Let me tell you. I did the dumbest and bravest thing I've ever unknowingly done in my life.

Today, I went to the 21st Century Paul Revere Ride Rally. Afterwards, I went to a Mexican food restaurant, with my cousin because that is where she wanted to go and she was in a grumpy mood so I didn't complain. After the meal, I decided to go to Wal-Mart.

I'm tooling around WM, looking for some patriotic stuff, like pins. I found the flags and there were some Mexico flags there too. I thought some really inflammatory things about those flags. I almost took them and threw them on the top shelf and out of site. But I thought, no you don't need to get bounced.

I continued on my quest for camera memory and a whistle for my lanyard. All the time, I notice the sea of Hispanics giving me weird looks. The Hispanic pre-teen kids are staring at me so I look back at them. I'm thinking is my hair cut that bad. I head to the deli for some ham and I'm thinking they really are acting weird but I kept walking with my head up.

About that time, I glanced down and then I realized what was wrong. I had an American Flag Bandana tied around my neck.

Oh, that must have pissed them off. By the time I realized this, I had walked the whole store. I'm making my way to the check out and this little Hispanic woman passes me and leers at me. I lock eyes with her and I said in a bitchy voice, "Yes, I'm an American do you have a problem with that"? She dropped her look and scurried off.

I was way out numbered and alone! Stupid me!

Ironically, the Revere Riders were telling us to fly our flags and get out and get visible. I thought what more can I do? I've already put a flag on my car and one on my house. Well, now I know!

Dixie