for Dynamic Systems. I worked with the detailers on layout,and I also did plumbing and fitting In the sub-fab. I was there until the final tool hook-up and worked In the clean-room on the tools. I worked In San Jose for O.C Mc Donald at Linear Technology,Maxim Integrated Products,and Micrel..... Thank You... The plan is that they will break ground on D1X in March. My guess is the soonest we would see travelers would be late spring with a busy summer and fall.

Ron Copenhagen

Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 290

20210 S.W. Teton

Tualatin Or. 97062

Desk 503-612-4948

Fax 503-691-0626

Cell 503-278-1524

Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
    Frankly, without government assistance I don't know how most unemployed Americans are making ends meet considering that the non-professional job that we do get are crappy wages that require two people working just to survive.
    I have seen ads for Computer and Internet Engineers at $12-$15 per hour! That's with a Bachelor's degree! Ridiculous.
    "If you see these employers committing violations contact the above numbers John Morton head of ICE is going after all violators, finally!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    I am also a pipefitter/ plumber....
    "They're comin' for you too my friend!"

Call your local county tax revenue service they used to do field inspections last year and just stopped, maybe with the ICE' new policies they may actually start field inspections and enforcement again
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    .I just wanna go home..If only we were heard and had louder voices in the 80s I would still be home..
    dakotas are pretty and would love to live in S.D but so cold in the winters..Lived in Nebraska once never again to cold then to hot..and no ocean...Hawaii would be nice but cost of living eeekss...Also jobs my husband is a pipefitter/welder and a mighty fine one at that.

well in march Im going to ca to visit maybe i will just move back after all if they are everywhere warm and they are here in wa i might as well move back...

call ICE on the company. first and foremost.

As soon as my husband gets all the info I am going to call..What info does ice want and how do you know if they check...

Keep coming with the the places to live....Thank you thank you thank you!
    I am also a pipefitter/ plumber.... If your husband still needs a job by late spring he's In luck. Union Local 290 Portland Oregon will be calling fitter and plumber travelers for the new Intel Fab called D1x. Tell him to brush up on his stainless certs and get ready to work 6/10's and later In the job 7/12's. Here Is a copy of the email that I got from them.... Hi Ron.... Could you tell me If and /or when they might need some travelers on the New Intel job ? I have worked In fabs before. I worked at Motorola,then at Intel fab12 In Chandler Az for Dynamic Systems. I worked with the detailers on layout,and I also did plumbing and fitting In the sub-fab. I was there until the final tool hook-up and worked In the clean-room on the tools. I worked In San Jose for O.C Mc Donald at Linear Technology,Maxim Integrated Products,and Micrel..... Thank You... The plan is that they will break ground on D1X in March. My guess is the soonest we would see travelers would be late spring with a busy summer and fall.

Ron Copenhagen

Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 290

20210 S.W. Teton

Tualatin Or. 97062

Desk 503-612-4948

Fax 503-691-0626

Cell 503-278-1524

He is in the same union different local..plumbers/pipefitters...So far we have been lucky with him working....But I will let him know..Oregon has problems with illegals also and at one time I wanted to move there thinking that I will be inching a little closer to Ca....But no more I love oregon and the people there are very nice compared to wa who seem to be grumpy at least where I live....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    I am also a pipefitter/ plumber....
    "They're comin' for you too my friend!"

Call your local county tax revenue service they used to do field inspections last year and just stopped, maybe with the ICE' new policies they may actually start field inspections and enforcement again
    Nobody knows that more than I do but,I will be retired In 3 years with my full pension We started seeing Illegals In the UNION construction trade In 1986 shortly after "the amnesty" was passed. It all started with the drywallers,and now they have Infested ALL OF THE CONSTRUCTION TRADES....

BillCunnane, we're already planning on being there in June! Can't wait !!

Banned
    well lets see...choice...harsh winters, great ski slopes in winter cold lots of snow clean air, good hunting and fishing, camp almost anywhere ya like, swim in clean mountain streams, hike till your feet fall off, meet friendly people who will wave even though they don't know you or shake your hand and say hello and not take your wallet at the same time............or dodge driveby shooting, see tons of mexican flags flying in the streets or being worn on tee shirts, cannot understand anything being said coz its in spanish, music is in spanish, food is mexican, workers are all illegal....ok make a choice. To me Montana seems like a winner.

It all started with the drywallers,and now they have Infested ALL OF THE CONSTRUCTION TRADES..
    "Dumbass construction workers!"

Hey Steve I am going to put a new roof on the house come Spring. I promise you I won't hire any illegals.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast