Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is a good point Dixie. The other thing I often wonder about is why isn't everything also written in other languages like Chinese, Russian, etc. etc. In my opinion, it is because those IMMIGRANTS learn ENGLISH!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

This is just like for voting. Hispanics make up a very small % of the voting population, I think around 7% or so in 2000 prez election, yet it seems almost every politician of both parties panders to them in such ways as givng speeches in Spanish, and having Spanish versions of websites.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This, once again, reflects the fact that the Hispanics are better organized than we are in pursuit of their goals. I think we are, just now, beginning to catch up.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

This is my take on it. Although most Hispanics in this country who are legal citizens are usually bi-lingual, their culture demands that they retain Spanish as their primary language. So instead of business catering to just 12 million illegals who don't speak English, they are actually catering to all Hispanics in this country which is more like 30-40 million. Still a small percentage of the population however when you realize that that there are 300 million people in this country.

I think they know that the reconquista is well on it's way and since there are 3,000 a day crossing from Mexico illegally into our country, they are doing the math for future customers. It's still a sell out anyway you look at it. Speaking of Sears, last time I was in there they had a whole line of latina clothing. I said to my wife, "WTF since when do they dress different than we do"? It looked like hooker clothing to me though.

Your in Texas right? I'm sure it's a high Julio populace as it is here. What was the product? Can't quite scar the marketers without all the information. Coming out of the customers pocket? I'm not trying to flame here, but most companies have a budget set aside for marketing as a whole, not marketing to the english, then a pocket for marketing to the spanish. The money for that ad would have been spent anyway. Even if it didn't hit them for an economic gain as it should, sometimes they just do it to bring in a new demograph. Maybe they were waving the mehico flag. Marketing is funny, I agree, but understanding the true reason for the ad is purely speculation. As is what I just wrote. I'm against illegals too, but turning everything upside down is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    These businesses were harassed into their behavior, and they can be harrassed out of it. English speaking Americans are subsidizing this thing and they can stop it. I've had some success myself with advertising that comes here. Gee, I love postage paid envelopes.
    How about if we send these coupons BACK to the nearest store with a note saying "I'll use this when you start an English Only marketing policy."

What really gets my goat is when I went to the super market last week to buy a popular brand of soda crackers to have with my soup. The same company had two boxes on the shelf of the same crackers...One in english and one in spanish! I guess some spanish speaking Mexicans only like soda crackers that have non english on the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I guess some spanish speaking Mexicans only like soda crackers that have non english on the box!
    Or ... as Bush might put it, "They are buying crackers that Americans won't buy."

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBob
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I guess some spanish speaking Mexicans only like soda crackers that have non english on the box!
    Or ... as Bush might put it, "They are buying crackers that Americans won't buy."
    I think you are right on that one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast