Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This isn't so much marketing - as in introducing them to a product or company - it is pandering - pure and simple.

Believe me, some of them can't speak English - but they are fewer than anyone believes. They just refuse and they want the rest of America to cater to them.

These people have been watching American movies, listening to American music and watching American TV programs all their lives. They know enough to get by and they know enough to recognize the products they want to buy - and they certainly know Sears, Wal Mart, etc., that's international language.

There is no way they don't know what crackers are - Spanish or English - it is pandering.

Armybrat We have no way of knowing if that is additional money spent for advertising or just part of the advertising budget. Personally, I think it is additional as I don't think they want to decrease the English speaking customers in order to gain HIspanic - ????????????? It would take more to set up two different copies -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    This isn't so much marketing - as in introducing them to a product or company - it is pandering - pure and simple.

Believe me, some of them can't speak English - but they are fewer than anyone believes. They just refuse and they want the rest of America to cater to them.

These people have been watching American movies, listening to American music and watching American TV programs all their lives. They know enough to get by and they know enough to recognize the products they want to buy - and they certainly know Sears, Wal Mart, etc., that's international language.

There is no way they don't know what crackers are - Spanish or English - it is pandering.

Armybrat We have no way of knowing if that is additional money spent for advertising or just part of the advertising budget. Personally, I think it is additional as I don't think they want to decrease the English speaking customers in order to gain HIspanic - ????????????? It would take more to set up two different copies -
    I agree with you nntrixie, these people come here and use our stores and watch our tv, they know what's going on. It really irritates me that an American store has to pander and put the word welcome on the door in spanish! Or they have to have spanish on a roll of paper towels. This is America and I resent seeing everything in spanish because our government didn't secure the border! Anyway why are they putting spanish on everything anyway? Why not Korean, Japanese, Russian and etc! Isn't that decrimination?

What I 've noticed is that there is more Spanish labeling on products. I think it's because there are more Spanish only speakers in the country. We can't get dragged down in trying to convince business owners to making money - I don't see that happening. We must stay focused on the reason there is so much catering to Latinos, and the reason is illegal immigration. Believe me those advertising dollars are well spent or they wouldn't do it.

English Only has began, we need to help it along. Don't get me wrong I am all for foreign languages (took japanese and french in high school) but I believe we all need to speak to each other in a common tongue, and that tongue is English and always should be here in the USA.

from what I am reading the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is saying that English-only rules are discriminatory.

links to info:
    http://hr.cch.com/topic-spotlight/hrm/050407b.asp
    http://www.networkcomputing.com/showite ... D=17603472
    http://www.puertorico-herald.org/issues ... tBsns.html
    http://www.jacksonlewis.com/legalupdate ... fm?aid=585
    http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/ne ... p?id=68872

**3. LABOR: IMPLICATIONS OF ENGLISH-ONLY POLICIES IN THE WORKPLACE. GREGG LEMLEY, a labor law expert at BRYAN CAVE: "Proposed legislation and other drum beating from English-only proponents has emboldened employers seeking to implement English-only policies in the workplace. However, anyone considering implementing an English-only policy should be aware of the numerous pitfalls, mandatory exceptions and other potential legal and PR implications." News Contact: Luis Mocete, luis.mocete@bryancave.com Phone: +1-212-541-1141 (6/12/07)

I envision a two prong attack. One prong attacks companies that advertise/print material (non international) in Spanish. The other targets non-ethnic companies flying foreign flags. For example a mexican restaurant i have no problem with but a user car lot? lots of problems.

Let me stew on this for a week or two, i might just have a few websites online containing information for activist on each one... or perhaps we could start sticky threads here where users could post digital photos of the product / company and their contact information.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    I envision a two prong attack. One prong attacks companies that advertise/print material (non international) in Spanish. The other targets non-ethnic companies flying foreign flags. For example a mexican restaurant i have no problem with but a user car lot? lots of problems.

Let me stew on this for a week or two, i might just have a few websites online containing information for activist on each one... or perhaps we could start sticky threads here where users could post digital photos of the product / company and their contact information.
    I love Mexican food and I eat in Mexican restaurants all the time...But if I see the Mexican flag flying in any business in the United States, I will no longer do business with them!

I suppose the pandering has to do with the fact that we are going to be one country soon with Canada, US, and Mexico.

Therefore, they're trying to make this country bilingual, in order to get ready. These businesses are the ones who WANT this Union because they'll make more money. Anything for money - don't worry about losing your country.

It's sort of like selling your soul (our country) to the devil - you lose your soul and get the devil's goodies (more money), but where are you in the end? You are nothing, and have nothing.

Somehow, because of greed (which our country has certainly encouraged), people who are doing these things are blinded from seeing what is happening to this country. It all comes down to greed, as it usually does.

This country is lost. 20 years from now we'll just be another third-world shit-hole like Mexico is today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123